Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

Susan -

If it's any consolation (though probably not) - our home was shown almost constantly from June-October (1-2x/week) and not ONE SHOWING since then. We have one tomorrow and one on Monday.

Hang in there. Probably, my best guess? You won't see any serious traffic until early February. Housing is slow from Nov-Jan anyways - the credit crunch is only making it worse. I'm not expecting to see any serious activity until then, myself.

:grouphug:

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susan -

If it's any consolation (though probably not) - our home was shown almost constantly from June-October (1-2x/week) and not ONE SHOWING since then. We have one tomorrow and one on Monday.

Hang in there. Probably, my best guess? You won't see any serious traffic until early February. Housing is slow from Nov-Jan anyways - the credit crunch is only making it worse. I'm not expecting to see any serious activity until then, myself.

That's good news Heather. At least you are getting showings this time of year. I do hope something happens for you quickly!

Susan -

Yes, I'd say it IS some consolation - at least it's not just us! On the bright side, we saw a truck stop in front of our house today. The driver was holding a sheet of paper and was looking at our house. Drove by again slowly and then left. At least he was LOOKING! :D

On the bright side, we saw a truck stop in front of our house today. The driver was holding a sheet of paper and was looking at our house. Drove by again slowly and then left. At least he was LOOKING! :D

Heh. When the kids and I see this, we start chanting, "Buy. Our. House! Buy. Our. House!" It's pretty funny - but it obviously hasn't worked yet!

Haven't gotten feedback on yesterday's showing - but they took a brochure and a CD of information on our home. One more showing tomorrow at 9 a.m. We dropped the price 5K as of tonight, and if nothing happens we're going to pull it off the market until the end of January.

Prayer needed now, please. Ladies, I'm fighting discouragement in a big way today and would appreciate prayer cover. We need clear direction from the Lord, we need confidence that His will is being established in whatever we do with the circumstances as they stand right now, and we need him to uphold us by His righteous right hand.

In the face of a buyer with remorse and the need to sell this house sooner than later, we've bent over backwards (financially and physically) to meet his every desire. We forfeited $22K in the name of getting to a price he would agree to. We've committed to fixing every blasted little thing wrong with this 20yo house to meet his demands. The one thing we felt we could draw the line on was replacing the 20yo HVAC (disclosed before he ever made an offer but carrying a 12 mo home warranty in the contract) in light of the fact that we'd already conceded so much financially and that this home, otherwise, has a brand new roof, brand new never been used appliances, brand new carpet, new paint job throughout, newly refinished hardwoods, etc, etc, etc. Our line leaves us $4 apart and that still means an additional $600 out of our pocket.

We got the word today it's a no go for him. He wants the house only if we replace the HVAC and the $600 window repair (4 of our 20yo windows have a break in the seal of the double panes) and sell it to him for the already greatly reduced contract price. Meanwhile, a $12 shower faucet repair turned into a $990 plumber bill, 3 holes cut in the house that have to be filled/repainted (2 in the wall, 1 in a ceiling), and a ceiling that has to be repainted due to a water leak from the fiasco over the weekend!!

Calgon, take me away.

This "buyer's market" really. bites. Our dilemma tonight - do we let this guy go 'cause he wants the sun, the moon, and the stars for a song and hope for a better situation around the bend or do we allow him another $4k of our investment in this home in the name of getting out (warm buyer at the table versus two in the bush)? For all I know, he may not still want it. Our last word to him today was that we would sell our him for $4k more if we had to put a new HVAC in.

FWIW, the homes in our area of basically appreciated for about 1% while the majority of the country's homes have tanked in price. Our area was cited #4 I think in a list of 25 best places to live for real estate in the latest Smart Money magazine. Basically, while homes have taken longer to sell, they've held their value. It's been in the last two months, though, that there has been a decrease in price. Things may be heading down or they may be leveling out. I don't have any way of knowing.

Please share your thoughts. We're too numb to know which end is up just now. :-{

(Just to recap for those not totally familiar with our saga - this is the second offer in 5 months on the market. What does it take to reach a close these days?!)

Ohhhh. . . . .Sharon . . . . . . . .

How long can you continue in your current situation, holding the two mortgages? Can you wait until February or March?

I think you're right. Sounds like this guy has buyer's remorse, and is looking for an out. Here's my question for you: 20 years from now, how much will that $4K affect you? Can you let it go, take the loss, and not be bitter at God or this buyer?

Just random thought from your friend who hasn't heard "boo" from either realtor from the two weekend showings. But ah, my house is NICE and CLEAN!

