Menu

Virtual Happy Hour anyone?

scrapbookbuzz

It's Friday! And while I still have to get up before oh-dark-thirty mañana and have errands and homework 

I am still popping open a Mike's tonight to unwind a bit and hopefully stave off any headaches those stupid

cysts want to cause.

We'll also be serving 5 cheese, thin crust pizza in a few minutes.

Anyone care to join us?   :coolgleamA:

Here, here!

I've been fighting off a p*ssy headache all afternoon and my 5 year old has been sitting here with a smart phone aimed in my direction for the last half hour, testing his hand at using the camera feature. The next time I look at my phone I'm going to find a hundred pictures of myself sitting here with a grimace plastered to my face staring at this computer screen.

I'm totes ordering out for supper. Bleh. Wonder if the Italian joint down the street would deliver a cocktail with my deep dish pie??  :cheers2:

Oh I wish I could have a nice stiff drink right now - darn these meds that make it where I can't! I'll take a virtual buttery n*pple though, alternated with shots of straight goldschlager.

I'm PMSing & hurting all over, and super tired but can't sleep. Making quick-fix stuff YET again for dinner - I'm in no condition to stand up long enough to cook a regular meal.

Okay, speaking of margaritas and beer, do you want to know what's pretty gross? Bud Light Lime Margarita-in-a-can. Blech!

I haven't had that but I don't like any of the beers with the lime in them. They all have a yucky artificial taste. A squirt of real lime is good.

I really prefer a good pale ale but for sugar/carb reasons, I drink michelob ultra.

Right there with you...enjoying my Bota box Malbec :)

Oooh, you splurged out, girl! I am totally drinking the Canyon Creek Corbett Canyon $11.99/box from Kroger. I much prefer the Bota box but I'm just too cheap to keep it here on the regular. Because I will drink it and then I'm, like, OMG, where am I getting my next curriculum fix from the budget?

ETA: Maybe I should drink a glass of water before I post?

Sounds good.... but I need a virgin-whatever/anything since I'm pg. Heck, I'll just take some chocolate that I don't have to share with anyone. My life just got a little more interesting today as far as life-changing decisions. It add to the book that I could already write about it. I need a serious de-stressor.  

I'll join.  I sat and had a glass of wine while shopping online at Eddie Bauer.  I bought 1 pair of jeans, a sweater and a shirt.  It feels like I'm getting a new wardrobe. I didn't really need the shirt, I have 2 still in good shape, and some old ones that are passable, so the shirt was a huge splurge.  Now I'm feeling a bit guilty.  Maybe more wine will help. :D 

Shopping and wine all from the comfort of my couch; a nice Friday night. 

My dh is out with the guys and I had an extra kid for dinner, so YES... I am *in*. We finished our gin this week or I'd make a gin and tonic. I guess I'll settle for white wine. It's not my favorite but it's all we have besides beer and port (dh's favs, not mine). I was going to do some work tonight but forget it. Who am I kidding?

Bota Box!!! My peeps! We have a lovely reisling in the fridge this week :lol:

Dh came home at 8pm from a very long day at work (he's a CFP) and promptly pulled out limes and the blender. We've been enjoying margaritas with our dinner of (Pioneer Woman) BBQ meatballs from the freezer, wholewheat noodles, and organic wax beans. I have a wonderful "trashy" book to enjoy in a few, a nice change from physics. Dh appreciates my weekend reading material :D

Check out our margarita glasses! http://www.amazon.com/Libbey-Colors-Margarita-Glass-4-Piece/dp/B002KN2ZFI/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1378519148&sr=1-1&keywords=libby+margarita+glasses

Bota Box!!! My peeps! We have a lovely reisling in the fridge this week :lol:

Dh came home at 8pm from a very long day at work (he's a CFP) and promptly pulled out limes and the blender. We've been enjoying margaritas with our dinner of (Pioneer Woman) BBQ meatballs from the freezer, wholewheat noodles, and organic wax beans. I have a wonderful "trashy" book to enjoy in a few, a nice change from physics. Dh appreciates my weekend reading material :D

Check out our margarita glasses! http://www.amazon.com/Libbey-Colors-Margarita-Glass-4-Piece/dp/B002KN2ZFI/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1378519148&sr=1-1&keywords=libby+margarita+glasses

Those are really cute!

Shopping for a baby? Where can I get one?

I have never ever liked any posts before this thread, I (haha) like it! Wouldn't it be fun to shop for a baby and then return it once you realized it just didn't work for you?

(Says the woman with four kids. All are loved forever, not all are liked every day.)

I may need to allow myself another Mike's as a certain someone in my household (who shall remain nameless) is proving him/herself to be quite clueless. *sigh*

who brought the chips and dip?

I have some homemade guacamole and salsa, does that count?

Meanwhile, I have been trying for two freaking hours to get a pic up there by my name and I cannot figure it out! I have multiple pictures but I hatehatehatehatehate iphoto and the requirement here for a certain size. What am I missing?

Oooh, you splurged out, girl! I am totally drinking the Canyon Creek Corbett Canyon $11.99/box from Kroger. I much prefer the Bota box but I'm just too cheap to keep it here on the regular. Because I will drink it and then I'm, like, OMG, where am I getting my next curriculum fix from the budget?

ETA: Maybe I should drink a glass of water before I post?

I feel so bourgeois lol!

I'm in. I currently have a glass of lovely cider. As I decided to be all fancypants and pour it into a glass, I  can't remember the name. But it has a furry creature on the label. Gopher? Woodchuck? Marmot?

No matter. It tastes good. Kind of like the wine coolers of my youth.

I'm in. I currently have a glass of lovely cider. As I decided to be all fancypants and pour it into a glass, I  can't remember the name. But it has a furry creature on the label. Gopher? Woodchuck? Marmot?

No matter. It tastes good. Kind of like the wine coolers of my youth.

I have a son with Celiac Disease and I am so happy that cider & gf beers are becoming more common-place. Not that I want him to start drinking those, let's give him a few years and then he can be a real teen drinker. :) But they are sometimes yummy, especially the ciders!

I'm having kombucha - you know that "mushroom tea".  It has some alcohol in it!  I got some really good stuff at the grocery store that has raspberry and pomegranate juice in it so that it actually tastes good.  I have the house all to myself for 2 1/2 hours tonight.  Woo hoo!  

I'm sorry, I really WANT to "like" this, but I can't. Unless you put some gin in it.  :tongue_smilie: