Menu

looking for an awesome love story...

sweetsouthern

Neither of these are completely love stories but they do have romance and a good story line.

Tribute by Nora Roberts

Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Cruise and Bob Mayer

I also really loved the Inn at Boonesboro trilogy by Nora Roberts and I am not normally a fan of Nora Roberts.

I second Outlander (by Diana Gabaldon) if you're looking for a really good love story and want a lengthy read. It's got way more than just the romance going for it.

For short reads, I enjoy Harlequin's Love Inspired series. They're usually short, sweet, non-smutty, sometimes-religious reads.

An oldie, but one of my all time favorites....Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss....good writing, lots of action...One of the few books I never wanted to end. Sea Swept by Nora Roberts...lots of language but an interesting love story.

A little dark and old but I love "Rebecca" by Daphne deMauer (pretty sure I didn't spell that right). There is also a sequel but I don't remember the name of that.

I love Rebecca! It is Daphne du Maurier. The story is a little depressing. I didn't care for the sequel, personally.

Popping back in to add The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons....though I'm just reading it now :) . It has been recommended to me several times and I've heard nothing but raves about it. I just started, but so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Mrs. Mike is a little known book, but it's my favorite. I've read it too many times to count...

When I was a kid my mom belonged to a book of the month club. This is one of the books that she received/bought and I grabbed it and read it and LOVED it.

When I was a kid my mom belonged to a book of the month club. This is one of the books that she received/bought and I grabbed it and read it and LOVED it.

It's quite a gem, for no particular reason at all. Everyone I've recommend it to has loved it as well. My aunt practically put her life on hold for a few days to finish it :-)

The Time Travelers Wife is good if you aren't wanting a classic.

Loved this book. The last scene...how many years went by, where her routine was the same, every day? My book club disliked the novel; it was the beginning of the end for me with those ladies. I finally quit when no one read "The Remains of the Day," claiming it was too boring.

The Outlander series is a nice read. Many thick books with engaging story lines. I've read them multiple times.

Remembrance by Jude Deveraux This one does deal with time travel, but not in the way you expect. It's about a husband and wife in the Edwardian era who are having problems. The wife is told that they have been together in many past lives and to find the source of the problem, she has to go back to the beginning. She's hypnotized and goes back to where they first met in the middle ages to discover what went wrong. It's so good!

You and No Other by Cathy Maxwell. This is a pure romance novel, but it is my FAVORITE romance ever. The story MOVED me to tears. No sex scene that I recall. Sort of a time travel book too, but not really. That's helpful, isn't it? ;)

Oh, and FTR, I hated the Outlander series with the heat of a thousand suns.

Remembrance by Jude Deveraux This one does deal with time travel, but not in the way you expect. It's about a husband and wife in the Edwardian era who are having problems. The wife is told that they have been together in many past lives and to find the source of the problem, she has to go back to the beginning. She's hypnotized and goes back to where they first met in the middle ages to discover what went wrong. It's so good!

You and No Other by Cathy Maxwell. This is a pure romance novel, but it is my FAVORITE romance ever. The story MOVED me to tears. No sex scene that I recall. Sort of a time travel book too, but not really. That's helpful, isn't it? ;)

Oh, and FTR, I hated the Outlander series with the heat of a thousand suns.

I know there are people who hate both Outlander and GWTW but others love them so I suggested them.

This is a very sweet series with a Christian bent so it may not be your cuppa, but I loved the Mitford series by Jan Karon. It is funny, sweet, atypical and feel good down to your toes. My grandma loaned it to me, and I read the entire series and wished for more. It transported me to a "Mayberry" type place which doesn't exist in my own life. The love story is not typical, as it not between young people, and the male protagonist is a pastor, but boy, was it great. Sigh...must reread this...need feel good in my life.

This is a very sweet series with a Christian bent so it may not be your cuppa, but I loved the Mitford series by Jan Karon. It is funny, sweet, atypical and feel good down to your toes. My grandma loaned it to me, and I read the entire series and wished for more. It transported me to a "Mayberry" type place which doesn't exist in my own life. The love story is not typical, as it not between young people, and the male protagonist is a pastor, but boy, was it great. Sigh...must reread this...need feel good in my life.

I got a box-set, with the first 3 books, off Paperback Swap years ago. I should really give them a try someday!

I love the Mitford books. They are FABULOUS!

BTW, there is a sequel series now.