Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

A quick update on our place...We took it off the market and listed it as a rental with our previous property manager. Within 2 weeks they found a renter. So, as of last week we have a renter in place. Yippee! It would have been better or us to have been able to sell it, but the income is better than the outflow.

Best wishes to all of you trying to sell.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, ladies, update as you're able. Meanwhile, we trust, watch and wait.

Updated list:

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Sharon in SC (carrying cost of two homes, concurrently)

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Battlemaiden (facing renting her home immediately except for a timely sale!)

HeatherH (starting a kitchen update now, ideal times to sell are by the end of Sept or Feb/Mar - God knows)

abreakfromlife

Newbie (needs to get her extra home prepped for renting ASAP)

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Dianne in TX

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Sunshine

Kristavws (needs to sell her vacant rental property)

Elaine (needs to sell to join husband elsewhere)

Contracts pending:

Tarheel Heather (due to close 9/26)

coffeefreak (due to close 9/24)

Mary in NJ (due to close first part of October)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

Change in plans:

Brigitte (currently renting her home)

Well, we'll take encouragement in the little things. The house has shown twice this past week. The first time was viewed by a REA scoping things out for a client who plans to move into our area from out of town (who also has a house to sell). ;-} The upside - he says our house looks great and will definitely be "on the list" should it still be on the market when they're able to make a move.

The second time - sometime in the past 24 hours (we don't reside there so I don't know for sure when). We're waiting on feedback.

For now, I'm just excited to have it SHOWN. :-}

The downside - this family decided they needed to buy in a lower price range from what our house is listed; they ended up putting an offer on a home that is apples and oranges from ours

The upside - the loved the house and the REA gave it rave reviews.

:-}

Our inspection is today. Last week was a rollercoaster of prayer and praise. We found a place to rent (praise) but we had to put the full non-refundable deposit down (prayer). The Swamp Cooler died and the quote we received was $1500 (prayer prayer prayer). According to our contract, we have to make up to $500 worth of repairs (we won't know what those are if any till after today) and we will have to pay out about $3000 at closing. We were on our knees all week, and then a friend's husband heard about our cooler. He fixed it with a $5 part and got it up and running again:party:. We don't know if it will pass inspection so please be in prayer for us today. We replaced all the sink faucets in the house because we knew they wouldn't pass inspection and we still have a structural warrenty on the house. Plus we purchased a new hot water heater last year. Sooooo I'm praying there's nothing big, and nothing over $100 left to repair. Thanks for holding us up in prayer! I continue to pray for you all!

I'll let you know how it goes!

Blessings!

Dorinda

Update on our property:

Well, the family did accept our counteroffer. Currently, I am in the Midwest, overseeing the repairs, inspections, etc. The closing is scheduled for the first part of October.

Please pray that the contract goes through. We had the housing inspector go through the house on Saturday. We are still waiting for his list, and then for the buyer's to put their "wish list" of repairs together. Then back to the negotiating table.

I have just viewed everyone's updates. I commit to pray for showings, contracts and repairs!

Until my next library visit (to check email and borrow school books!).

Joyfully,

Mary

Update on our property:

Well, the family did accept our counteroffer. Currently, I am in the Midwest, overseeing the repairs, inspections, etc. The closing is scheduled for the first part of October.

Please pray that the contract goes through. We had the housing inspector go through the house on Saturday. We are still waiting for his list, and then for the buyer's to put their "wish list" of repairs together. Then back to the negotiating table.

I have just viewed everyone's updates. I commit to pray for showings, contracts and repairs!

Until my next library visit (to check email and borrow school books!).

Joyfully,

Mary

I rejoice with you Mary that you are as far a long in the process that you are and am most confident that the Lord will enable each step of the way to proceed according to His will! No purpose of His can be thwarted, according to Job!!! :-D

:party:

WE PASSED! The buyer is not requesting any repairs and everything checked out OK. It looks like we are moving! Thanks for praying. I will let you know when we close, but even after, I will continue to watch the thread and pray for everyone. We all are selling for different reasons, but it doesn't mean any are less important than the others. The only thing that's gotten me through the summer and the last month is prayer, prayer, prayer. Thank you so much for praying for us and we'll continue to pray for you.

