Menu

Once Upon A Time

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched today's episode yet but hope so soon.

I can't wait for the episode about Henry's Dad, whoever that may end up being.

I have a prediction on that. But I don't want to post it since my prediction is so good I think it could end up being a spoiler. :) At least I hope I'm right.

I still think Henry's dad is Rumple's son. I don't think a normal person would believe in magic and go along with August so easily no matter what was in the box.

I was going to post that also. Here is the post I had written up already. ...

I think Henry's Dad will end up being Rumpelstiltskin son. With the exception of Pinocchio he was the only other person from fairy land in our world at the time he was conceived. It would also make it a very, very interesting story for Rumpelstiltskin to find out he is a Grampa to Henry.

So was the guy at the beginning of this season in the apartment the same guy we saw last night? At the end August said he would send him a postcard. The guy in the apartment got a postcard that said curse broken.

Yes, it was. Henry's dad is Neal, who was the guy from the first episode in the NYC apartment. August must have sent him the postcard saying the spell was broken when he disappeared from Storybrooke.

I want to know what the heck was in that box!

Someone on one of my FB fan pages said yesterday that Neal couldn't possibly be Bae unless he'd lost his memories, but I think I agree with the pp that said it's still a possibility.

'Cuz whatever was in that box convinced Neal real quick to go along with August's plans and it doesn't make sense that a regular person would do that. But if whatever was in the box was from FTL and Neal recognized it, then he'd probably have an idea of who Emma was.

Now I wonder if, since he knows the curse is broken, is he going to go to Storybrooke to try to find Emma? I suspect he doesn't yet know about Henry...

Yes, it was. Henry's dad is Neal, who was the guy from the first episode in the NYC apartment. August must have sent him the postcard saying the spell was broken when he disappeared from Storybrooke.

I want to know what the heck was in that box!

Someone on one of my FB fan pages said yesterday that Neal couldn't possibly be Bae unless he'd lost his memories, but I think I agree with the pp that said it's still a possibility.

'Cuz whatever was in that box convinced Neal real quick to go along with August's plans and it doesn't make sense that a regular person would do that. But if whatever was in the box was from FTL and Neal recognized it, then he'd probably have an idea of who Emma was.

Now I wonder if, since he knows the curse is broken, is he going to go to Storybrooke to try to find Emma? I suspect he doesn't yet know about Henry...

I don't believe he has any idea of Henry either. I can just see him trying to claim him and Charming pulling out the sword!:D

I was hoping for a good-looking hunk for Henry's dad. :D Bae was such a cute child that if he is Henry's dad then they didn't pick a great guy for the part. I was really liking the chemistry between Hook and Emma last night. I shared with my girls last night about your theory of Bae being Henry's dad.

I'm guessing that it wasn't the typewriter in that box ;)

I watched last weeks episode last night as well. I thought it was so clever. What a fun Halloween week episode. But also sad. I was hoping that they might be able to bring Daniel back to life. I liked that he told Regina to love again.

I just want to say:

1) I believe that Henry's dad is Bae as well.

2) I can't wait to find out what's in the box!

3) I want to know what happened to Pinocchio!!!

4) I'm thinking Emma has made an enemy in Hook now so that should be interesting!

5) I ABSOLUTELY love this show!!!!

6) I want to know the connection between Aurora and Henry's dream. WHO was the person in the corner--Cora?

I just want to say:

6) I want to know the connection between Aurora and Henry's dream. WHO was the person in the corner--Cora?

Ha - haven't been on here much in ages, but was on researching dyslexia resources for a friend and couldn't pass this up! :D

My daughter and I both thought they were seeing each other in the dream. So whoever speculated that might be able to open a portal could be right!

I'm guessing that it wasn't the typewriter in that box ;)

That's probably a good guess. I don't think it was the book, or a part of the book either, unless it was specifically relevant to Rumple/Bae somehow. All I know is they'd better show us at some point what was in it.