Our pastor preached a PHENOMENAL sermon on Sunday - Dealing with Disappointment. It was a study on Exodus 15, where the Israelites were grumbling against Moses, and against God. They had been 3 days with no water, and arrived at Marah , only to find the water bitter. Moses cried out to the Lord, and He showed him a tree to throw in the water - the water turned sweet. Pastor B. pointed out that the tree was an O.T. "type" of the cross of Christ - and the overall principle? The disappointments in our lives can be made sweet if we apply the cross of Christ to them.

Look for a way to glorify God in your attitude. Praise Him with tears streaming down your cheeks and pain in your heart. Praise Him that you have an eternal home in heaven, and that this light and momentary affliction is producing for you an eternal weight of glory. Bless His name in front of your children. Let them see your trust in Him, even when you are confused and aching.

I'm headed to bed. Know that I will be lifting you up tonight.

What a wonderful thread!

Would you add us to this list? DH accepted a job today, and we have an appointment with the realtor to take pics on Friday to list the house ASAP. We moved here in Feb, and now have to relocate again. DH will start his new job almost 1000 miles away on Dec 1.

Sharon - Will pray that you awake with a clear mind!

11/24 Update - SOLD!!!!

Originally Posted by Sharon in SC

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

HeatherH (needs to sell to reunite family with dh)

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Drama Queen (needs to decide whether or not to keep home on the market in light of 90 day extensions currently being afforded them by the mortage company)

Dianne in TX

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Sunshine

Kristavws (needs to sell her vacant rental property)

Elaine (needs to sell to join husband elsewhere)

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Serendipity (home in Texas)

Joyful Mama (needs to sell due to job relocation 1000 miles away)

Contracts pending:

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Sharon in SC now has only one home in her possession!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! :-D

Homes currently being rented:

Brigitte

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Edited by Sharon in SC

What a wonderful thread!

Would you add us to this list? DH accepted a job today, and we have an appointment with the realtor to take pics on Friday to list the house ASAP. We moved here in Feb, and now have to relocate again. DH will start his new job almost 1000 miles away on Dec 1.

Sharon - Will pray that you awake with a clear mind!

You're on the list! Trusting God's Kingdom purposes are established in your life.....

Thank you for your prayers, too.

Ohhhh. . . . .Sharon . . . . . . . .

How long can you continue in your current situation, holding the two mortgages? Can you wait until February or March?

I think you're right. Sounds like this guy has buyer's remorse, and is looking for an out. Here's my question for you: 20 years from now, how much will that $4K affect you? Can you let it go, take the loss, and not be bitter at God or this buyer?

Just random thought from your friend who hasn't heard "boo" from either realtor from the two weekend showings. But ah, my house is NICE and CLEAN!

Our pastor preached a PHENOMENAL sermon on Sunday - Dealing with Disappointment. It was a study on Exodus 15, where the Israelites were grumbling against Moses, and against God. They had been 3 days with no water, and arrived at Marah , only to find the water bitter. Moses cried out to the Lord, and He showed him a tree to throw in the water - the water turned sweet. Pastor B. pointed out that the tree was an O.T. "type" of the cross of Christ - and the overall principle? The disappointments in our lives can be made sweet if we apply the cross of Christ to them.

Look for a way to glorify God in your attitude. Praise Him with tears streaming down your cheeks and pain in your heart. Praise Him that you have an eternal home in heaven, and that this light and momentary affliction is producing for you an eternal weight of glory. Bless His name in front of your children. Let them see your trust in Him, even when you are confused and aching.

I'm headed to bed. Know that I will be lifting you up tonight.

Thank you, Heather, for your words of encouragement. To answer your questions - I don't know how long we can continue with the two mortgages. All I know is that we've been doing so for more than two years now. Simply put - God has been faithful to provide. That's all I know to say. That said - we could probably take the loss knowing the Lord would make up the difference. As for bitterness towards God - no way. He's proven Himself too faithful to question His love or His power. Towards the buyer - now that's what I have to guard my heart against. :tongue_smilie:

Update:

Long story short - it will cost us $4100 to meet our buyer's demands. If we let him walk and unless we can close with someone else by 12/31 (pretty unlikely), we'll owe an extra $2600 in taxes and another $800-900 in monthly expenses on the place. That leaves a remaining balance of $650 or so. Right now, peace of mind is worth something and unless we closed by middle of January we'd be paying that out ($650) anyway.

This buyer is still interested in the purchase on his terms (something we weren't sure of 'til a phone call was placed this morning). Closing will be rescheduled 'til next week due to lawyer schedules (which gives us time to deal with the plumbing fiasco). We feel it in *our* best interest to do what we can to make it work. (Warm buyer at the table and all that...).

