Menu

Forbidden pleasure comfort food confession

I was just wondering it others are like me....I have a couple of comfort or fast food option meals that my family loves. I do not prepare these often but I would never brag to extended family or friends about it.

I thought is might be fun to share our confessions here:D

Last night I made hot dogs, mac n cheese, wolf chili, frito corn chips and slice and bake chocolate chip cookies. My family thought I was an angel! They were so happy and loved it! Not a menu I would post on FB :lol:

I love those nights, lol.

I am nowhere near being a gourmet but, in my extended family, I have a reputation for being a whole-food/from scratch kind of gal. Whenever I mention Chips Ahoy or hot dogs, everyone likes to tease me about my processed weaknesses. All in good fun, of course! :001_smile:

Elk steak deep fried in bacon grease, with dipping sauce made of mixed up Toby's Feta Dressing and Sriracha, served with cambezola cheese melted in a hollowed out sourdough round with chunks of (white) bread to dip in it. I'm not sure why we serve them together, but it is such a treat!

Elk steak deep fried in bacon grease, with dipping sauce made of mixed up Toby's Feta Dressing and Sriracha, served with cambezola cheese melted in a hollowed out sourdough round with chunks of (white) bread to dip in it. I'm not sure why we serve them together, but it is such a treat!

Oh this sounds yummy!

Well, mine is chicken breast pounded out and cut into strips. I was and then kinda have them patted in flour. Then I put a stick of butter :) and fry them in the butter. I then make milk gravy with more butter and milk. (made in the chicken pan) I like them with fried potatoes :) Also, biscuits... YUM!! :) I make them every so often :) Probably every couple years... I should make it more often!! I love them so much :)

Is it made with real wolves? ;)

Tee hee, that's what I was wondering!

Oh Wolf is the brand of chili. I guess I could have just said chili but we always use the name because according to my husband if its not wolf chili its not chili.

Ah, now we know! Thanks for the info.

For DD, hot dogs with a side of plain pasta mixed with plain yogurt. Yeah, I know, but she loves it.

Oh my gosh! Have you ever made these?

http://www.thekitchn.com/look-crazy-spaghetti-hot-dogs-87900

I showed my kids the photo and they were all BLARGH, THAT LOOKS AWFUL! But, I've so wanted someone to make them, lol. Since your dd already eats pasta and hotdogs, maybe it would work for her?

Edited by Mrs Mungo

I showed my kids the photo and they were all BLARGH, THAT LOOKS AWFUL! But, I've so wanted someone to make them, lol. Since your dd already eats pasta and hotdogs, maybe it would work for her?

I am so making those for her! If only for the reaction! Though I suspect she will love them, once she gets over the shock.

Thanks!

I made these for my boys before. It was fun, they thought they were crazy looking. But no one really ate them, lol.

I am so making those for her! If only for the reaction! Though I suspect she will love them, once she gets over the shock.

Thanks!

I showed her the picture and she can't wait to try them. Off to the store tomorrow, figures we're out of hot dogs!