Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Sharon in SC (carrying cost of two homes, concurrently)

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Tarheel Heather

Brigitte (townhouse in Asheville, NC; needs to sell within the month to avoid renting!)

Battlemaiden (facing renting her home immediately except for a timely sale!)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

Newbie (needs to get her extra home prepped for renting ASAP)

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Dianne in TX

TeaTotaler (needs wisdom to know whether or not to wait for the sale of her home before joining dh elsewhere or move/rent with dh before the sale of the house; obviously, a quick sale would be wonderful and very directive!)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

coffeefreak (dh is without a job at the moment and they need to be housefree to be free to relocate when a job is secured)

Contracts pending:

None

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We, too, are trying to sell our house and would appreciate prayer! Sorry I didn't post in the original post. Our situation is such that we have the house we'd like to purchase picked out -- we need an offer on our place to then go offer on their place (to see if they will come down as low as we need them to). Thanks!

Would you mind adding us to the list of prayers needed. We called the realtor Saturday and have an appt. on Friday for the realtor to come by and take pictures...Prayerfully the house will be on the MLS by early next week. We are not desperate to sell RIGHT NOW, but feel it necessary to be out from under the house before the Air Force moves us again...probably in Feb.

Sharon.

I was just thinking you should be called* the home whisperer*. Here is praying for the inspection tomorrow. Perhaps bake some cookies, they say just the smell puts people in good mood.

I always take goodies to meeting I go to. I guess you could call it bribery. Just a thought.

And no updates on house. We are trying but just not getting through baby steps. That house has a weird energy.. It never wants to let us go.

Jet

Would we be able to include my parents on this prayer list? They have had their house in southern NH on the market since December. They are trying to move out to where we live in IL to be closer to our family, which is something we are all just so looking forward to. It is hard to be patient, but we trust in the Lord's timing. In fact, we learned today, that my grandpa (who lives 5 min from my parents) has been given 2 to 4 weeks to live; I believe that this could be why my parents' house has yet to sell. God knew they needed to be there for him.

Thanks, Sharon, for starting this thread - I'm sorry I missed the earlier thread. I will keep each and every one of you in prayer, and look forward to sharing in praises with you when your homes sell!

We no longer have a contract and our home is back on the market. Update here: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=387019#post387019

I'm sorry....I know it's frustrating and will be praying for you and all. Disappointment is really just His appointment. (I know it's pithy, but it's still true.)

I somehow missed the first run-through on this as well. Would love to add our house sale to the list. Thanks, Debbie

Just a month so I feel a little sheepish even putting it out there. But it's weird how anxious I have gotten even just in that short amount of time.

Thank you so much for adding me to the list.

Oh, puhlease!!! :tongue_smilie: Every last one of us feel your mental anguish and completely understand the desire for prayer cover. Whether your home is being prepped for the market, went on the market today, or has been there a month or a year, prayer over the sale is important! :)

Oh, puhlease!!! :tongue_smilie: Every last one of us feel your mental anguish and completely understand the desire for prayer cover. Whether your home is being prepped for the market, went on the market today, or has been there a month or a year, prayer over the sale is important! :)

Thank you for that...I really appreciate it (and really glad to know how to spell "please" so that it sounds like "puhlease"!)

Anyhow, what a great idea to start this...looking forward to seeing where this goes for everyone!

Would you mind adding us to the list, too?

Dh has been living and working in OK since February, and we miss him terribly. The Lord has brought us the opportunity to move out there, even though our current house is not sold yet. We can continue holding both mortgages, but only for months, not long-term.

So having said all that.. our house has been for sale since February and we've hardly had anyone look at it because of some ridiculous rumor that it is haunted, of all things. :001_huh: We live in a rural area where gossip and superstition seem to abound, so this seems to be a difficult obstacle to overcome. We've dropped the price significantly, but still no takers.

Can you especially remember August 3rd in your prayers? Our realtor is attempting an open house with special offer if a deal is signed that day. We believe this may be our best chance at showing everyone what a big, beautiful house this really is!

I know that the Lord has a plan for reuniting our family, and I truly appreciate any prayers made on our behalf.

I just now felt it would be helpful to indicate which members of this list happen to be carrying two mortgages because of their home on the market - not because their need is necessarily any greater but because it would help us in our prayer time to pray more specifically as we trust the Lord to cover *all* financial bases until the homes sell.

I just now felt it would be helpful to indicate which members of this list happen to be carrying two mortgages because of their home on the market - not because their need is necessarily any greater but because it would help us in our prayer time to pray more specifically as we trust the Lord to cover *all* financial bases until the homes sell.

Thankfully dh's employer carries the mortgage on the other home. We pay the HOA dues, and utilities.

Update and praise report on Tarheel Heather (Heather, I hope you don't mind my linking your recent good news here in an effort to help everyone follow the trial and praise over the course of this thread while everyone waits to see what the Lord is doing in each of our lives!):

Recently, Heather posted (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42357) about having received discouraging counsel from her REA regarding the pricing of her home. In the last few days, in what I believe is direct answer to prayer, she received all the direction we were trusting for as a result of that circumstance! Heather, I rejoice with you and am so very thankful!!! (good news in this post: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43216)

PTL!!!

sharon

Sharon,

I just wanted to stop in and say "HI" and give :grouphug: to you! I am so sorry that the buyer backed out, but truly trust that a better situation will come your way SOON!

