Menu

Women who predominately (or always) wear dresses (cc)

Luanne

If you gals haven't tried spanx yet then I highly recommend it.  I feel like I'm wearing grandmother underpants with them on but they slim me down perfectly in a dress (I'm 20 pounds overweight and short), are slick so I don't need a slip, and prevent thigh chaffing.

414YgMbpAyL._SX342_.jpg

I love how they have a size two model showing these off.  Yeah.  If I was that skinny I wouldn't need Spanx because my thighs wouldn't touch.

Meh - I'm a size 4, but three children later, my *ahem* skin isn't where it used to be - so I'm totally getting a spanx, lol.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when homeschooling was mostly a new thing (80's), it seems like all the moms wore denim jumpers. There was a joke that homeschooled children didn't wear the uniforms - their moms did.

Personally, I don't own a dress anymore. I'm supposed to go to a wedding in October and will have to buy one but I look awful in them. I'm short and dumpy; dresses don't look great and skirts are absolutely frightful on me. But I admire those who follow convictions even if I don't agree - especially when they don't judge others' hearts who do things differently. So, happy dress wearing. Judging from the selection I find when shopping for dfd, I hope you can sew because you won't find anything modest at the store.

Winged, try Dress Barn. They have a nice selection of slimming dresses that are not hoochie. My fav style has a side-gasther that I swear takes off twenty pounds. Get your dress hemmed to barely above the knee for the most proportionattre/flattering length for shorter women, if knees showing is ok w/you. (Recommended by a stylist friend.)

Back when homeschooling was mostly a new thing (80's), it seems like all the moms wore denim jumpers. There was a joke that homeschooled children didn't wear the uniforms - their moms did.

Personally, I don't own a dress anymore. I'm supposed to go to a wedding in October and will have to buy one but I look awful in them. I'm short and dumpy; dresses don't look great and skirts are absolutely frightful on me. But I admire those who follow convictions even if I don't agree - especially when they don't judge others' hearts who do things differently. So, happy dress wearing. Judging from the selection I find when shopping for dfd, I hope you can sew because you won't find anything modest at the store.

I find that with a lot of dresses it just takes a bit of accessorizing to make a dress modest.  I'm very busty so dresses that look like nice V-neck's on my friends look scandalous on me so I wear a camisole underneath and I'm covered.  (Unless you consider the exposed elbow and collarbone to be particularly alluring.)  The plus side is that a camisole or sweater or scarf generally makes you look a little more put together.  Also I'm short so I never have problems with dresses being too short on me.  :)

I find this company to have beautiful yet modest dresses.  Sometimes modest dresses look too "Little House on the Prairie" for me but these are awesome.

http://www.shabbyapple.com/

I wear a size 2, but you'll pry my spanx out of cold, dead hands. There is a fair bit of...ahem...sagging that is going on, and with the spanx, my body looks 20 years younger! They need face spanx.

This thread has inspired me to buy some dresses- I love dresses! (with spanx!)

• 2 weeks later...

I had to share a new product I found!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Womens-Hosiery-Skimmies-Slipshort/dp/B00827ROPW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

They're slightly heavier than panty hose, but not really supportive (not like spanx or any of those). They're SUPER compfortable and soft. No rub, no waistband rolling... I got my first pair at a Jockey outlet, but then ordered some off of amazon. Highly recommended!!!