Menu

Thank you all so very much. Updated

Lizzie in Ma

Hi all,

I thought I would update in case anyone was wondering and because I am still so very thankful for you all and your generosity and kindness.  You truly made a difference on her birthday.

The port site is healing well but she's had an allergic reaction to the dressings so far, it's been misery, our doctor actually made a housecall on Friday and the home infusion nurse has tried two dressings and is bringing another this morning.  We have her on benydryl and cold packs for some relief.

Back to NYC next month to the Lyme Dr. to see what we do next.

I am seeing a few Lyme/tick posts on the boards these days and I am being as helpful as I can, feel free to ask me anything at all if I can help.

We got home from the port procedure and it went really well.  We got there at 6:30 this morning and got home just after 1:00.  She was tired and sore. 

We pulled up the driveway and there were her sister, her dear friend, the dog and the cat with party hats on. 

They had put balloons everywhere and had two bubble machines going and decorated the house inside and out.

I had no idea they were up to this.

They had put all the cards and gifts from you all in a pile and when I explained who they were from, she started to cry. 

Her joy while she read your dear cards was so dear.  She is overwhelmed by your compassion and cherished every message and gift.  I wanted to pop on and thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.  She said it was the best birthday ever.  And it was you all who helped to make it happen.

Happy Birthday Rowan,

I think my gift may still be coming - they told me two weeks from Australia.  Hope you had a great day.  You look gorgeous in the photos.  Glad the port op went ok.  Horrible, I guess, but good to have instead of all the needle pricks!