Menu

Beast Academy 3D - is it coming out this month?

mathnerd

It is always hard to know when to expect the next in the series of BA books. I checked a while back and was told that the 3D was due in December. Any news?

And do they have a known schedule for the other grade books in the BA series? Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that Santa would bring the whole BA 3 series to my accelerated nephew. But he is going to get only the available ones now. I had not thought about checking on Facebook as I am hardly there - will do so in the future:)

On the Facebook page, the author said it'll be more like late January. I don't know what that means for 4A&B, which were originally supposed to be out in Spring.

I think that they're all going to be late. They were trying to do every four months, and each one has been late by a couple weeks. My guess is 4A will be out in early June. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though.

Wow. Beast Academy is in 3D.

(Snicker)

Tee hee

• 3 weeks later...

3D won't be sold until mid-February. grrrrrrrrrr Their Facebook page promises a great fractions chapter that will explain fractions as a number and not a pizza slice. Having read AoPS preA, I am excited about this, but now I regret having my kid learn fractions as a food analogy from SM. At the rate they are publishing new books there is no way of not supplementing math. Yet I would like the first introduction to concepts to come from Beast, which won't happen unless we stop doing math for long stretches of time. Even my younger boy finished up SM2B.Since he turned six couple of months ago, I think he isn't mature enough for BA. So now I have two boys I don't know what to do with. Anybody else frustrated?

I am. We are basically past this level of arithmetic now, so while I may check out the samples when 3D finally arrives, I don't know how useful it will be for my older. Fortunately, I can still use it for my younger since he is only in K, but yes, it is frustrating.

Are you planning on AoPS preA? I am thinking the transition is going to be very smooth if I stick with BA. When we did the perfect squares chapter and then I read the chapter in AoPS preA, it was a perfect transition. I can't see any kid who has done and understoon that chapter in BA not being able to handle the preA chapter eventually. Based on what they said about fractions, it looks like they will do the same (hopefully with all concepts). Now I am starting to think I am doing more harm by combining programs.I wish they would create additional challenging workbooks to drag out the wait. I might be the first person on this board to decelerate in math :(

Are you planning on AoPS preA? I am thinking the transition is going to be very smooth if I stick with BA. When we did the perfect squares chapter and then I read the chapter in AoPS preA, it was a perfect transition. I can't see any kid who has done and understoon that chapter in BA not being able to handle the preA chapter eventually. Based on what they said about fractions, it looks like they will do the same (hopefully with all concepts). Now I am starting to think I am doing more harm by combining programs.I wish they would create additional challenging workbooks to drag out the wait. I might be the first person on this board to decelerate in math :(

I think eventually we will try AoPs pre-A, but ds's intensity and frustration level are such that it would be a bad fit at this point. We are going to do several AIMS hands-on units and some Singapore, and take it from there. I feel like we are just sitting around waiting for maturity, but I don't know what else to do. I can't take too many more tantrums over math. :sad:

I was tired of Beast Academy and abandoned 3A in the spring, only to finish it up after a 5-6 mo delay! Despite thinking my kid knew multiplication, I concluded a THOROUGH review was in order. I have channeled my inner Sgt. Rote, but the exercises in 3B are doing the trick to firm up the flab! I am very pleased with 3B, whereas I posted several times that it seemed disappointing. Well, it's not. ha! I don't have 3C and didn't think I wanted it. I was wrong, it appears.

I was tired of Beast Academy and abandoned 3A in the spring, only to finish it up after a 5-6 mo delay! Despite thinking my kid knew multiplication, I concluded a THOROUGH review was in order. I have channeled my inner Sgt. Rote, but the exercises in 3B are doing the trick to firm up the flab! I am very pleased with 3B, whereas I posted several times that it seemed disappointing. Well, it's not. ha! I don't have 3C and didn't think I wanted it. I was wrong, it appears.

Ah, Stripe, it's so nice to have you on board....finally. Hmm, I can't link or even add emoticons on a tablet since the changeover. But you know what I mean.

Dd enjoyed the storyline so I saw book A as a fun supplement for her but I really just let her work though it on her own and considered it way too easy. We finished her latest mus book a few weeks ago and i decided to wait until January to start the new one so we recently started reviewing Beast Academy together. We are doing CWP and Beast Academy everyday right now. We are in the middle of book B now and I'm starting to see why everyone is so excited about the books. Dd knows how to multiply and divide very well but the challenging problems in each section are requiring her to think differently and I'm noticing her patience for having to think and try more than one approach improving. She also thoroughly enjoys doing the problems which is refreshing since despite her obvious natural abilities math is her least favorite subject.

I bought book C for dd for Christmas and plan to get D when it comes out.

• 1 month later...

Impatience, I know, but they said they were sending 3D to the printers early to mid-January. It's the 24th and no news update on Facebook :001_unsure:. By now they should be at least putting up some samples or giving us update. I am afraid this is getting even more delayed. Has anybody heard anything?

DS just finished MM4, and we'll finish 5A this spring. We were ahead of the subject matter in BA, but using it as a fun review to go deeper with the topics. My son really enjoys the guidebooks, but I'm not sure how much more he'll get out of it if it takes this long. I know it takes time to do a quality product, but I just think we're going to miss the boat on this. :(

Yahoo.

I then plan to bite the bullet and order all of 3, and ship it to Canada.

Shipping stinks.

Shipping stinks even more to here. I'm waiting for 3D to come out so I can buy the whole year. At least that way the exorbitant shipping will be just one big lump. Meanwhile DD is BORED with SM.

Shipping stinks even more to here. I'm waiting for 3D to come out so I can buy the whole year. At least that way the exorbitant shipping will be just one big lump. Meanwhile DD is BORED with SM.

I also want to buy Handwriting with(out) tears. (Eldest says he wants to scratch out the word, "out" when he gets it. He truthfully is fine with it. But prefers to not have it as a subject)

And some time line stuff. (Still undecided)

I was hoping I could order it all from one place, but no such luck. :glare:

I think I saw a reply on the FB page that did say it was going to be February...they initially were hoping for end of January, but they've been delayed. I thought there was a more recent reply on their wall (since the main update they posted themselves) but I can't find one more recent than mid-December. :/

• 2 weeks later...

When is 4th grade scheduled to be released? We are just about to start 3A, so I'm assuming it will be out before we need it, but I wouldn't be surprised if its not due out until 2015 or something crazy.

I saw on their FB page that they're now estimating 5 months to complete a section, which would mean 20 more months until 4D is completed (around Oct. 2014).

I saw on their FB page that they're now estimating 5 months to complete a section, which would mean 20 more months until 4D is completed (around Oct. 2014).

At this point I just hope they can keep their 5 month estimate. My older probably won't manage to benefit from BA5, but at least my younger won't be affected by the new schedule.

:crying:

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Stripe, it's so nice to have you on board....finally. Hmm, I can't link or even add emoticons on a tablet since the changeover. But you know what I mean.

My son seems to hate Beast Academy now and finds it to be some exhausting drill regimen (!), so I think I'm going back to MEP to finish Y3B, after two months off for other activities. At least all those random problems and lots of activities may be a bit repetitive, but they seem to not irritate quite so much. Oh well. Cheaper, too. We really want out of Y3 math, I think! ha.