I watched last weeks episode last night as well. I thought it was so clever. What a fun Halloween week episode. But also sad. I was hoping that they might be able to bring Daniel back to life. I liked that he told Regina to love again.

Oh I agree! It was nice to finally get an answer on Dr. Whale. It'll be interesting to see if the're going back to the pre-magic Regina, or at least until Cora figure out how to get there.

Something else I liked from last night was the interaction between Mulan and Snow and then Snow and Emma. I think maybe Emma's starting to figure out that Momma has her back and she is not letting her loose again.

Ooooh, did you see the previews for next week with Red/Ruby? It looks very intense.

Ha - haven't been on here much in ages, but was on researching dyslexia resources for a friend and couldn't pass this up! :D

My daughter and I both thought they were seeing each other in the dream. So whoever speculated that might be able to open a portal could be right!

That was me :D I knew it as soon as Henry was in that bed! I said he is having a nightmare and it is about a red room with fire!! I also liked all the Lost things lastnight, that was cool.

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I got the impression from season 1 that Henry's dad was a real scumbag. A drug dealer or date-rape type of situation. That doesn't jive with Bea's character, but I could be wrong about my impression of the conversation between Emma and MM/Snow.

The episode has a flash back to her at the time before she got pregnant. You get to meet Henry's Dad and find out all about him. He wasn't a drug dealer, and it wasn't a date-rape type of situation.

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I got the impression from season 1 that Henry's dad was a real scumbag. A drug dealer or date-rape type of situation. That doesn't jive with Bea's character, but I could be wrong about my impression of the conversation between Emma and MM/Snow.

:iagree: Emma tells that he went to jail and was awful. That's why she lied to Henry about his dad being a brave firefighter who died rescuing people. She didn't want to tell Henry his dad was deadbeat selfish jerk.

I guess it could still be Bae, but if it is, he sure didn't grow to be much better than the father he left.

I love the way it went from being 'story in real world and flashbacks to the magic land' to 'story in magic land and flashbacks to real world'

i really hope that dad guy comes and joins the family! and if pinochio sent the postcard, he cant be still stuck in the bed, right?

i also thought they saw each other in the dream - but if its just a portal,why would they both be frightened? and why them? did aurora show up in the first season? i dont remember her

I love the way it went from being 'story in real world and flashbacks to the magic land' to 'story in magic land and flashbacks to real world'

i really hope that dad guy comes and joins the family! and if pinochio sent the postcard, he cant be still stuck in the bed, right?

i also thought they saw each other in the dream - but if its just a portal,why would they both be frightened? and why them? did aurora show up in the first season? i dont remember her

No I don't believe she was in the first season. I also don't think they realize this dream can be a sort of prtal, if that is what it is??

We saw in a previous episode this season that Pinocchio is no longer in the bed. I want to say Henry saw his father looking for him and led him to the room where he used to be. He is no longer in the bed, and we haven't seen him since...

Just watched episode!

I still don't think henry's father is bae. I think bae is a lost boy!:tongue_smilie:

However the red room thing was driving me nuts and I couldn't figure out why. Did a search and it popped up fast. Jane Eyre!!! Of course. I must have read that book a dozen times in middle school.

I don't know if the writers intended it or not?

But the red room, with fire and a ghst like figure gave Jane nightmares too.

Pinocchio cracked me up with his, "I have a hard time saying no to things" comment. But his manipulations are annoying. He is very much like mr Gold/rumple.:glare:

Not A lost boy, THE lost boy. Come on, with Hook being such a big part of Rumple's storyline? It makes perfect sense. He was sent to our world (a world without magic) and somehow wound up in Neverland, where he spent several hundred years not aging. When the curse was created, he returned to "our" world and began to age. So Baelfire = Peter Pan = Henry's Dad. That would be my theory. I had thought for a while that Henry might be PP, since the introduction of Hook, but this makes so much more sense, esp. how Rumple always refers to his son as "lost."

