Menu

Brave must be the official movie of TWTM forums

MrsMommy

I was watching Brave with my children this afternoon, and I realized that if there was ever a movie that could be the official movie of these forums, it must be Brave.

There are kilts...lots and lots of kilts.

There is, as described by Queen Elinor herself, a "kerfuffle."

The witch gives Merida a spell in the form of a small cake...dare I call it a cupcake?

Plus, I'm pretty sure Merida and her brothers are homeschoolers themselves. I mean, they're clearly unsocialized, right? ;)

(I didn't notice any shopping carts or crock-pots, but you can't be too picky.)

So, I'm pretty sure Brave is the official movie of our forums. Or, it's the last week of school, and I'm getting a little punchy. Whatever. You decide!

Last year Dd was given, by different people, the dvd, the archery doll and a play set with characters, castle and horse etc.

Dd already had the the long unruly red hair, archery set, bravery and attitude (and a mother that can growl!).

We have lent or recommended the film to a few people.

Love it.

You know, I think I'm just about the only person who was meh on Brave.  It was okay, but the whole bear thing was just weird.  It is rather fitting for the boards though!

I just saw it last weekend--my boys had seen it a couple times.  It was eh-okay.  I don't think that girl was terribly "brave" or learned any lessons--she was still a spoiled child at the end.  But the mother--she was the star for sure.

It was kind of a letdown--I think I expected Mulan--with all the trailers of the girl shooting arrows, I thought her family would need some kind of protection and she would go off and fight in the war and show how "Brave" she really was.

The movie was really pretty though--

Betsy

You know, I think I'm just about the only person who was meh on Brave.  It was okay, but the whole bear thing was just weird.  It is rather fitting for the boards though!

The bear thing was weird, but they made up for it by saying "bear" with a Scottish accent so many times. I don't know why, but that word in particular, said with that accent, really tickles me. If only it had been David Tennant saying it...