I continue to keep everyone on the list in my daily prayers, this thread has been such a blessing!

We are in process of packing boxes and trying to get things organized. We will pick up the moving truck on Monday and get everything packed.

The telecommuting agreement went through without a hitch :D , so I will be working from my new office (3rd bedroom of our apt.) effective 7/28.

The song that I heard at church in the midst of all of the chaos that has held me through this whole process is "Do not be afraid I am with you, I have called you each by name, come and follow me, I will bring you home, I love you and you are mine".

I will be out of touch Monday-Thursday, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone here!

Diane

Sharon,

I just wanted to stop in and say "HI" and give :grouphug: to you! I am so sorry that the buyer backed out, but truly trust that a better situation will come your way SOON!

I continue to keep everyone on the list in my daily prayers, this thread has been such a blessing!

We are in process of packing boxes and trying to get things organized. We will pick up the moving truck on Monday and get everything packed.

The telecommuting agreement went through without a hitch :D , so I will be working from my new office (3rd bedroom of our apt.) effective 7/28.

The song that I heard at church in the midst of all of the chaos that has held me through this whole process is "Do not be afraid I am with you, I have called you each by name, come and follow me, I will bring you home, I love you and you are mine".

I will be out of touch Monday-Thursday, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone here!

Diane

Diane, thank you for this note. I am so thankful that you will be out of touch Monday-Thurs because that will mean that your house is SOLD and you are in transition to your new place!!!! :D Thank you for your continued prayers on the rest of our behalves. Meanwhile, we rejoice in your sale!

Update on my home:

We had an encouraging day....

The long and short of it is our REA scheduled an open house this afternoon from 1-3pm. Honestly, I did not look for much of anything to come of it as everything I've read about open houses is that they're plus/minus in terms of fruitfulness with the internet being such a prime opportunity to view a house on the inside. I appreciated my REA's efforts and that was about the extent of it in terms of my expectations. She called us while leaving the house and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at what she had to share. (You know, the ability of God to do immeasureably more than we can imagine? :-).

The first of the two hours went by fairly uneventful. One party toured through. However, in the second hour she said it's as if the floodgates were opened. The cul de sac was full of cars. A total of 7 parties came in to see the house and here's the synopsis:

1) 3 of those 7 have other homes to sell first. My REA verbalized she does not expect our home to still be on the market by the time they get contracts on theirs. In any case, at least one of them said that, if it is, they *will* be putting an offer on it. (My prayer here is that if by chance one of these folks *are* the right buyer, then God shows His hand to them mightily and brings forth their offer on their home expediently).

2) 2 of the 7 specifically said they came by because they saw on realtor.com that we're putting a new roof on the house. While I've not second guessed our decision to do the roof, I view this as confirmation that we're doing the right thing.

3) *All* of the feedback from all 7 parties was positive. I appreciate that encouragement just about now.

It probably goes without saying but this turnout to an open house was very encouraging. :-) As always, thank you for your precious prayers on our behalf as we continue to watch and witness the glory of the Lord revealed in the sale of this home.

2) 2 of the 7 specifically said they came by because they saw on realtor.com that we're putting a new roof on the house. While I've not second guessed our decision to do the roof, I view this as confirmation that we're doing the right thing.

How much of the new roof will be paid for by the earnest money of the guy who backed out? (Roughly, I mean, and I'm not trying to be nosy, so if this is TOO nosy of a question, please just pretend you didn't see this post. :001_smile:)

All of it. I would like to add, though, as dh and I were talking tonight and as I was careful to communicate to him (the buyer) via our REAs - our preference was NOT to keep his earnest $ but to sell him our house. With him backing out and, utlimately, causing us to forfeit the other party in the multiple offer case scenario, well....here we are. :-}

Yes, but as I said in my edited post above yours, we'd really have preferred to just sell him the house. Alas, earnest $ is there for a reason. Except for his terms being what they were, who knows - we may have opted to take the other family's offer, kwim? In any case, we continue to traverse this journey....thanks for posting, Pam.

Guest kacifl

Condo update: there are now five condo's on the market. My daughter's and four others! Can't be upset, I know that they were afraid, as well. I've since found out, that the area isn't a bad area at all. Just one of those things... apparently the bad guys followed her home from a meeting.

However, the other girls are still living in their homes. My daughter is too afraid to go back.

Thanks 'House/condo whisperer for starting this link. Kaci in Fl

Sharon, what a whirlwind of a week you've had! I'm still praying and praising for everybody in this thread. And it was nice to come back and find updates, although I still look forward to the day when you post your "sold" post! ;)

{{hugs}}

Dy

We have an update and praise.. No, unfortunately our house here in TN is not yet sold -- please, ladies, I ask your prayers for our open house Aug 3rd!

However, God has seen fit to provide us with a way to get back together as a family. We were able to purchase a small farm in OK, but were really unsure how long we could continue to make payments on both properties.