Blessings!

Dorinda

:party:

WE PASSED! The buyer is not requesting any repairs and everything checked out OK. It looks like we are moving! Thanks for praying. I will let you know when we close, but even after, I will continue to watch the thread and pray for everyone. We all are selling for different reasons, but it doesn't mean any are less important than the others. The only thing that's gotten me through the summer and the last month is prayer, prayer, prayer. Thank you so much for praying for us and we'll continue to pray for you.

Blessings!

Dorinda

:party::cheers2::party:

We got the foreclosure notice yesterday. I sobbed last night and told my dh I wish we had never moved out of the trailer park. We also signed the papers to drop the selling price to $119,000, so it was just a bad day all around.

:grouphug: My heart hurts with yours. Please know you have prayer cover. Let us wait with anticipation and expectation to see what the Lord is going to do on your behalf.....

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Urgent:

DramaQueen's family received foreclosure notice yesterday. They've lowered the price on their home to hopefully expedite a sale. They need a miracle. Looking to the One Who can do immeasureably more than anything we can ask or imagine!!!!

HeatherH (needs to sell to reunite family with dh)

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Dianne in TX

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Sunshine

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Change in plans:

I just got a call from my REA. After a couple weeks of no showings, the house has been shown 4 times in the last week. The first was to the REA of a family who currently live out of town who have a house to sell of their own. If our home is still on the market when they're able to do something, it will be "on the list". The next two times was to a family who loved it but ultimately decided their budget did not allow for that price range. (They ended up putting an offer on a house in a lower priced neighborhood nearby). Finally, it was shown yesterday to the husband of a couple who will go out Saturday to make their final decision. (This will be the first time the wife will have seen the house). Their decision will be to choose between two homes - ours and one other. The negative for them in our home is something we cannot change - no bedroom on the main floor. Otherwise, the husband loved it.

My request is as always - "Lord, if *these* are the people you have saved this house for, let them know it!" (You know - right buyer, right time, right price....) Remember, Saturday's D-day for them! :-D

Thanks, as always, for your prayer support!

Two showings today -

We had a call last night, for a showing b/w 11:30-1:30. Then, this morning, at 11, a REA called to show b/w 12:30 and 2:00.

Rejoicing that the Lord prepared us so marvelously - and that we have to leave shortly for art class, anyways!

Praying for all of you -

We got the foreclosure notice yesterday. I sobbed last night and told my dh I wish we had never moved out of the trailer park. We also signed the papers to drop the selling price to $119,000, so it was just a bad day all around.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sometimes there aren't enough hugs to go around. I am so sorry for you guys. I will pray for deliverance for you guys. Hang in there!

Blessings,

Dorinda

We have a couple who will be deciding, today, between our home and one other. The competition is stiff (newer construction, dressed to the nines, lavishly landscaped yard and has a bedroom on the first floor). About our home, they like that it is all brick, the location is better (cul de sac and not across the street from a large school), and I think it is a couple hundred sq feet bigger.

As always, my prayer is that the Lord's will be done today.

Prayed for you, Sharon -

We had zilch. Nada. Nothing. on the showings Thursday. Continuing to wait on the Lord!

Thanks, Heather. We're waiting to hear. We actually had two showing yesterday, back to back. (One party had to wait in the cul de sac for the other part to pullout of the driveway). We watch and wait....

Well, a request for utility bills is a good sign, yes? :-P Of the two showings Saturday, we've only heard back from one, the party we did know ahead of time were coming. Initially, there REA indicated they were not ready to make a move. Today, we get a call that they would like to know what our utility bills were for the last year.....more watching and waiting.....

Update (9/17/08)

Urgent:

DramaQueen's family received foreclosure notice yesterday. They've lowered the price on their home to hopefully expedite a sale. They need a miracle. Looking to the One Who can do immeasureably more than anything we can ask or imagine!!!!

