Menu

basal cell carcinoma, round 2

i had my first Mohr's procedure today. they cut a hole in my temple about the size of a loonie.... or rather, 3 loonies stacked one on top of the other. they sutured it like cinching a bag.

wear your sunscreen. always.

sigh.... this damage was done during march break trips from canada to the carribean forty years ago or so.....

not so much fun now.

ann

wear your sunscreen. always.
:iagree:

My skin is so bad that when I go to a new dermatologist he/she instantly takes a deep breath and says, "Wow...wow." Scorching my skin by laying on the beach, blistering (I'm talking my skin felt like leather) burns time after time while playing tennis (my mom never had me wear a hat or sunscreen...her skin is horrible as well)...I'm at super high risk.

Sunscreen and hats for sure around here as well as staying indoors during peak hours (2-4).

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

My husband used to do those MOHS procedures. It is really amazing the capacity the human body has to heal. He'd see patients on the followup appointments and be so pleased at how good they looked, knowing how much was cut away.

I pray that all goes well for you and that you are done with this! :grouphug:

:grouphug:

I have to go get my skin checked. Being outside for 4-5 hours every day walking doggies, I'm sure has not been good for me.

Just a quick story--

A df's daughter is a news reporter. She is in her 20's and was going to interview a man at his home a couple of months ago. When he opened his door to her, he almost immediately asked her about the mole on her forehead area--turns out he's a Dr, and she had skin cancer and didn't know it.

She's fine now, after an operation and plastic surgery. What are the odds that a Dr would spot it like he did? :001_smile:

I think I have a second spot on my back. My first was in the middle of my back. I haven't worn a bathing suit in the sun in 20 years, and I didn't spend that much time in the sun when I was little. I know I had one bad burn on my back, though.

From what I understand, having one increases our risk of having more. Fun, fun. :glare: I'm sorry that yours sounds more difficult. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I had a spot removed from my eyebrow a while back. It is definitely not a pleasant experience and there is always the concern for more being found. I am fair and I had lots of sunburns when I was young. I have to go every six months for a skin check.

I hope you heal nicely and nothing else is found.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

My husband used to do those MOHS procedures. It is really amazing the capacity the human body has to heal. He'd see patients on the followup appointments and be so pleased at how good they looked, knowing how much was cut away.

I pray that all goes well for you and that you are done with this! :grouphug:

thank you for this! its hard to believe i won't always have an extra hole in my head! (which my db has been maintaining has been there for years ;))

i am going to do flurosil (sp?) cream after christmas, which promises to be another joyous experience.

ann