Menu

my DH has been videoed while running

Mandylubug

So, DH and I are what I'd call casual runners. We run 6 to 12 miles a week according to weather, etc. Not hardcore runners etc. I think DH is attractive but he isnt a model. Doesnt have any fat on him, isnt too skinny but doesnt boast a models body with defined abs, tan, etc. However, lately, he's had neighbors video him, honk and then today, a guy pulls over, lets down the window and says "you're a beast man! I videoed you last week and today! I approve, man!"

wtc? I've seen some younger girls drive by him while we run, honk and go on in giggles and I've had my share of guys staring when I wear compression pants but this videoing him and stopping to proclaim being a fan is just weird! I told him to stop running without a shirt or he's going to regret it (joking of course) still very odd behavior.

eta I told him i want a tag pic next time. He isn't jogging on predictable days or times either. Creepy, though. He just laughs and isnt worried about it.

I've only seen one other on our road but it is mainly just DH and I. Sometimes my kids, too, in a straight line (have to teach single file lines some how right? Well mine can jog in single file :p )

I wouldn't say it's odd for GA though. Many running clubs, running events, etc.

Whenever we have lived on a military post, my female visitors have enjoyed sitting outside in the morning for the scenery. Videoing is a little weird, is running not very popular in your neighborhood?

On military topic, I adored DH in formation runs, going by, in cadence....mmmmmm hmmmmm good memories.

Has the weather been cold with a wintry mix falling?  Folks may just be impressed by seeing him out running when everyone else is cowering inside.

It is 60 today, hallelujah. It doesn't get cold like others define cold. Last video day, it was in the 40s.. so definitely not frigid. We do run drizzle or not. Won't run in a storm but drizzle and mist doesn't stop us, either.

That's strange. Slightly OT I really dislike men running or exercising shirtless. I'd encourage dh to wear a running shirt and see if the weirdness stops.

I don't want him to touch me while he is all sweaty. Running without a shirt is quite common here, though. eta: he does run without a shirt to keep from having a horrible "farmers" tan because he works in the sun daily at the airport. Well, that and the GA humidity is rough during the summer. However, before he started going without a shirt, his tan lines were hilarious.

I don't want him to touch me while he is all sweaty. Running without a shirt is quite common here, though. eta: he does run without a shirt to keep from having a horrible "farmers" tan because he works in the sun daily at the airport. Well, that and the GA humidity is rough during the summer. However, before he started going without a shirt, his tan lines were hilarious.

I am not convinced that running w/out a shirt is the cause. I would assume it is more that not that many people run in your neighborhood. Loads and loads of men around here run without shirts. It is hot and humid. I don't see that as a big deal.

Well, who knows. I find it odd to video someone. Even if you felt they were insane for running period, or in the weather, or without a shirt.. it is just odd to video someone for the fun of it. It makes me wonder WHAT they are doing with those videos lol... I am off for my run while the kids are occupied and not killing each other. Maybe I will create a fan base today, too ha ha ha!

Just wanted to chime in and say guys run without shirts here all the time - no big deal lol!  I think it's interesting that different places have different running 'cultures' I guess... and we have a fair number of runners here, for the size town we are especially.

I don't think I'd really think twice about the whole thing.  I'd just be like, 'cool!' and that would be about it.  :)

I ran for twenty years in Atlanta, GA, and this city is just weird like that. People would try to high five ne from their car, lots of um, verbal encouragement, honks, etc...I don't think it's the lack of shirt, lots and lots of shirtless guys out running in that area, nobody thinks twice about it, and a lot of the women are in sports bras and running shorts.

Running cultures can be VERY different in different locations. I traveled to Huntsville, AL, to run a half marathon with a friend, and people were apparently scandalized because I ran the race in a running bra and knee length running tights. It was a warm day...I ran the Peachtree road race in a teeny tiny running bra and tiny shorts (I was in my 20´s, brutally hot day), and no one even blinked.

He's apparently just an appealing guy out for a run. The videoing is very strange, though...

if he doens't want the attention - he needs to wear a shirt. not wearing a shirt is sending a message - intentional or not - that he wants attention. the kind of attention he's getting would creep me out too.

Not true. My son ran in the summers without a shirt, because it gets darn hot. He always ran in the afternoons to train for cross country, as their meets are in the afternoon and for the first two months of the season it is still pretty warm (it's been as high as 100 at a couple of their meets). When I see a guy running without a shirt, I don't assume he wants attention, I assume it's because he is hot. And even if it is not sweltering hot outside, some people get really hot when they are running. And really, why should I care why or what someone is wearing?

if he doens't want the attention - he needs to wear a shirt.  not wearing a shirt is sending a message - intentional or not - that he wants attention.   the kind of attention he's getting would creep me out too.

Most men that I see running here (when it is warm) are not wearing shirts.  Women run in sports bras.  Men cut grass and do other yard work without shirts.  Maybe it's a southern thing?

This attitude (that someone is "asking for attention") baffles me.

This attitude (that someone is "asking for attention") baffles me.

and as has been *repeatedly* pointed out by others - there are different running cultures depending upon where you are.  here, it is very rare that I see a guy running shirtless.  (on a really hot day - and those are usually very serious runners and it doens't take more than a passing glance to see the typical runners muscle definition that says so.  op implied he wasn't that defined. maybe he's more defined or has better form than she gives him credit for.  I remember one kid at dd's x-cntry races who had very pretty form. he made it look easy and like he wasn't even breaking a sweat as he left everyone behind him while he crossed the finish line.  but he was very pretty to watch run because of his form.) 

I also had a repeated encourter with a guy/contractor in a business environment who hailed from CA, who constantly took his shirt off.  indoors.  I wasn't the only one telling him to put. it. back. on. 

I ran for twenty years in Atlanta, GA, and this city is just weird like that. People would try to high five ne from their car, lots of um, verbal encouragement, honks, etc...I don't think it's the lack of shirt, lots and lots of shirtless guys out running in that area, nobody thinks twice about it, and a lot of the women are in sports bras and running shorts.

Running cultures can be VERY different in different locations. I traveled to Huntsville, AL, to run a half marathon with a friend, and people were apparently scandalized because I ran the race in a running bra and knee length running tights. It was a warm day...I ran the Peachtree road race in a teeny tiny running bra and tiny shorts (I was in my 20´s, brutally hot day), and no one even blinked.

He's apparently just an appealing guy out for a run. The videoing is very strange, though...

The Peachtree does attract some interesting costumes. I take my camera with me! (Walking slowly = pictures in focus, yeah, that's my excuse...) My favorite has been the two guys dressed like Pooh and Eeyore (furry, heavy costumes!), carrying the full cooler of Natty Light and drinking it as they run. They were actually RUNNING and inspired my DH to a personal best. He was determined that drunk Eeyore was not going to beat him.  :lol:

Shirtless running wouldn't garner attention in my area of Atlanta unless you were doing something crazy along with it. It seems hotter to me though (not that I've tried it). The wicking shirts do a much better job of keeping you cool than bare skin. I also would opt for SPF fabric over scrubbing off sunscreen. :)