Menu

T-shirt help?

songsparrow

I'm looking for T-shirts for my 13 yo daughter - ones that are shaped for girls (not tight but not boxy) and that are not see-through, ideally with some fun designs or pictures.  

Once she outgrew Justice, people here recommended Aeropostale.  We got some of their shirts over the winter, but they were all see-through and required layering.  We could go to Lands End or Hanes or such to get plain T-shirts, but she'd like to have something with a bit more personality.

Any recommendations?  (FYI, she's in junior / misses / ladies adult sizes)

ETA:  Just came across Threadless, and I think she might find some T-shirts she likes here.  

Hot Topic?

I've ordered several shirts online lately (A Harry Potter one and a Naruto one from Etsy, a couple Kpop ones from fyzzed, a few shirts from Sevenly) and what I usually do to have a good fit but not tight (I'm super uncomfortable if I feel like there is material in my armpits, it's a pet peeve of mine) is just order a size or two up.  It's worked well so far, I have shirts that still fit me well but aren't super tight.  They're still slimming and flattering, too (which I'll take ;) ).

ETA: Thought of a couple more - try H&M or Forever 21.  Especially H&M.  My biggest caveat with Aeropostale is that their shirts shrink.  I had some that were made from a thicker material, not tissue paper thin, but they shrunk horribly.  I ended up not shopping there anymore after awhile.  American Eagle might have something, or Express or Gap, maybe.  Old Navy.  Etc.

I'm looking for T-shirts for my 13 yo daughter - ones that are shaped for girls (not tight but not boxy) and that are not see-through, ideally with some fun designs or pictures.

Once she outgrew Justice, people here recommended Aeropostale. We got some of their shirts over the winter, but they were all see-through and required layering. We could go to Lands End or Hanes or such to get plain T-shirts, but she'd like to have something with a bit more personality.

Any recommendations? (FYI, she's in junior / misses / ladies adult sizes)

ETA: Just came across Threadless, and I think she might find some T-shirts she likes here.

Kohl's?

I've had some good luck shopping for clothes for DD12 at Kohl's women's clothing for a girlish cut. For personality (overload, but that's us) I've bought her shirts from Think Geek and Woot. There's a Forever 21 store in our local mall my teenage niece likes -- I need to get in there with DD to see what they have, but DN'S t-shirts all look thick enough.

Do not buy from hot topic.  They are notorious for stealing designs.  Not cool.

My soon to be 14 year old daughter likes Old Navy, Macy's, and www.teespring.com, for her sci-fi fix she likes www.freshbrewedtee.com

Redbubble.com has tons of shirts & you can pick the cut & type of shirt.

Teeturtle.com has cute/geeky designs.

Dayoftheshirt.com shows many of the daily shirt sites. We've had pretty good luck getting girl-cut shirts that are sturdy/thick enough to not need layering from various daily shirt sites.

Delias has tons of decorated tees.  Some of them are dumb but some are kind of cute.

http://store.delias.com/category/tops/graphic+tees.do?nType=1&incmpid=topsddgraphictees

Actually, I just looked and there aren't too many cute ones right now!  :huh:

Delias is a favorite of DDs.  Watch out for see-through though.  And if in doubt, size up.  DD is 5'8, 100 lbs, 32A bra, and sometimes needs a medium.

I used to buy tops at Sears. Their juniors dept. had stuff I liked. I think I still own a couple that came from there (okay they don't fit right now... lol). Hello Kitty and novelty tops. I also used to just look in the junior's section of the major department stores... JCP, etc.

Sears often has some cute t's super cheap.