Menu

Leia is a Disney Princess now

Here's a link.

I think George made a wise move. No one can market like Disney, except Lucas, and in a way he's protecting the Integrity of the franchise. George is not getting any younger.

I told ds and he is now pondering ways to go to work for Lucasfilm/Disney as an intern in college, or attend college near the headquarters. So we'll be paying attention to this. He's also the kid that started writing storyboards for Star Wars 7,8,and 9 when he was 8 years old. He was miffed Lucas hadn't already done so.

I read they are releasing episodes 7, 8, and 9 in the next few years and then another episode every two or three years after that. :glare: I'm worried the franchise is going to jump the shark (DROID?).

I'll have to admit, I'm skeptical of the new movies.

What sort of storyline will it be? Totally unrelated to the Skywalker clan? Years later? Years before? Sometime during?

Idk, I guess I'm just kind of attached to the way that the story progresses in the extended universe books (I've read - and own - most of them) so I would hate for them to do something totally different with those characters, kwim?

Lucas isn't dying, is he? Didn't Jim Henson die right after Disney bought the Muppets?

No, Henson died in 1990, and Disney bought the Muppets (but not the Henson company) in 2004. My late FIL worked on the original 3 Star Wars movies, as well as 2 Henson movies, and my DH's family attended Jim's funeral. :(

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

No, Henson died in 1990, and Disney bought the Muppets (but not the Henson company) in 2004. My late FIL worked on the original 3 Star Wars movies, as well as 2 Henson movies, and my DH's family attended Jim's funeral. :(

Jackie

You're right. He created the Muppet thing at Disney World the year before he died. He was in contract negotiations with them that year, too.

I told ds and he is now pondering ways to go to work for Lucasfilm/Disney as an intern in college, or attend college near the headquarters. So we'll be paying attention to this. He's also the kid that started writing storyboards for Star Wars 7,8,and 9 when he was 8 years old. He was miffed Lucas hadn't already done so.

I said to DS, "Well, there you go." ;) Disney, Star Wars, and filmmaking comprise 98% of my kids' childhoods. Honestly, Outliers was going through my mind when I read the news. My oldest just turned 17 and has easily spent 10,000 hours on his filmmaking and just continues to grow in it.

Timing and time spent on what he loves... Who knows?

I said to DS, "Well, there you go." ;) Disney, Star Wars, and filmmaking comprise 98% of my kids' childhoods. Honestly, Outliers was going through my mind when I read the news. My oldest just turned 17 and has easily spent 10,000 hours on his filmmaking and just continues to grow in it.

Timing and time spent on what he loves... Who knows?

I'm thinking this whole thing will be great motivation for school work. He's really working on his artwork this year, trying to break through the gap of experience vs. perfectionism.

This may expand our college search, good thing we have a few years to plan ahead. :svengo: