Menu

I got two new hats

Luanne

I love hats.  Although it would bug me in real life, sometimes I wish I lived back in the day when women wore them all the time. 

I love the hat on the left, the black & white one.  It's very stylish.  It would dress up any outfit.

I love the penguin hat because it makes me smile.  I would wear it with jeans and a t-shirt.

Hats rule!

I was concerned this summer about being too warm with something on my head all the time.  I hadn't considered that it might get cool again.  I walked with my mother up to the mail box today, there was a cool breeze blowing and all I had on my head was a bandana.  My head was freezing when I got back.  That is why I got the warmer hat.  It is supposed to snow again on Sunday and then be cooler for a week.  I think I will be glad I bought a warmer hat.  You don't realize how much heat goes out your head when there isn't any hair there to keep it in.

You may find you wear the penguin more often even in the summer.  I had a friend who wore a toque all summer camp and it was +30s because she was always so cold due to the chemo and resultant weight loss etc.  She was always in long sleeves, a padded vest, wrapped in a blanket and wearing a toque.

They both look great, Luanne.  I really like the black cap.  You could wear that with just about anything casual.  I LOVE the penguin knit!  It's so cute and will be very cozy when you need it.