Menu

Your favourite hobby

love_reading

Knitting, embroidery, sewing (clothing, toys, and quilts), digital scrap booking, playing instruments, and reading.

I manage to do at least a bit of one or 2 of these each day. I read every day and I knit on Tuesdays when I take DD to violin. Embroidery I do when DH and I watch a movie or show together, and sewing I get to once in a while at nap time. I rarely get to scrap book or play instruments as much as I would like.

I think of reading as a way of life, not as a hobby. 

Being totally organized is a goal of mine, and it is a chore.  I think the key missing component is self-discipline and I am working on that.  Keeping a clean house ... well, lets just say guests can come in any time, as long as they stay out of the basement ... the things that are unseen are on my list too, though.  Cleaning house is a big chore and I don't get a reward ... in terms of it staying clean.  If I had the money, I'd have a maid ... if I could find one that would clean to my expectations, which are very high.

I'd say, overall, my dog is my hobby.

Other hobbies include baking, birds, photography, crewel embroidery, needlepoint, learning to knit, sewing, and learning calculus and physics.  I don't have much time for those things, but as soon as the house is totally spotless and I'm totally organized, I'll have more time.  On the wish list is gardening and thank goodness I have a respite from that wish because of winter.

Does sitting around on my bum watching TV and surfing the web count as a hobby?  If so, I'm sooo good at it.  :D  

I like to craft, but don't have the time to do much. I write fan fiction, but haven't done that in a while either. I really need to!  I've got so many ideas in my head.  

I guess my favorite hobby would have to be reading, but like pp's, I don't really consider that a real hobby.  It just part of my life.  I simply MUST read.

My animals are my primary "hobby" or, more accurately, my passion.  I love to read, but that is less a hobby and more something that I simply do.  Just like I wouldn't count watching tv as a hobby, I personally wouldn't count reading either.  When it comes to my animals, I happily spend the majority of my days caring for them, socializing them, researching best care practices etc.  

AMDG

OK, like so many others, reading, for me, is n.o.t a hobby.

Also, for me, canning/preserving is not a hobby. Around here it's a very popular hobby to get into that kind of thing but it's just the way I grew up. My mom, my grandmother, all my aunts on both sides . . . Putting up food is just how a family gets fed. What IS getting to be a hobby for me is putting up things my people never did. Things just for fun: I just adore giving and swapping interesting things. Hobby that.

My people also did hand crafts BUT my own mother NEVER taught me to do any of it. She always shooed me out from under foot. So, my daughter and I take sewing lesson and we are self-taught in some handcrafts but not to the degree of usefullness. I would really like to achieve that level of skill and devotion.

East coast swing is a hobby I love. My daughter and I go alnmost every week and have a great time.