Menu

If You Could...Where Would You Go?

A.Balaban

If you were going on a vacation with your husband, where would you go? For how long? Assuming that you had a modest budget ($2500 USD) and any child-care was taken care of.

Would you do one longer trip? A shorter "more lavish" trip? Several smaller weekend-type trips? Would you (gasp) bring the kids? (assuming you didn't have to, lol)

:bigear:

We took a fun little trip through the San Juan Islands, staying somewhere new every night, traveling by ferry, ending up in Edmonton & Victoria. It was off season, but we really enjoyed it.

Another time we drove south into Ensenada, Mexico. We found a quaint little place, and relaxed.

One time we rented a house boat in Seattle, and then just hung out in the city.

Another time, hubby suprised me with an anniversery trip to Vail. Again, off season, so things are cheaper. I thought I was spending one night in Anchorage, instead I got on a plane! I had given my mom one day of lesson plans. She was sure I was going to kill my husband, but other than being slightly shocking, and then having to deal with the slightly odd wardrobe he had packed me, it was great!

Of course $2500 would barely get us out of Alaska, the way tickets are now!

I'd like to go to northern New Jersey, where dh grew up, so ds can see it. Of course, it would be convenient to go to NYC as well. Short trips from NYC to Boston or Philadelphia might be fun. Did I just go over budget? :huh:

If it was to be just dh and me, I'd like to go to some pretty beach in southern California, then up to San Francisco. Or to Prince Edward Island. There are too many places I want to go!

We would do either/both a road trip or NYC. We do both all the time with the kids and we love having the kids along. But we never have any child care so we always have to limit ourselves to what is doable for our kids, one of whom uses a wheelchair.

We could follow every rabbit trail, stop at all the historical markers, eat wherever looked interesting, hit the museums . . .