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Sunshine

Donna

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Change in plans:

I have failed on praying on my knees for 45 days...I get started and on day 10 I get sidetracked with having to walk the puppy, feed the horses, do the treadmill..all before God???? Okay, I'm recommitting to praying on my knees TOMORROW!! I will pray for each of you, my old list was 3 weeks ago so I'll make sure I have an updated one.

On a good note, we had 6 showings last week! Only feedback from one so far, loved the landscaping..wanted more hardwoods though (I only have hardwoods in foyer,dr and kitchen, guest bath and hall..oh well...) We switched realtors and LOVE the new one...

I can't go into it all here but for those really struggling, keep the faith that God is in control...I asked God to show me how this is in His plan..some amazing things happened, okay, maybe I'll go into it..we've had our house for sale for 16 months!! (Two mortgages mind you)...I just knew I had to switch realtors but hated feeling 'unloyal' to the other one although they dropped the ball many times.

So, I asked God to make it clear if I should switch realtors and to whom should we switch. The day before I hit myself on the head and said I better call the realtor who just happened to be the ONLY realtor who has had a resell in our neighborhood sell in the past 16 months AND they BOTH were my next door neighbors..not God hitting me over the head, huh? So, I called her and asked her to do a market analysis...she agreed and I sent all her emails about the MA to my mother (former realtor and mortgage lender now so she could assess the abilities of this realtor)....well, the day I really prayed so hard that God would make it clear, I was in a Steak-Out fast food place getting a sandwich for my sick daughter (that's all she wanted)..we almost NEVER go there...while sitting there waiting for her sandwich, a lady came in looking just like my mother..something about ladies raised in the South in the 50's..they're all 'put together' and shining like gems! :)

We smiled and chatted up and realized she was a realtor, then realized that she had a son who had just told her that he and his wife were going into full time mission work in Seattle...(WE USED TO LIVE IN SEATTLE)..further talking and she asked me how I got to Seattle from the South...I told her I had been in pharmaceutical sales..she asked which company and SHE HAD WORKED FOR THE SAME ONE for 16 years!!!..I was sure this lady was the one...we shared our favorite verses and were just thrilled to share our faith!

I gave her my address and told her to do a MA and get back to me...I immediately called my mom and was soo excited that God had shown me the ONE! Well, while on the phone my mom said that she had thought the first realtor that I had forwarded email to sounded familiar and that she had emailed her to see if she grew up in the same small town my mom did (a very long shot, not many know of this town!)...well, as I shared the story of the neat lady in Steak Out she got the return email from that first realtor, SHE HAD GROWN UP in that small town and remembered my mom well...only one school in the town and they went to all 12 years together! :) My mom said I HAD to sign with her...

Well, loooong story short, I did sign with her and she found out about our desire to use our horses for a summer ministry of sorts for underprivileged kids...she knew a lady out in Oklahoma who does horse ministries and got us talking together, this lady is amazing and walking me through how to start the ministry and giving me so much knowledge about it! I hate to say it ladies, but God has finally shown me the value of money, I can't worry about that mortgage we threw out bc the people he's brought into my life as a result of it are shining beacons that He is in control...this lady in Oklahoma even wants to gift us our third horse...I'm amazed!!!

Okay, so now I'm ready for it to sell...or I'll be forced to make a video tape for Deal or No Deal! :)

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it encourages some!!!

Tara

Tara, thank you for taking the time to share your testimony! Honestly, what I have found in the course of this prayer journey over each of our homes, it is testimonies like yours, mine, Tarheel Heather's, and so many others that leaves me convinced we do serve a living God Who is actively at work on our behalf!

As always, trusing Him to do immeasureably more than any of us can ask or imagine!

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

Tarheel Heather closed today and while it did not go as they had ideally hoped for, that home is no longer their responsibility and we'll praise the Lord for that! Coffeefreak - did you close on the 24th?

I've moved the rentals down below to make it more clear who is actually on the market right now. As always, please provide an update as you are able.

Regarding my home - it has not shown in about a week and a half. For now, I'll be thankful that 10+ flyers were taken out of the box. ;-} I continue to feel the Lord calling me to "thank Him and praise Him", despite the circumstances as I see them.