All that being said, WHO IS EMMA? I had thought for a time that Henry's father was truly a "normal" human from our world, but that's not the case... so does this mean that Emma has a story world counterpart?

And while I love princesses who kick butt, could they PLEASE stop killing off all the handsome heroes in order to bring it about? Sigh.

Not A lost boy, THE lost boy. Come on, with Hook being such a big part of Rumple's storyline? It makes perfect sense. He was sent to our world (a world without magic) and somehow wound up in Neverland, where he spent several hundred years not aging. When the curse was created, he returned to "our" world and began to age. So Baelfire = Peter Pan = Henry's Dad. That would be my theory. I had thought for a while that Henry might be PP, since the introduction of Hook, but this makes so much more sense, esp. how Rumple always refers to his son as "lost."

All that being said, WHO IS EMMA? I had thought for a time that Henry's father was truly a "normal" human from our world, but that's not the case... so does this mean that Emma has a story world counterpart?

And while I love princesses who kick butt, could they PLEASE stop killing off all the handsome heroes in order to bring it about? Sigh.

I also thought Bae was Peter Pan.

I also thought Bae was Peter Pan.

I have read on a bunch of interviews and pages that they cannot use Peter Pan due to copyrights. The character hook had different copyrights than Peter Pan so they could use him. I don't think he is Peter Pan Bae possibly but not Peter.

He could be a Lost Boy there were many so that wouldn't be hard but the show could not use Peter Pan.

Emma was a princess. Charmings daughter and all that but she has no counterpart because she was removed from the curse and never went to Storybrooke. She never lived in story land so she couldn't have any life there.

I hope Aurora finds a way to wake up her Prince and return his soul.

Just watched episode!

I still don't think henry's father is bae. I think bae is a lost boy!:tongue_smilie:

However the red room thing was driving me nuts and I couldn't figure out why. Did a search and it popped up fast. Jane Eyre!!! Of course. I must have read that book a dozen times in middle school.

I don't know if the writers intended it or not?

But the red room, with fire and a ghst like figure gave Jane nightmares too.

Pinocchio cracked me up with his, "I have a hard time saying no to things" comment. But his manipulations are annoying. He is very much like mr Gold/rumple.:glare:

I am sure the writers intended it every bit! I don't think August is very much like Gold. He always is worried about the good of things happening where Gold is all about, How can I use this to my personal advantage?

What is Henry's dad's name? His full name? So often the clue is in the full name. Also does anyone know what the name Baelfire means? I bet if we get names and meanings we could cross reference them and figure it out!

http://www.wordnik.com/words/bael This says it is a fruit?

Change the spelling and it is some kind of fire http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/beltanecustomandfolklore/p/The-Bale-Fire.htm

I don't know Henrys dads name. I just keep seeing Neil

ETA Neil Cassidy

Edited by clarkacademy
name

There was a thing going on about that one promo pic a while back. It said the picture could give us hints. It was the characters and Henry had a bow and arrow. Charming has been teaching swords but why the arrows?? Neal is Robin Hood. That is why he believed.

ETA here is the promo pic http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/once-upon-a-time-little-mermaid_n_2000695.html

Edited by clarkacademy
link

There was a thing going on about that one promo pic a while back. It said the picture could give us hints. It was the characters and Henry had a bow and arrow. Charming has been teaching swords but why the arrows?? Neal is Robin Hood. That is why he believed.

Hmmm. That would explain why he's a thief, but not a bad guy. (It would be disappointing if Bae had grown up to be a thief).

But if that's who he is, how did he end up in the real world instead of Storybrooke? And wouldn't he be much older (the flashbacks were 17-18 years after the Curse?)

Speaking of aging, did Henry figure the whole thing out because he was the only kid in Storybrooke who got promoted to the next grade every year while the rest stayed the same age?

Hmmm. That would explain why he's a thief, but not a bad guy. (It would be disappointing if Bae had grown up to be a thief).

But if that's who he is, how did he end up in the real world instead of Storybrooke? And wouldn't he be much older (the flashbacks were 17-18 years after the Curse?)