PTL, dh's employer has insisted on paying for our OK home until this one sells! Obviously we are thrilled! I have a total of three days to finish my packing before dh and co. arrive with vehicles to move us in.

I will continue to remember all of us on this list in prayer. Thanks for the chance to share! :)

Could I add a friend to the list? She homeschools and they are trying to sell their house in Northern NJ so they can move to Southern NJ (by me :0)

Please keep them in your prayers that their house sells and that they are able to find the home that is perfect for them.

Thanks so much!

Deb in NJ

Hi!

We are finally here and mostly unpacked! It has been a crazy week for us, but everything went pretty smoothly.

The house is sold, we received $2,800 at closing (as my husband would say, "not much, but at least it's better than a sharp stick in the eye") and we managed to get everything packed and out of the house on time! There were a few "hiccups" in the process (couldn't close at our scheduled time because the lender still needed some documents from the buyer, they messed up the amount that was coming back to us- originally they told us 5,100 but then 1 hr before closing they changed it to $2,800, and I was making phone calls on the day of the move trying to get rid of two toddler beds and our washer and dryer- the neighbor we thought was going to take it happened to be out of town that week.)

We arrived safely in Albuquerque on Wednesday and are enjoying our 3 bedroom apt (our master bedroom/closet here is actually bigger than we had in our house...Whoo Hoo!)

I continue to keep everyone in my prayers for quick and smooth house sale and appreciate all of the prayers that came my way during this process!

Diane

PS - We are within 5 miles of a Trader Joe's and Whole foods...I could not be happier ;)

Could you please add us too? When our house sells we will finally be able to join my husband who is at his new duty station already. He is just about to die of loneliness and separation anxiety!! He calls me about 5 times a day to tell me how much he misses me and the kids. He's in Georgia and we're in Oklahoma.

Would you add me to the list?

We have a house in Missouri that we desperately need to sell. Currently, we have a family member living there, sometimes they pay rent, other times they have a myriad of excuses why they can't come up with it. They keep the house in exceptional condition and it has good curb appeal. That is about the only thing going for us - and we expect to take a large loss just to get out from under this mortgage. The house will go on the market in the next week or two.

Thanks,

Mary

New names added to the list...

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Sharon in SC (carrying cost of two homes, concurrently)

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Tarheel Heather

Brigitte (townhouse in Asheville, NC; is taking active steps to rent this unit out unless an offer should come through SOON on a showing from last week)

Battlemaiden (facing renting her home immediately except for a timely sale!)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

Newbie (needs to get her extra home prepped for renting ASAP)

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Dianne in TX

TeaTotaler (needs wisdom to know whether or not to wait for the sale of her home before joining dh elsewhere or move/rent with dh before the sale of the house; obviously, a quick sale would be wonderful and very directive!)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

coffeefreak (dh is without a job at the moment and they need to be housefree to be free to relocate when a job is secured)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Mary in NJ

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Contracts pending:

None

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

My dh was told about this by his dad. My fil was speaking with a friend who works at a bank. You can voluntarily turn your keys over to the bank, it's not a foreclosure, doesn't go on your credit, the banks save money from not having to to set aside money for the sale of the home. You basically hand your property deed over to the bank. My father-in-law was told that not many know they can do this but it is becoming more common now due to the state of the housing market.

Just wanted to pass this along as a last resort option for some to look into. Dh's company will only make two more payments, we hope by lowering the price that it will sell withing the next two months.

ETA- legal speak

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. Homeowners often will be tempted to turn over their deed to the creditor instead of fighting the foreclosure. This is generally a good idea only if the borrower will receive something from the creditor in return for saving it the trouble of foreclosing. Fore example, if the home’s value exceeds the amount of the indebtedness, the homeowner may want to ask the creditor to agree not to seek further collection remedies. Some lenders will even agree to pay a small amount of cash for a deed in lieu in order to help the homeowner move. However, by turning over the deed to the mortgage holder, the consumer may forfeit any right to equity in the home. Similarly, the consumer may have valid claims or defenses against the creditor that would be lost by turning over the deed. If the consumer does offer the creditor a deed in lieu of foreclosure, make sure that there is a written agreement giving them sufficient time to vacate the premises in order to find alternative housing and move in an orderly fashion.

However, God has seen fit to provide us with a way to get back together as a family. We were able to purchase a small farm in OK, but were really unsure how long we could continue to make payments on both properties.

PTL, dh's employer has insisted on paying for our OK home until this one sells! Obviously we are thrilled! I have a total of three days to finish my packing before dh and co. arrive with vehicles to move us in.

I will continue to remember all of us on this list in prayer. Thanks for the chance to share! :)

I rejoice with you in this praise! Be enouraged by the thought that God doesn't do anything halfway - just as he has this detail under His control, He also has the sale of your home under control! :)

Could you please add us too? When our house sells we will finally be able to join my husband who is at his new duty station already. He is just about to die of loneliness and separation anxiety!! He calls me about 5 times a day to tell me how much he misses me and the kids. He's in Georgia and we're in Oklahoma.

Oh, Misty. :grouphug: Truly, may God's Kingdom purposes be established in your family's life!