(Incidentally, we have absolutely no desire to rent this home - it is in such pristine condition that thought of someone getting in there and mucking it all up is not appealing. at all.)

I do want to be quick to say that our decision here is rooted solely in the fact that the economy is what it is and this buyer's market bites. hard. Except for that, we'd have stuck to our guns and told this guy bye and good riddance!!!!

Thanks, all, for your prayers. You have mine.

Prayer needed now, please. Ladies, I'm fighting discouragement in a big way today and would appreciate prayer cover. We need clear direction from the Lord, we need confidence that His will is being established in whatever we do with the circumstances as they stand right now, and we need him to uphold us by His righteous right hand.

In the face of a buyer with remorse and the need to sell this house sooner than later, we've bent over backwards (financially and physically) to meet his every desire. We forfeited $22K in the name of getting to a price he would agree to. We've committed to fixing every blasted little thing wrong with this 20yo house to meet his demands. The one thing we felt we could draw the line on was replacing the 20yo HVAC (disclosed before he ever made an offer but carrying a 12 mo home warranty in the contract) in light of the fact that we'd already conceded so much financially and that this home, otherwise, has a brand new roof, brand new never been used appliances, brand new carpet, new paint job throughout, newly refinished hardwoods, etc, etc, etc. Our line leaves us $4 apart and that still means an additional $600 out of our pocket.

We got the word today it's a no go for him. He wants the house only if we replace the HVAC and the $600 window repair (4 of our 20yo windows have a break in the seal of the double panes) and sell it to him for the already greatly reduced contract price. Meanwhile, a $12 shower faucet repair turned into a $990 plumber bill, 3 holes cut in the house that have to be filled/repainted (2 in the wall, 1 in a ceiling), and a ceiling that has to be repainted due to a water leak from the fiasco over the weekend!!

Calgon, take me away.

This "buyer's market" really. bites. Our dilemma tonight - do we let this guy go 'cause he wants the sun, the moon, and the stars for a song and hope for a better situation around the bend or do we allow him another $4k of our investment in this home in the name of getting out (warm buyer at the table versus two in the bush)? For all I know, he may not still want it. Our last word to him today was that we would sell our him for $4k more if we had to put a new HVAC in.

FWIW, the homes in our area of basically appreciated for about 1% while the majority of the country's homes have tanked in price. Our area was cited #4 I think in a list of 25 best places to live for real estate in the latest Smart Money magazine. Basically, while homes have taken longer to sell, they've held their value. It's been in the last two months, though, that there has been a decrease in price. Things may be heading down or they may be leveling out. I don't have any way of knowing.

Please share your thoughts. We're too numb to know which end is up just now. :-{

(Just to recap for those not totally familiar with our saga - this is the second offer in 5 months on the market. What does it take to reach a close these days?!)

Sharon,

I know what you are feeling. We anguished for days over the decision that we needed to make. Much prayer went into the decision to even sell our house because we had a family member living in it rent free (their decision not to pay - not ours). Once we felt God had a plan for selling this house, we moved forward with finding a realtor. She started showing the house immediately and many people were interested, but there were damages caused by our family member that were not repaired. We quickly laid out much money to have them repaired, thinking that this would be the end of spending any extra money on the house. The first people who saw the house after the repairs were completed put a contract on the house. We were elated!

The rest of the story did not go well, because the contract was not written properly to reflect that we (the owner's) had to pay their (the buyer's) closing costs, their down payment, etc. In the end, we began having bitter feelings toward the buyer. We felt that it was their fault for wanting a bottom dollar bargin house with up-to-date appliances, new insultated windows, new sump pump, and they wanted the washer and dryer left behind, not to mention the playset and the trampoline, and "Oh, by the way, how about the lawn mower and all the things in the shed out back." We were feeling like we were being pushed to the limit.

We committed the house and contract to prayer. In the end, we did lose money on the house. However, we no longer have the worry about the house needing repairs, will the family member who was living there decide to pay the rent this month, what if the house depreciates even more, what will happen to the house sitting empty while waiting for a contract, plus we live 15 hours away from the house.

Sometimes we think that God is involved only when we financially benefit from the sell of a property. We know that God intervened to make the house sell quickly in a very difficult time. He changed the hearts of the realtors who gave up a portion of their commision to make the deal work. The buyer's hearts softened and said that they understood if we could not leave the playset and trampoline. The buyer's agent said that he knew we were already digging deep into our pockets to sell the house and made a concession. God was actively working through everyone to get the house sold.

We have a peace about the amount of money we lost. God has faithfully met our needs, and we have not done without anything that we trully need. The bitterness that was beginning to take root in our hearts toward the buyer's is gone. God will provide for us and we fully trust in Him to meet our every need, even though we no longer have our financial "safety net" in the bank.

