Menu

Clothes shopping for Boys

Garga

Am I allowed to do this? I'm going to tell you that I just posted what is possibly my favorite blog post EVER. I looked at the rules and it says that you can't post stuff if you make money off of it, and I don't make money off the blog. So, I guess this is safe?

It's about clothes shopping with young boys. I'm thinking a lot of you can relate, and I really wanted to share. But my story is too long to fit in a post, so I'm linking you to the blog:

Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here OR Clothes Shopping With Boys

:D

Thanks for the laugh.

I can see that happening to me in the future with 2 boys close in age. My boys already hate clothes shopping they don't care what I buy as long as we do it quick.

However shopping with boys is still preferable then shopping with girls.:001_huh:

At least with my boys I can go and pick something out -drag them out from the clothes rack and size them up with my eyes (they won't try anything on) and then pay and leave.

With my DD - she won't leave the store and she wants to try on EVERYTHING in the store and then she wants to dance in front of the mirror to make it twirl :lol: We are in there forever and then she can never decide which she wants because she LOVES THEM ALL :D

I'd rather take my boys shopping any day of the week

Ha! I just buy the boys clothes with adjustable waists and we're good! I don't even take them with me.

Thankfully, Luke (6) and Gabe (5) have to wear uniforms to the public elementary school. So that made shopping for them super easy! I wish I hadn't bought any light blue polos for them though (they can wear red, black, navy, white or light blue). 3rd wk of school and the light blues are all stained.

LOL! I feel your pain. Unfortunately, my youngest boys still haven't developed an interest in clothing or looking good for any special person. After the last SAT which we take in the large city nearby, I told them I wanted to take them out to get some new clothing. They asked to be taken home instead :( Honestly, I tried to bribe them with treats (doesn't work as well now) if they would find 2 pairs of new jeans and 2 new shirts! I ended up threatening them that we weren't going home until they had the jeans and shirts. That got them moving! I wanted to spend $$ on them and they didn't want any part of it. I assured them we would only go to 2 stores - American Eagle and Gap. They arrived home with new clothing but they felt they had surely earned some points for doing such a good deed for me :p

I love this!

DS 11 has no clothes that fit, and the amount of eye rolling, huffing and full body flopping that happened last time we were in Target was astounding!

All I wanted was for him to try on couple pairs of jeans so I would have some idea of what size he was. I really don't know........he wore basketball type shorts all summer with elastic waist bands, and has grown at least 2 inches in 2 months.

He now has 2 pairs of pants, one is a pair of track pants, and the other are sweats to sleep in. Until he agrees to try on pants he will have to wear his one remaining pair of khaki shorts to anything that requires "real clothes" :tongue_smilie: :tongue_smilie:

Ha! I just buy the boys clothes with adjustable waists and we're good! I don't even take them with me.

Thankfully, Luke (6) and Gabe (5) have to wear uniforms to the public elementary school. So that made shopping for them super easy! I wish I hadn't bought any light blue polos for them though (they can wear red, black, navy, white or light blue). 3rd wk of school and the light blues are all stained.

Turn the polos that are stained into shopping bags. There's an Instructable for that . . .

As for shopping with my boys, I don't do it. The clothes just get bought and they deal.

:lol: Thanks for the laugh! There will be shopping trip in the future for ds9, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I often buy a lot online and then end up returning most of it at the store. He's so SKINNY that it's hard to find clothes that fit that he actually likes.

:iagree: I buy them the next size up and bring it home. Occasionally they will pick their own clothes out if they are shopping with me when I see a good sale on something they need. I'm sure in the future they will require actual fittings before buying, but I'm going to hold off on that day for as long as possible.

I am impressed the boys tolerated trying on that many clothes, DS or no. I have resorted to buying clothes I think he will like/fit, and making many returns. I told him he could either wear it or come with me and pick out his own clothes. His choice was clear. Now, though, he's an especially hard size to fit...still can wear boys' jeans but so tall he needs men's shirts. *sigh* Oh well! You are right, a true benefit of homeschooling is that he doesn't even care. Yet. (one reason his old pants didn't look too high-watery is because he is so slim they were riding really low! When he pulled them up all the way...lol)