Speaking of aging, did Henry figure the whole thing out because he was the only kid in Storybrooke who got promoted to the next grade every year while the rest stayed the same age?

I have kinda wondered that myself! I think some things they will never explain just let it be "the story". There are alot of fairy tales that if you pick them apart they have holes but maybe that is what makes it fun! I truly hope they do not destry this like they did LOST. I loved that show until the very end when I sat speechless thinking WTH!

Emma is 28. Henry is 11. He was born when she was 17 then so yes the flash backs had to be 17 years after the curse. I wonder why August only sent the car keys and not the money though?

More on the red room dream...They were both under a sleeping spell that could be the connection right there .

Yes and so was snow. I wonder if they will return for her?

ETA here is the promo pic http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/once-upon-a-time-little-mermaid_n_2000695.html

Why would robin hood believe? What is in the box?

As for Henry having a now and arrow, that is Snow's weapon of choice too. Charming might be teaching him swords, but that doesn't mean he won't decide to take after snow instead.

Yes and so was snow. I wonder if they will return for her?

Why would robin hood believe? What is in the box?

As for Henry having a now and arrow, that is Snow's weapon of choice too. Charming might be teaching him swords, but that doesn't mean he won't decide to take after snow instead.

Your right! I didn't think of that Have you seen this page? It states the new characters this season and sadly Robin Hood is not one of them http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Season_Two

I have kinda wondered that myself! I think some things they will never explain just let it be "the story". There are alot of fairy tales that if you pick them apart they have holes but maybe that is what makes it fun! I truly hope they do not destry this like they did LOST. I loved that show until the very end when I sat speechless thinking WTH!

Emma is 28. Henry is 11. He was born when she was 17 then so yes the flash backs had to be 17 years after the curse. I wonder why August only sent the car keys and not the money though?

Yeah. I noticed that too.:glare: I'm not thrilled with August. His motives might be better than Golds, but his methods aren't much better. And he has a hard time saying no to temptation.

Tho you can't exactly send 20k to someone in jail without it raising many flags and likely not being kept by the person it is send to.;)

I hope he doesn't do something else with the money, but maybe he is holding it To get her set up when she gets out? She seems to get her act together and have a pretty nice set up when Henry finds her. Most people don't go from jail to that without a lot of help and luck. Maybe he pushes some luck her way?

Tho you can't exactly send 20k to someone in jail without it raising many flags and likely not being kept by the person it is send to.;)

I hope he doesn't do something else with the money, but maybe he is holding it To get her set up when she gets out? She seems to get her act together and have a pretty nice set up when Henry finds her. Most people don't go from jail to that without a lot of help and luck. Maybe he pushes some luck her way?

I assumed he stashed the money in the car. Perhaps he thought it was a bad idea to send 20 000 dollars cash to a person in jail was a bad idea.

Oh, now this does make sense...and could get very interesting.

But didn't the fairy tell Bae the bean would open a portal to a place w/o magic? Neverland has magic (pixie dust, anyone? Flying kids?)

Just because he went to world without magic, doesn't mean he didn't end up in a world with magic. Iirc, all the lost boys came from a world without magic.

What is Henry's dad's name? His full name? So often the clue is in the full name. Also does anyone know what the name Baelfire means? I bet if we get names and meanings we could cross reference them and figure it out!

Neal Cassady.

Who was a friend of Jack Kerouac--Dean Moriarty from On the Road was based on him. When I heard it last night, I thought it was so obvious that it would turn out to be a pseudonym....but I guess it's only immediately obvious to those of us who had an obsessive Jack Kerouac phase in high school ;)

He said the money would not be of much use to Emma. Does that mean something? He said it with a lot of conviction which made me feel he was not just keeping it for himself.

If Henry's father is Robin Hood, Is Emma Maid Marian? If he is Peter Pan, is she Wendy?

In the article it said they would reveal Prince Charming's real name. What does that mean? Who might he be?