Update (9/17/08)

Urgent:

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

Sunshine

Donna

Contracts pending:

Mary in NJ (due to close first part of October - problems ensued at closing - rescheduled for 10/6)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Homes currently being rented:

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Edited by Sharon in SC

Sharon -

Thanks for your faithfulness in maintaining this list. It is a blessing, truly.

Our meager little update:

We continue to show about 1-2x a week, with no contracts. Showing this week was favorable, but buyer is in no rush to make a decision. Dh and I are praying about whether or not to drop the price, or stick it out to the spring "in the hopes of". . . . . . .

Today, we received a call that a friend knows of a house-sitting position available where dh works. We could all move there beginning Nov. 1, it would last until May. Praying for wisdom on that one.

Thanks again, Sharon. All glory to our Lord!

Sharon and everyone else,

Yes, it's finally over:party: We packed up last week, moved over the weekend and closed on Wednesday. I've been sick ever since closing and sleeping a lot. I think my body finally said enough with all the stress. Closing was smooth and we were able to take $1000 less to the table than we were originally told. Moving is expensive so that was a HUGE blessing. Then, on Thursday, my husband was offered a job with another company here in town. :party: God has been doubly good to us this month. We just don't have enough words to praise and express how overwhelmed we are by His goodness. I was praying that He would provide the money for us, and that the loan we had to take out to close on the house would not be a burden for us. I was also feeling a little bitter on Saturday when we were leaving behind all our appliances and curtains and shelves. I know they're just things and our rental has appliances that are great, but I find it easy to complain about them because they're not "mine," and they're not what I would have picked out. But, then I locked the house up and realized how blessed we are that the house sold at all! And I haven't been back since. I haven't been sad or bitter, and no, I'm not happy that I still owe money on a washer/dryer that I no longer own, but it just motivates me to pay it off even faster. And now, with the blessing of a new job for my husband, God has provided me a way.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I were fretting over the money for closing, and my oldest daughter overheard us (she's going to be 9 tomorrow). She said, "you know Mommy, doesn't the Bible say that God will provide for all our needs? maybe you'd feel better if I wrote it on a piece of paper for you and hung it on the fridge to remind you." So, she wrote, "God will Provide for Us," on a piece of paper, and copied Matthew 10:29-31 under it. It hung on our fridge all month, and it's on our fridge in the new house. I'll probably keep it forever. If only we could understand what a child understands and find the same peace as them. My daughter never doubted Him and I shouldn't have either.

So, ladies, I'm going to continue to pray for you as you prayed for me, and I pray that even if you have to pay at closing, or give up all your appliances, or whatever it is in selling your house that becomes a sticking point, that you will find God's peace that passes all understanding, and trust in Him.

Blessings and peace to you all!

Dorinda

Sharon and everyone else,

Yes, it's finally over:party: We packed up last week, moved over the weekend and closed on Wednesday. I've been sick ever since closing and sleeping a lot. I think my body finally said enough with all the stress. Closing was smooth and we were able to take $1000 less to the table than we were originally told. Moving is expensive so that was a HUGE blessing. Then, on Thursday, my husband was offered a job with another company here in town. :party: God has been doubly good to us this month. We just don't have enough words to praise and express how overwhelmed we are by His goodness. I was praying that He would provide the money for us, and that the loan we had to take out to close on the house would not be a burden for us. I was also feeling a little bitter on Saturday when we were leaving behind all our appliances and curtains and shelves. I know they're just things and our rental has appliances that are great, but I find it easy to complain about them because they're not "mine," and they're not what I would have picked out. But, then I locked the house up and realized how blessed we are that the house sold at all! And I haven't been back since. I haven't been sad or bitter, and no, I'm not happy that I still owe money on a washer/dryer that I no longer own, but it just motivates me to pay it off even faster. And now, with the blessing of a new job for my husband, God has provided me a way.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I were fretting over the money for closing, and my oldest daughter overheard us (she's going to be 9 tomorrow). She said, "you know Mommy, doesn't the Bible say that God will provide for all our needs? maybe you'd feel better if I wrote it on a piece of paper for you and hung it on the fridge to remind you." So, she wrote, "God will Provide for Us," on a piece of paper, and copied Matthew 10:29-31 under it. It hung on our fridge all month, and it's on our fridge in the new house. I'll probably keep it forever. If only we could understand what a child understands and find the same peace as them. My daughter never doubted Him and I shouldn't have either.

