Menu

Ran my first 5k this morning!!! :D

PeacefulChaos

:party:

At mile 1, I thought... wow.  I was sort of in disbelief lol - I couldn't run a mile the way I did today even when I HAD to in school!  :lol:  :D

At mile 2, I got a stitch in my side, so I walked off and on for mile 3.  Mostly running, though.  :)

Finished it in 37:09.  About an 11:57 pace, which is pretty good for my first (IMO - I don't know whether it would be considered such by pros, but I'm not really concerned about that.  ;) )

Anyway, just wanted to share my happiness!!!  

Another 5k next Saturday!  :D

Great job!

My 9 year old and I are both on about Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program. We’re training for a Turkey Trot our church holds each year. I’ve always wanted to do it but just haven’t. Then this year he said he wanted to so I decided we could encourage each other. However, on the first day out together it became clear that he’s way faster and stronger than me :) so we’re now training separately but it helps having someone else to be accountable to. I’m a really slow “runner†but I just plug away at it. My 6 year old pointed out one day when we all went out together that he was walking as fast as I was running. I told him he was banned from future outings. :)