If you lose money on this deal, but release the burden of a second house, it could still be in God's plan. It could still be to His glory. The second house concerns can take up a large part of your thoughts, I know that it did for me and my husband.

We pray that you will have clear direction on what needs to be done. Be strong my dear sister in Christ. I will commit to hold you up in prayer.

Mary

Sharon,

I know what you are feeling. We anguished for days over the decision that we needed to make. Much prayer went into the decision to even sell our house because we had a family member living in it rent free (their decision not to pay - not ours). Once we felt God had a plan for selling this house, we moved forward with finding a realtor. She started showing the house immediately and many people were interested, but there were damages caused by our family member that were not repaired. We quickly laid out much money to have them repaired, thinking that this would be the end of spending any extra money on the house. The first people who saw the house after the repairs were completed put a contract on the house. We were elated!

The rest of the story did not go well, because the contract was not written properly to reflect that we (the owner's) had to pay their (the buyer's) closing costs, their down payment, etc. In the end, we began having bitter feelings toward the buyer. We felt that it was their fault for wanting a bottom dollar bargin house with up-to-date appliances, new insultated windows, new sump pump, and they wanted the washer and dryer left behind, not to mention the playset and the trampoline, and "Oh, by the way, how about the lawn mower and all the things in the shed out back." We were feeling like we were being pushed to the limit.

We committed the house and contract to prayer. In the end, we did lose money on the house. However, we no longer have the worry about the house needing repairs, will the family member who was living there decide to pay the rent this month, what if the house depreciates even more, what will happen to the house sitting empty while waiting for a contract, plus we live 15 hours away from the house.

Sometimes we think that God is involved only when we financially benefit from the sell of a property. We know that God intervened to make the house sell quickly in a very difficult time. He changed the hearts of the realtors who gave up a portion of their commision to make the deal work. The buyer's hearts softened and said that they understood if we could not leave the playset and trampoline. The buyer's agent said that he knew we were already digging deep into our pockets to sell the house and made a concession. God was actively working through everyone to get the house sold.

We have a peace about the amount of money we lost. God has faithfully met our needs, and we have not done without anything that we trully need. The bitterness that was beginning to take root in our hearts toward the buyer's is gone. God will provide for us and we fully trust in Him to meet our every need, even though we no longer have our financial "safety net" in the bank.

If you lose money on this deal, but release the burden of a second house, it could still be in God's plan. It could still be to His glory. The second house concerns can take up a large part of your thoughts, I know that it did for me and my husband.

We pray that you will have clear direction on what needs to be done. Be strong my dear sister in Christ. I will commit to hold you up in prayer.

Mary

Thank you, Mary, for your encouraging testimony. Despite my venting over the frustrations with this particular buyer, I truly am feeling praise for the fact that we have a buyer. The revelation of God's glory may not be what I envisioned but I am convinced He's completely at work, nonetheless. Certainly, we can't forget the $10K in earnest $ we acquired back in July. That counts towards the proceeds of the house! :001_smile:

To Him Be the Glory and the Honor!

I am thankful you have a contract on table, even with all the trouble and frustrations. In the end it will be worth it to not have the worry about the house and 2 mortgages.

We have had our house listed since July with only one look at it. We are starting to be concerned that it will be time to move and we will have to leave the house empty or to be rented out. We REALLY don't want to have to rent it out, that is very scary for us to think about. We have to rest in the Lord and know that His will is best for us.

I am thankful you have a contract on table, even with all the trouble and frustrations. In the end it will be worth it to not have the worry about the house and 2 mortgages.

We have had our house listed since July with only one look at it. We are starting to be concerned that it will be time to move and we will have to leave the house empty or to be rented out. We REALLY don't want to have to rent it out, that is very scary for us to think about. We have to rest in the Lord and know that His will is best for us.

It is easy to sound "ungrateful" when ventilating about a buyer who truly does appear to want a like new home for a "fix er up" price. In light of all that we've done to this home (monetarily and physically) to leave it in the awesome condition it is in, the frustration with him is real but I can honestly say that I have the greatest peace today after our decision to cut our losses and sell to him anyway for the reason you cite here - the peace of mind in seeing it gone.

One thing I know -absolutely too much prayer has covered the sale of this home for me to believe anything other than that God's purposes are being established even if I don't understand. We've, unexpectedly, carried the two homes for greater than two years now. It finally went on the market this June. Within 5 weeks (in a better market) we had a multiple offer situation which, much to our dismay, fell flat forcing us to face this economy that is going bust. Without my confidence in the Lord, I'd lose my mind. With that confidence ('cause He's proven Himself too faithful to believe anything to the contrary), I have to rest in knowing that He'll continue to be our all in all. It's times like these that we have to remember that age old analogy - He sees the tapestry from the finished side. We see the side with the threads' ends.