So, ladies, I'm going to continue to pray for you as you prayed for me, and I pray that even if you have to pay at closing, or give up all your appliances, or whatever it is in selling your house that becomes a sticking point, that you will find God's peace that passes all understanding, and trust in Him.

Blessings and peace to you all!

Dorinda

Oh, Dorinda, your post is most definitely, in the words of a dear high school friend, a "tear dropper"! I am crying. I am crying tears of joy for the tremenouds faithfulness God has shown your family in all of this. I am crying tears of hope for myself as I read your daughter's encouragement to you. I know that God will provide, but as I've admitted in other posts, there are those days when the economic news and the blaring fact that our home still remains in our possession that I fight discouragement. Thank you for this most precious reminder that God. Will. Provide! Praise His Holy name!

:party::cheers2::party:

Sharon -

Thanks for your faithfulness in maintaining this list. It is a blessing, truly.

Our meager little update:

We continue to show about 1-2x a week, with no contracts. Showing this week was favorable, but buyer is in no rush to make a decision. Dh and I are praying about whether or not to drop the price, or stick it out to the spring "in the hopes of". . . . . . .

Today, we received a call that a friend knows of a house-sitting position available where dh works. We could all move there beginning Nov. 1, it would last until May. Praying for wisdom on that one.

Thanks again, Sharon. All glory to our Lord!

Heather, I trust with you for all the divine wisdom and discernment you guys need in making these decisions (pricing, house sitting, etc). May God truly guide you and direct you, counsel you and watch over you, instruct you and show you the way that you are to go!

In Him,

Sharon

An update on our house situation:

We were due to close today, but things did not go well. Evidently, the way the contract was written, a particular amount of closing fees can be discerned two different ways. It deals with approximately $3,600. Our agent and her legal team state that we do not pay this amount, of course the buyer's agent and his manager state that the buyers do not need to pay this amount.

There have been numerous scenarios pulled together where it is split up between everyone. In the meantime, the buyer's agent has stopped communicating with the buyer, lender, our agent and his manager. The closing has been postponed until the 6th, to see if anything can be worked out.

I would appreciate everyone's prayers. We were so close to having this house sold.

Thanks,

Mary

Edited by Mary in NJ
should have said "buyers" instead of "sellers"

Oh Mary,

That is just such bad news! I am so sorry about that. And what's up with that agent going AWOL? Crazy times.

I hope this whole thing gets figured out in your favor. It seems like the buyer is purposely doing this because they know they've got you over a barrel. I hope I never treat anyone that way. Yikes.

:grouphug:

An update on our house situation:

We were due to close today, but things did not go well. Evidently, the way the contract was written, a particular amount of closing fees can be discerned two different ways. It deals with approximately $3,600. Our agent and her legal team state that we do not pay this amount, of course the seller's agent and his manager state that the buyers do not need to pay this amount.

There have been numerous scenarios pulled together where it is split up between everyone. In the meantime, the buyer's agent has stopped communicating with the buyer, lender, our agent and his manager. The closing has been postponed until the 6th, to see if anything can be worked out.

I would appreciate everyone's prayers. We were so close to having this house sold.

Thanks,

Mary

Our agent's manager and the buyer's agent manager have been trying to figure out a way to make this work with the buyer's agent not in the picture. She said that she will work around him.

Thanks Anj! I needed a few kind words about right now! I appreciate it!

Oh Mary,

That is just such bad news! I am so sorry about that. And what's up with that agent going AWOL? Crazy times.

I hope this whole thing gets figured out in your favor. It seems like the buyer is purposely doing this because they know they've got you over a barrel. I hope I never treat anyone that way. Yikes.

