Menu

Favorite food or homemade gifts you've recieved

mom31257

Homemade vanilla!

Homemade fudge suace or caramel sauce.

Locally made cheese. 

Not homemade, but delicious. - pears from Harry and David are my absolute favorite! My mom gets them for us each year. 

We do get many homemade baked goods each year - teacher presents from church or gifts from nieghbors and we enjoy them all! Gingerbread is a favorite here as are quick/nut breads. 

I have a friend that gives us some fruitcake every year.  It is a "special" family recipe.  I get two loaves and I have to hide it from the children.  I ask every year for the recipe-- nope.  Every one who has tried this cake loves it. The closest I have found is something like this, but with brandy 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Texas-Pecan-Candy-Cake/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=texas%20fruit%20cake&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

A few years ago, I friend made these great book marks. It's basically a strip of cardstock folded in half with magnets attached so that when you put it mark your place in the book with it, the magnets keep the bookmark from falling out. She's quite the artist and painted the bookmarks so they're quite lovely. But, this is my FAVORITE bookmark and I haven't lost it yet. It's a simple craft that kids could do, too.