Menu

My heart is all aflutter...

We added another giant dog to our tiny house today! His name is Goose, and he's a litter-brother of our dane, Atlas. When these boys were pups, their dam collapsed a cross-pen on the litter, breaking three of the pups' legs. Goose's leg never healed properly and was amputated when he was five months old.

Goose remained with the breeder to become a sire. :cool: Unfortunately, he wasn't quite the man for that job. :blush: Thus he was neutered, and today he was placed with our family.

100_8385.jpg

100_8392.jpg

Isn't he a handsome fella? :001_wub:

Isn't he a handsome fella? :001_wub:

Yes, he sure is! How is his brother liking him at your house?

Did his tail grow any longer to compensate for the amputated leg? I ask because my sis had a cat that had it's leg amputated at a similar age & the cat's tail was longer than those of his litter-mates. (I think it grew longer to help compensate for balance.) And, boy, could he run -- faster than his brothers & sisters.

Yes, he sure is! How is his brother liking him at your house?

Did his tail grow any longer to compensate for the amputated leg?

Brother Atlas is very accepting so far. He looks a wee bit jealous, but he's getting lots of extra love. ;)

As to the tail, it does seem much longer than Atlas'...that is very interesting! He's pretty speedy, too.

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

Sadly, Goose was not a good fit for our family, so he returned to the breeder yesterday. :( While we will miss him greatly, he deserves a family that better suits his personality.

Needless to say, we could not come home with a dane deficit. So, meet our newest addition...Peaches, a nine-week old mantle girl.

100_8452.jpg

:001_wub:

***UPDATE***

Sadly, Goose was not a good fit for our family, so he returned to the breeder yesterday. :( While we will miss him greatly, he deserves a family that better suits his personality.

Needless to say, we could not come home with a dane deficit. So, meet our newest addition...Peaches, a nine-week old mantle girl.

100_8452.jpg

:001_wub:

3dog-bone.gif What a lucky pup!

So much happening in your dog world. What happened with Goose? I can't bear to think of him not having a wonderful home, he is so adorable. But, I know you can't keep a dog that doesn't mesh well with the rest of you. As for Peaches....well, I'm positively swooning. I think I want her. Does she come with a lifetime supply of food and her own vacuum cleaner? ;)

Yay for you, Debra!!

About Goose...well, he is pretty much a puppy in an adult body. :eek: And at 150 lbs., he proved to be too hard-headed for our crew.

He has the best floppy-dog personality ever, but his tendency to spread food across the kitchen into every crevice during every meal, coupled with his penchance for, er, baby billiards, means that he'll do far better in a household with no littles and perhaps no other dogs. He adjusted to our other dogs, but just not to us. :( He's got some happy folks already lined up to meet him, so I'm very relieved. :001_smile:

As to Peaches, I may have to change her name to Poppins: she's practically perfect in every way...

About Goose...well, he is pretty much a puppy in an adult body. :eek: And at 150 lbs., he proved to be too hard-headed for our crew.

He has the best floppy-dog personality ever, but his tendency to spread food across the kitchen into every crevice during every meal, coupled with his penchance for, er, baby billiards, means that he'll do far better in a household with no littles and perhaps no other dogs. He adjusted to our other dogs, but just not to us. :( He's got some happy folks already lined up to meet him, so I'm very relieved. :001_smile:

As to Peaches, I may have to change her name to Poppins: she's practically perfect in every way...

I actually think it suits her better than Peaches. Glad she's got you wrapped around her paw! :001_smile:

I actually think it suits her better than Peaches. Glad she's got you wrapped around her paw! :001_smile:

I agree...but ds4 christened her Princess Peach after a video game character. :rolleyes: I convinced him that Peaches was a tolerable compromise. Her high-falutin' AKC name will be TTS Damsel in Distress. :D