Menu

Does anyone else have a college kid coming home soon?! So excited!

GraciebytheBay

My ds22 is in graduate school in Edmonton, Alberta (we're in NY) and I haven't seen him in four months! I am so looking forward to him being home! When he is home, someone actually appreciates my cooking (he is a foodie), I get to play Bananagrams any time I want, my ds15 has his best bud here to help occupy him, I can have great conversations about pretty much anything, including composting and Victorian literature (two that come to mind), and...drumroll...there will be someone here who can sleep even later than my ds20! Boy, this kid can sleep. Last time he was home, he kept night owl hours and stayed in bed easily til noon. :sleep: I am just happy to have him home and don't mind a bit.

DS21 gets home in one week! We got to see him at Thanksgiving. He says he's exhausted - hardest semester yet, but is looking forward to finals because it's a lighter schedule, lol.

DD18 won't get home until the 23rd or maybe the 24th. I haven't even found a plane ticket for her yet :( Guess that's going to set me back a bit of $$$, but she's worth it! We haven't seen her since early August.

YES! My dd 18 is coming home on Friday. She was home for a way-too-brief visit for Thanksgiving. We leave on Saturday for vacation to Turks and I cannot wait to have the whole family together without outside distractions for a whole week. Then she will be at home until the end of January.

SO EXCITED!

Ds was home for Thanksgiving, but yes, he'll be home on the 20th. Finals start Sunday. He's a freshman, so this is his first semester. Anyone else trying to figure out which Christmas preparations to do ahead, and which to save for when college kid is home? I think we are putting up the tree ahead of time, but not going out to the Nutcracker until he's here. Decisions, decisions!

Tomorrow ! She's skyping me (since most of her friends are gone) and packing. She'll only be home 3 weeks. We thought it would be more but she's going back early for a concentrated foreign language class and she'll be in Turkey over spring break. I'm going to be selfish and schedule around her.

Oldest (junior in college) is spending Christmas with his fiancee and both of them will be coming for New Year's. Middle (freshman) is flying home on the 20th - one week from today!

I doubt we'll see either for spring break as they both have plans... So, I'll be enjoying the time we have.