:grouphug:

Our agent's manager and the buyer's agent manager have been trying to figure out a way to make this work with the buyer's agent not in the picture. She said that she will work around him.

Thanks Anj! I needed a few kind words about right now! I appreciate it!

Oh, Mary! You'd think the buyer's agent would want to sell a house! :confused: Let's remember - all things truly do work together for good for them who love the Lord and who are called according to His purpose.

Keep us posted. We're praying!

Sharon

Sharon, thanks for the encouraging words. My husband and I are commiting this to the Lord's hands, and know that whatever happens will be in accordance to His will.

Oh, Mary! You'd think the buyer's agent would want to sell a house! :confused: Let's remember - all things truly do work together for good for them who love the Lord and who are called according to His purpose.

Keep us posted. We're praying!

Sharon

OK- We finally have another offer on our house.

Buyers have offered $2,000 more than current asking price (which is still $5,000 less than what we paid for it), but they want us to pay all closing costs. They are getting a VA loan, so closing costs will be higher than normal.

We just want the house gone, so we agreed.

Please continue to help us pray that this house sells.

Thanks so much!!

We closed today. Praise be to God!

Yes, we lost money in this deal, but it will unload a burden that we have had with this house.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Mary, I'm supposed to be positioning myself to get out the door on vacation but came to WTM boards to see if there was any new news. PTL!!!!!! I rejoice with you and am so thankful this chapter is CLOSED for you!

OK- We finally have another offer on our house.

Buyers have offered $2,000 more than current asking price (which is still $5,000 less than what we paid for it), but they want us to pay all closing costs. They are getting a VA loan, so closing costs will be higher than normal.

We just want the house gone, so we agreed.

Please continue to help us pray that this house sells.

Thanks so much!!

Keep us posted, Debbie!

UPDATE 10/6!

Urgent:

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

Sunshine

Donna

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Can you take another update - I'm not sure if this made it on this list. . . ?

Last Monday, a buyer came to the home and stayed a LONG time with his REA. The REA called me the next day, said the man had been transferred to AL, our house was his top pick out of 6, and his wife would come back with him around the 14th and hopefully buy.

We are, as they say, "cautiously optimistic". I'll post more when I have the definite date the wife is returning for the 2nd showing - it's hard to get hopes up, kwim?

Thanks for praying, all - I am rejoicing with those who have closed!

May we all continue to trust in the Lord, and bring Him glory, regardless of our circumstances.

May we all continue to trust in the Lord, and bring Him glory, regardless of our circumstances.

Amen!

Certainly update as often as you are able! I will trust with you that if this is the family for whom the Lord has been saving your home, that the wife will know as soon as she walks in the door that she has come "home"!!

• 2 weeks later...

abreakfromlife

Drama Queen (needs to decide whether or not to keep home on the market in light of 90 day extensions currently being afforded them by the mortage company)

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Sunshine

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Edited by Sharon in SC

We just put ours up for sale about a week ago - is this the worst possible time in the last 100 years to be trying to sell a house?! We are very fortunate to have this decision be our choice, not by pressure from our mortgage company or other pressing economic factors. Basically, it's because my mom lives about 30 minutes away and is deteriorating in her health and is needing more help. Her moving closer to us is non-negotiable, so we want to move closer to her. Also, I average driving 80 miles a day to get my kids to and from their activities and other things, in a Suburban that gets 14.8 mpg. We are so grateful that we have the blessing of time and patience on our side, but any additional support and prayer from the hive would be greatly appreciated!

We just put ours up for sale about a week ago - is this the worst possible time in the last 100 years to be trying to sell a house?! We are very fortunate to have this decision be our choice, not by pressure from our mortgage company or other pressing economic factors. Basically, it's because my mom lives about 30 minutes away and is deteriorating in her health and is needing more help. Her moving closer to us is non-negotiable, so we want to move closer to her. Also, I average driving 80 miles a day to get my kids to and from their activities and other things, in a Suburban that gets 14.8 mpg. We are so grateful that we have the blessing of time and patience on our side, but any additional support and prayer from the hive would be greatly appreciated!

You're on the list! :D