Menu

sketcher go walk shoes?

HollyDay

I have read so many good things about the shoes on the DisBoards. I tried them on, about 14 different pairs in whatever models they had. Super comfortable. But also, IMO, super ugly. I wanted to buy them, I really did, they felt great. I couldn't get over how they looked, though, even trying every color, every tiny difference the various types that were available.

hmmmmm.....I looked online today and there are so many GoWalk types.  I'm having trouble with plantar fascia again and thought this might be a good alternative shoe for me.  My asics are just not getting the job done at the moment

I've wondered about these...........  I want something that is both comfy and stylish for walking around Disney.............. can't decide if I like the look of the styles I've seen or not..........

I felt they were a little too squishy.  Kind of a feeling of wearing fluffy slippers. They felt good going on, but there is no way I would want to walk on them all day.  I prefer a more structured European style shoe though, so take my opinion with that in mind. 

My friend wore them to a PT appointment (following foot surgery), and the PT scolded her for the lack of support.  

I have read so many good things about the shoes on the DisBoards. I tried them on, about 14 different pairs in whatever models they had. Super comfortable. But also, IMO, super ugly. I wanted to buy them, I really did, they felt great. I couldn't get over how they looked, though, even trying every color, every tiny difference the various types that were available.

*bolding mine*

:lol: :lol:  I abhor ugly shoes, and I don't understand the love affair people have with Bob's shoes (*those* are, IMO ugly), but I own a pair of the Go Walk ones. I think they are cute!

Actually, what I have are the Go Walk 2 style (dd has the Go Walk and we have no idea what the difference is), and they are super comfortable. I can see how they would be great for Disney.

However..... I have one complaint, but it's more about my toes than the shoes. The insides are very 'smooth', and my second toe is longer than my big toe, so after about an hour of walking fast (not sure if the slow pace of Disney would be better), my second toe is pushing against the top, making it sore. As I said, it's a 'toe thing', but I thought I would mention it as something to consider for those whose toes are like mine. If I'm paying attention and making sure my foot doesn't slide up a bit, I can go longer in them.

The toe thing aside, they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned and am looking for another pair. I wear them all the time!

Actually, what I have are the Go Walk 2 style (dd has the Go Walk and we have no idea what the difference is), and they are super comfortable. I can see how they would be great for Disney.

This is something I'm trying to figure out too.  Amazon actually has a good price on a cute pair of pink ones.  But, I'm finding there are bunches of GoWalk types.  And I can't find a comparison chart. 

This is something I'm trying to figure out too.  Amazon actually has a good price on a cute pair of pink ones.  But, I'm finding there are bunches of GoWalk types.  And I can't find a comparison chart. 

Well, one difference comes to mind. The insole of mine says GoWalk2 whereas dd's insole says GoWalk. No comparison chart needed. :lol: 

Honestly, they look and feel the same to us.

LOVE them! I'd own 10 pairs if I could. They are very cute or terribly ugly depending on the style and color. My mom just visited with a pair that had an eyelet pattern and those we're super cute. When I went to look for the same kind at kohls, all I could find was what I call grandma beige in really gross styles.

These are the ones I want (in black or navy)

http://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenapi/productmobile.html?productID=1609882

I bought both the GoWalk and GoWalk2.....they were very comfortable at first. I also have plantar fasciitis and found they didn't have enough arch support to be comfortable throughout the day. After wearing a couple hours, my heels were starting to hurt. If I had 'normal' feet, I think the GoWalks would be great but don't recommend for those with plantar fasciitis. For me, Keens give the best support for a non-athletic shoe.

I have fallen in love with a grey/teal, lace-up pair of Gowalk2.  I love them so much, I've bought a lace-up black/white pair and a mint no lace, lacy pair for the summer.

Btw, I have bad feet...Heel pain and arch cramps :smash: if I go barefoot or wear shoes without good support.  Go walks come in tons of styles and they all feel a little different imo. 

Lots of women are wearing them without socks around here.  I found they fit pretty true to size, but the different styles had different fits kwim.

I really want to try some of these now!  I'm wondering about socks. Can you wear them without socks in the summer? (Can you wear them with socks in the winter?) Would the socks affect which size to order?

I have 3 pair of Go Walk2 stance.  They are comfortable and I've had no problems with walking in them 5 miles each day of the week.  However, the sketcher runners left me with horrible blisters this week and I had to take 3 days off from walking/running.   Just started back today in Merrills trail runners and they are fabulous!