Menu

Atelier @ Homeschool Buyer'sCo-op

skirch

I just placed my order. I did a conditional order, but not for the full 40%. That would be great, but I do still want it even if it doesn't get that low...I keep trying to do art on my own, and it NEVER gets done. I hope that with the DVDs, it will be easier. Sometimes I just have to suck it up and shell out the bucks. Otherwise, things don't get done. :( I can't wait to get this!

I'm tempted, strongly tempted....but we have MTM and it rarely gets done. If we can't find the time for MTM, will we find the time for Atelier?

I'm really not the artsy type and art never got done until we started Atelier. It takes very little prep as you just play the DVD and put materials on the table (all the materials are kept simple & are easy/cheap to find). You can pretty much just leave the kiddos to it as the lessons are very well explained step by step. My kids have loved it this year :)

I was going to order Atelier through their website, but decided to check HSBC to see if the program ever appeared there. So glad I did! I did a conditional order (25%) and I hope it gets there soon so I can stop checking to see the progress. Anyone else obsess over the "current quantity ordered"?

How do I figure out what level to get? DD will be 7 in June, so there's a few to choose from. I poked around their site briefly, but didn't see anything that outlined what the exact differences are. Can anyone tell me why I might choose Level 3 instead of Level2? Are the materials be reused with other children?

How do I figure out what level to get? DD will be 7 in June, so there's a few to choose from. I poked around their site briefly, but didn't see anything that outlined what the exact differences are. Can anyone tell me why I might choose Level 3 instead of Level2? Are the materials be reused with other children?

Have you looked at this chart http://www.homeschoolart.com/choose-the-right-curriculum ? If she's never done an art curriculum then I'd start at Level 2 & if she has then start at Level 3. They basically go deeper in techniques/details as they move up a level.

The curriculum you receive (DVDs and Parent Manual) are non-consumable so yes you can use the program with other children.

HTH!

I did look at the chart, but they the information given is minimal. I was hoping for something a bit more detailed. She takes a one a month homeschool art class at one of the area's art museums, but that's it. I'll probably start w/Level 2 to be safe.

I forget...does Atelier go on HSBC once or twice a year?

Once a year, in the spring.

I was going to order Atelier through their website, but decided to check HSBC to see if the program ever appeared there. So glad I did! I did a conditional order (25%) and I hope it gets there soon so I can stop checking to see the progress. Anyone else obsess over the "current quantity ordered"?

Yes, even though I know it will get there - usually the last week or so It really picks and people come out of the woodwork!

I did look at the chart, but they the information given is minimal. I was hoping for something a bit more detailed. She takes a one a month homeschool art class at one of the area's art museums, but that's it. I'll probably start w/Level 2 to be safe.

I'd go for 2 if I were you. I am using Level 1 with my children ages 8, 6 and 4. I wanted a level I could use for all 3 so I went low. My 8 year old is beyond the recommended age of 4-6, but so far it has not been an issue. The projects aren't hard for her, but they aren't too easy either.

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed my order. This will be our third year. This is the first time art has gotten done well in our home and consistently.

My kids absolutely love it and their art has gotten much better. I can really tell a difference from when we started. They still go back and do old projects or use a technique from one project to make something on their own. Glad it is back at HSBC.

It's now hit the 30% off mark :D I've loved using Level 2 with my kids this year. I'm not the artsy type and art wasn't getting done 'til we started with Atelier. The supplies are cheap and easy to set up - then pop the DVD in and the kids just follow along :) The instructions are clear, the teacher demonstrates everything and they show different examples of other students projects too. It also comes with a teacher's manual (it's very detailed!) which we like to use as a quick reminder of a project's instructions when the kids want to re-do an old project. Overall I highly recommend it :D

Do you order the supply kits from Atelier too- or can you get everything a lot cheaper through Michaels/ACMoore?

Thank you!

Have a look at what the kit contains - personally there wasn't much we didn't already have & I was able to find the items we were missing for cheap at Michaels.

I would, but internationally, even at the 40% off, it wouldn't be worth it to us.

If I decide to get it, I'll probably just order it from RR once my tax comes back later on in the year (I can't believe I'm thinking of re-purchasing it, lol).

I hope it gets to the discount for you guys though!