Menu

I can see at night after 5-7 years of complete night blindness

Jeannie in NJ

I had cataract surgery on my left eye on Tues but I had not gone out of the house at night yet. Last night dh and I got in the car to meet his sister for dinner.  AND I COULD SEE perfectly fine at night.  I have had complete night blindness for the last 5 to 7 years, I could only see black at night.  Of course I have not been driving at night all that time and everyone, especially my dd, would have to lead me around at night or else I would fall or run into things.  In fact, the night before my surgery, I ran straight into a bush at my cousin's house .

Anyway, I started pointing out to dh everything that I can now see from us driving to meet sil and I called my dd at home.  When she answered I screamed I CAN SEE.  We were laughing and screaming on the phone.  Can't wait to get my right eye done.  I have been missing seeing so much the last few years.

Oh, wow, congratulations!!!!! That is so awesome! Enjoy every second of it!

I took my vision for granted so much before I had an experience with an incompetent eye doctor. Thanks to Dr. Hive and a lot of trial and error I can read, drive, and see my toes from a standing position again after two years. That's nothing compared to what you've been through.

Celebrate! Enjoy! Journal about it if you can! Be as silly as you want!