Menu

What are your Christmas gift ideas for your 13-16 year old girls?

HappyGrace

AMDG

1. A pair of shoes she has been wanting for swing dance and a mom-made certificate to start staying later (new curfew).

2. No time to provide a link but it is an etched stainless pad with lots of different designs. The girl paints the design with polish and uses a tool to transfer design to her nails. Also some OSU nail polish and nail stickers and suff.

3. Undecided b/t a perm (sigh) or a debit card with a certain amt. I gave her one last year and she loved it but . . . I dont want to give the same thing 2 yrs in a row.

Dd16 is getting books, art supplies and, um, yeah. That's about it.

Dd14 is easy! She has about a zillion fandoms, so she would like some stuff relating to those fandoms from ThinkGeek. She also kindly forwarded me a list of small handmade stocking fillers "she'd quite like".

I just ordered a Supernatural shirt  for my dd, but from Cafe Press.  I got each of the kids shirts this year.

I'm also getting my dd some makeup, a violin stand, clothes, and some books. 

my dd14 is weird, the only thing she really wants this year is a maplea doll (like american girl but Canadian).  I am not so sure I want to spend $100 on a doll for a teenager, then again if I am going to spend $100 on a doll at least I trust the teenager to take care of it. 

My 14 dd wants an American Girl doll or AG clothes, a diablo, and a camera or smart phone. (She has an AG blog and juggles.) As we do a limited Christmas she will get one of those, most likely AG clothes, a logo t-shirt from a favorite store, a book, and a couple inexpensive stocking stuffers.

My 14 dd wants an American Girl doll or AG clothes, a diablo, and a camera or smart phone. (She has an AG blog and juggles.) As we do a limited Christmas she will get one of those, most likely AG clothes, a logo t-shirt from a favorite store, a book, and a couple inexpensive stocking stuffers.

My 13 yo is getting cowboy boots, among other things.  That is what she has requested. 

My 16 yo just got riding boots for her birthday.  Not for riding, of course; for looking cute.  I didn't want to get those for Christmas because she really needed to try on and pick them out herself, and I am willing to forego the surprise element for a birthday but not for Christmas.  My 13 yo's and my feet are exactly the same size, so I can pick out her cowboy boots without her being with me.

Two years ago, my dad gave them both North Face jackets, and they still wear those daily once it gets cold here.

One of my 13 yo's nicknames is "Muffin," and she is getting a t-shirt that says, "A muffin is just an ugly cupcake," which is what we tell her when she is being sassy.

That's all I've got so far. 

my daughter is also a little different...her big gift desire is a lego set and then a bunch of little craft things.  She also likes those logic games from Think Fun.  I don't know what else is on her llist.  But she just turned 13 and for her birthday she wanted the nail plates and tools that were described above.  She also wanted her own scented wax burner and scented wax.    A bathrobe is on her list, I just remembered.  Fuzzy crocs or boots have been on her list lately too.

My 13 yo wants gift cards---iTunes, Plato's Closet, Target, Forever 21, etc would all make her happy. Other things I think she'd like--jewelry, the new book in the Divergent series, many things from ThinkGeek (mostly Dr Who related).

She doesn't know we've bought tickets to the Dr Who 50th anniversary show at the theater on Nov. 25 as part of her present.

oh my.

I can think of more gifts for my 15-16 yo than anyone else.

I buy her music for the piano (my sil is buying her a Vince Guiraldi peanuts book and a LOTR music book.), I'm getting her a tiara. :)  Clothes. Games Movies Books Calligraphy stuff Sewing Stuff.

She loves funny T shirts.  I found some goodies at LOL shirts. Also she loves princess bride shirts too.

I've searched on etsy for interesting things that relate to her interests. Dragons, fantasy stories, etc.

dd14 has asked for Lego, her favorite perfume, a few books, clothes, Snorg tshirt, jewelry, 3D puzzles like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Puzzle-Deluxe-Pirate-Clear/dp/B007ZFPLJS/ref=pd_sim_t_3, a strategy game (still undecided on which one, would welcome suggestions)

dd 17 (close enough to 16) has asked for Dr. Who socks, Dalek (http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Desktop-Patrol-Dalek/dp/B003ZRPN70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383071111&sr=8-1&keywords=dalek),  jewely making supplies, cake decorating book, "bling" jeans, Pioneer Woman cookbook, and itunes gift card

I found really nice quality carry on size rolling suitcases for the kids last year on Amazon. They each got one in a different color. Great size for weekend travel, spending the night somewhere, etc. One child actually did get to use it on an airplane.

A year before each kid got a nice quality sleeping bag.

We are trying to think of things that have long lasting value as their larger gifts.