Menu

Why on earth is my enter key NOT working when posting??? It works for Microsoft word, Outlook, G.Mail, Notepad???

FaithManor

That's strange that it would suddenly start doing that. It can't just be a problem with the browser, or it would do it everywhere else, too. :confused1:

Anyway, Chrome seems to work fine.

It is just a problem with the browser. firefox is fine. I only have a problem using the enter key on wtm in IE, but no where else. perhaps it's the style of boards they have. It started after an IE update.

It is just a problem with the browser. firefox is fine. I only have a problem using the enter key on wtm in IE, but no where else. perhaps it's the style of boards they have. It started after an IE update.

Ah, that explains it. I thought maybe the WTM tech support was fiddling again. :p

How do I download Firefox? I'm totally technology ignorant. I wanted to post a pic or two of dd's wedding, but the jpgs are bigger than the allowed 500K and I don't know how to resize them either.

For Firefox download, click on Firefox in below link.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/

To resize a photo, the instructions are below the video on the below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/resize-a-picture-using-paint

I was the one who had this problem last week. Some very helpful boardie told me to click the upper left hand icon after I hit reply. If you hover over it, it says Toggle Editing Mode.

That took care of it!

I think I'm going to try downloading Firefox, though, b/c after all these years of being a confirmed Internet Explorer person, I really HATE the new update. Nothing really terrible (now that my forum problem is fixed), but a ton of little annoyances.

Anne

enter

enter

enter

enter

enter

:willy_nilly:

Because I can, thanks to the previous poster who mentioned Toggle Editing Mode.

I thought it was just me!

I've been writing mails in word and pasting them to get around this.

Enter

enter

enter

with you!!

I was the one who had this problem last week. Some very helpful boardie told me to click the upper left hand icon after I hit reply. If you hover over it, it says Toggle Editing Mode.

That took care of it!

I think I'm going to try downloading Firefox, though, b/c after all these years of being a confirmed Internet Explorer person, I really HATE the new update. Nothing really terrible (now that my forum problem is fixed), but a ton of little annoyances.

Anne

Trying this. Okay, what upper left hand icon? I'm not seeing anything. I tried Firefox and it was very sloooow on my computer.

It does that for me as well. plus randomly has minuscule size of words, plus sometimes has a line through the words. It is only this forum. My computer works fine for everything else. Sometimes I write things out in word. other times I just keep my response to a paragraph. I am not going over to firefox. I don't like firefox as it doesn't have a spell check option. I am dyslexic and need spellcheck