Menu

Downton Abbey - ep. 7

JFSinIL

Spoilers! Highlight (in white)

Oh, I'm so glad she's keeping the baby. I thought they might turn it into an episode about abortion and I'm glad they didn't. 

You go, Older Housekeeper Lady! I hope someone gets Anna's rapist. 

I wish Daisy would find a nice young man.

Looks like Lady Mary has more suitors than she really needs at the moment.

Mary seems to be a man magnet.  Seems every new man introduced to the show ends up having some sort of attraction to her.  Wonder which one she will fall in love with next?

Rose, Rose, Rose...can they just write her off?  The story line there is um...uninteresting.

I like Aunt Rosamund.  She is always a voice of reason.

Mary seems to be a man magnet.  Seems every new man introduced to the show ends up having some sort of attraction to her.  Wonder which one she will fall in love with next?

I thought she had good chemistry with Lord Gillingham. It's too bad he wasn't willing to wait for her; I hope he's soon in need of a new valet in any case.

He told her he was willing to wait for years for her, but she refused him.

He put a lot of pressure on her to make an immediate decision about their future prospects or else he was going to continue with his plan to get engaged to Mabel. Mary wasn't ready to even think about the possibility of moving on. Yes, she refused him, but he asked the question much too soon.

He put a lot of pressure on her to make an immediate decision about their future prospects or else he was going to continue with his plan to get engaged to Mabel. Mary wasn't ready to even think about the possibility of moving on. Yes, she refused him, but he asked the question much too soon.

Yes, and I'm wondering if showing up again means that he realizes he asked too soon. He seems a nice enough guy, as long as he gets a new valet. 

He did, and I don't get that. He was willing to wait, he said, even two or three years, as long as he knew that in the end she would marry him. Well if she was sure, she could have said yes and agreed to a short engagement. The waiting part was because she wasn't ready. But...if he loved her, why did he give up on her? Why didn't he take the chance? It didn't appear that he really cared for Mabel what's-her-name. Guess it all adds to the drama.

I'm wondering if maybe Edith is really the daughter of Rosamund and not Cora. There was that one shot were the two were across from each other in profile, and they looked so much alike.

Now there's an interesting plot idea!

Then... Mary would be someone else's daughter too.  She has brown eyes, but Lord & Lady Grantham have blue eyes.

I'm wondering if maybe Edith is really the daughter of Rosamund and not Cora. There was that one shot were the two were across from each other in profile, and they looked so much alike.

Now there's an interesting plot idea!

Then... Mary would be someone else's daughter too.  She has brown eyes, but Lord & Lady Grantham have blue eyes.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I don't think they pay that much attention to  genetics and how much they look alike when they're casting the actors. :tongue_smilie:

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I don't think they pay that much attention to  genetics and how much they look alike when they're casting the actors. :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, I know.  But it's fun to contemplate.  If I were ambitious and had the time, I'd write some fan fiction episodes. :D

I think she really likes him, but couldn't promise that she would ever be in love with him. I think he hopes to have Mabel's money and Mary on the side at some point. Or maybe he'd be willing to ditch Mabel at the alter if it comes to it. Idk. But I think unless he shoots his poc valet, Mary won't have him once that comes to light.

I think she really likes him, but couldn't promise that she would ever be in love with him. I think he hopes to have Mabel's money and Mary on the side at some point. Or maybe he'd be willing to ditch Mabel at the alter if it comes to it. Idk. But I think unless he shoots his poc valet, Mary won't have him once that comes to light.

Aha! So maybe someone's going to dispatch Green, but it won't be Mr Bates!

I wonder about Mabel. Next episode Mary and Gillingham better come to some resolution. I don't want another husband for Mary that she had to wait for until the first wife died off.

So, WHAT on EARTH has happened to Gregson? I can't believe there hasn't been even the slightest hint about it. Is it some sort of twisted method to hasten his German citizenship that he couldn't tell Edith about so that she could honestly deny knowledge? Did something bad actually happen to him, and so poor Edith is left in the lurch without a man yet again? I'm really at a loss at guessing where that story line is going.

And I'm bored with the Daisy/Ivy rivalry, because it's the same every episode: guy makes flirtations remark to Ivy, Ivy makes one back, Daisy makes biting remark to Ivy. I hope that story line is wrapped up this season and not dragged into Season 5.

And I'm bored with the Daisy/Ivy rivalry, because it's the same every episode: guy makes flirtations remark to Ivy, Ivy makes one back, Daisy makes biting remark to Ivy. I hope that story line is wrapped up this season and not dragged into Season 5.

I thought Al was going to surprise us all by setting Ivy in her place and then telling Daisy he realized she was the best for him all along. I was frustrated to see this plot line is going to be stretched really thin.

As others have said, I can't believe the season is almost over. Seems like few things of consequence have happened aside from Anna's ordeal, which was unnecessary and not nearly as satisfying as any number of other plot lines would have been.