Menu

Anniversary of the great cupcake kerfuffle?

Mom in High Heels

I've only read a few pages of the original thread and I just have to ask - did the OP ever come back and if so, what did she say?

The OP never came back and posted on the thread.  Someone could probably find out if she ever returned to the forum by clicking on her name in the OP.  I suspect not.  We were hoping we didn't scare her away.

The OP never came back and posted on the thread.  Someone could probably find out if she ever returned to the forum by clicking on her name in the OP.  I suspect not.  We were hoping we didn't scare her away.

Thanks, I'll do that.

It's a shame she never came back to thread. I wonder if she is still upset with her sil?

I am wondering what the OP of that thread, who has a low post count and apparently hasn't been here for a while, thought about the whole thing. There are so many references to cupcakes in people's signatures and in threads having nothing to do with food or baking. She never dreamed she would have such an influence here.

I'm pretty sure I posted in that thread, but I can't find my post.  It's taken me so long to come post in this one because I wanted to find proof of my "pro-cupcake allegiance" over in the other thread.  ;) 

Even if I didn't post in the original, I read most of it and was highly entertained.  My birthday is this week, so I will be sure to enjoy a cupcake (along with the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte my mom is making for me  :drool5: ) in honor of the anniversary.

Viva cupcakes!   :hurray:

I'm pretty sure I posted in that thread, but I can't find my post.  It's taken me so long to come post in this one because I wanted to find proof of my "pro-cupcake allegiance" over in the other thread.  ;) 

Even if I didn't post in the original, I read most of it and was highly entertained.  My birthday is this week, so I will be sure to enjoy a cupcake (along with the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte my mom is making for me  :drool5: ) in honor of the anniversary.

Viva cupcakes!   :hurray:

You don't need to prove your cupcake alliance.  We know who's faking it.  

Yes, you are clearly the winner and have brilliant children! Cupcakes all around!

Thank you for noticing. Even as feti, (fetuses for those who aren't in the know), they were of above average intelligence. I craved cupcakes during all three pregnancies!

Well then, I will resolve to try harder next time. Bring on the next crazy thread! :- )

I predict it will involve FB, back-to-school quotes, and some random normal thing that no human could possibly fathom being a cause of knicker twisting.

That's a challenge. I don't have the foggiest idea though. I'll have to leave the creativity up to others. :)

It is, isn't it?!

Crockpots, wearing shoes indoors, kids meals from fast food joints, modesty, (in any form), makeup, bathing suits, cupcakes, Tim Tebow, submissive wives, Halloween, Merry Christmas, Ken Hamm, HFCS, and getting pastoral permission to rent your car out have all been taken.

(Help me, I know I missed a few!)

It is, isn't it?!

Crockpots, wearing shoes indoors, kids meals from fast food joints, modesty, (in any form), makeup, bathing suits, cupcakes, Tim Tebow, submissive wives, Halloween, Merry Christmas, Ken Hamm, HFCS, and getting pastoral permission to rent your car out have all been taken.

Shopping carts.  Do you put them back in the corral?  :willy_nilly:

Typo!!! That's right, throw your cupcakes at me now! They're mine!!

Shut up! I hate it when random pintrest-esq crap is misspelled.

Am I the only one on the whole Internet that proof reads! (Says the preacher to the choir.)

Extra chocolate-y cupcakes for you!

So I'm apparently the only person who thought that was MORE than a year ago?  I guess cupcakes are so indelibly imprinted on my mind as part of the forum that I can't conceive that there was a pre-cupcake era (although I *DO* remember the pre-kilt era -- it was a very bleak era).

I think we should measure the history of the board not by the various platforms it has run on, but by the craziness. 

So I'm apparently the only person who thought that was MORE than a year ago?  I guess cupcakes are so indelibly imprinted on my mind as part of the forum that I can't conceive that there was a pre-cupcake era (although I *DO* remember the pre-kilt era -- it was a very bleak era).

I think we should measure the history of the board not by the various platforms it has run on, but by the craziness. 

So, should we now call that particular board time PCE (Pre-Cupcake Era)?   I was a board member PCE!  Sadness for those who were both PCE and PKE (Pre Kitl Era).  Bleak, indeed!

It is, isn't it?!

You forgot salads.

So, should we now call that particular board time PCE (Pre-Cupcake Era)?   I was a board member PCE!  Sadness for those who were both PCE and PKE (Pre Kitl Era).  Bleak, indeed!

There should be two support groups formed: One for those traumatized by cupcakes during their school years, and the other for those traumatized by the cupcake thread.

:hurray:

There should be two support groups formed: One for those traumatized by cupcakes during their school years, and the other for those traumatized by the cupcake thread.

:hurray:

Don't forget the third support group:  those who had to assimilate into the Hive without the benefit of the Cupcake thread.