Of one thing I am most certain, my friend. Whatever decisions you will face in the future regarding your home, God will "guide you and direct you, counsel you and watch over you, instruct you and show you the way you're to go." He's really terrific at this! :)

Blessings and :grouphug: from someone who knows firsthand about His faithfulness to direct. I experienced it today.

Sharon

Edited by Sharon in SC

Absolutely! I hope I didn't sound brash or upset over your blessing. That was not the way I intended at all. I'm glad you have peace in the decision.

As I was reading your message a thought "came" to me. I can see myself as a doubting Thomas. I have taken my eyes off God and His plan and placed them on my/our circumstances. Nothing that is happening right now is a surprise to God. As you said, He see's the Tapestry from the finished side, I am seeing each individual thread as it is woven. Thanks for the reminder to keep my eyes on The Lord above!

Absolutely! I hope I didn't sound brash or upset over your blessing. That was not the way I intended at all. I'm glad you have peace in the decision.

As I was reading your message a thought "came" to me. I can see myself as a doubting Thomas. I have taken my eyes off God and His plan and placed them on my/our circumstances. Nothing that is happening right now is a surprise to God. As you said, He see's the Tapestry from the finished side, I am seeing each individual thread as it is woven. Thanks for the reminder to keep my eyes on The Lord above!

Oh, my mercy, no. I did not take your message any other way than what I believe you intended it - to be an encouragement. I just know that it is at least possible I might have come across as unthankful and I wanted to just clarify my heart. :)

Your Thomas testimonial reminds me of something I've had to do in recent weeks. I likened myself to Peter and how he handled Jesus' instruction to get out of the boat and walk on the water to meet Him. Every morning in recent days I've had to remind myself, as I get out of bed, to "keep my eyes on Jesus" (and off of the circumstances) for it is when Peter did this that he walked victoriously on the water.

Take a stroll on the waters this evening dear friend. The Lord hears your heartcry and is already actively at work on your behalf to manage these affairs of your life. Of that I am so very certain!

Hi,

We have had our home for sale for 73 days here in the DFW area and only 2 people have seen the house. Our family prays about the sale of our home daily but this morning I started to feel anxious and worried about the whole situation. I knelt before the LORD and prayed that he would comfort me and give me peace while we continue to wait. He lead me to these verses that I want to share with all of you who are going through the same ordeal.

John 16:23-33

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

My hope is that His words may bring you comfort today and give you strength to continue the journey.....

May God Bless You

Hi,

We have had our home for sale for 73 days here in the DFW area and only 2 people have seen the house. Our family prays about the sale of our home daily but this morning I started to feel anxious and worried about the whole situation. I knelt before the LORD and prayed that he would comfort me and give me peace while we continue to wait. He lead me to these verses that I want to share with all of you who are going through the same ordeal.

John 16:23-33

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

My hope is that His words may bring you comfort today and give you strength to continue the journey.....

May God Bless You

This was very encouraging! Thank you for taking the time to share. It is my hope that all on this homes to sell list will find comfort in these words today.

BTW, would you like us to add your home to the list? :)

Update:

Long story short - it will cost us $4100 to meet our buyer's demands. If we let him walk and unless we can close with someone else by 12/31 (pretty unlikely), we'll owe an extra $2600 in taxes and another $800-900 in monthly expenses on the place. That leaves a remaining balance of $650 or so. Right now, peace of mind is worth something and unless we closed by middle of January we'd be paying that out ($650) anyway.

This buyer is still interested in the purchase on his terms (something we weren't sure of 'til a phone call was placed this morning). Closing will be rescheduled 'til next week due to lawyer schedules (which gives us time to deal with the plumbing fiasco). We feel it in *our* best interest to do what we can to make it work. (Warm buyer at the table and all that...).

(Incidentally, we have absolutely no desire to rent this home - it is in such pristine condition that thought of someone getting in there and mucking it all up is not appealing. at all.)

I do want to be quick to say that our decision here is rooted solely in the fact that the economy is what it is and this buyer's market bites. hard. Except for that, we'd have stuck to our guns and told this guy bye and good riddance!!!!

Thanks, all, for your prayers. You have mine.

Closing is scheduled for 3:30 this coming Monday. Termite inspetion tomorrow. We're scrambling today/tonight to get the ceiling painted from the water leak!!

Pls pray for no further bumps in this journey and that things can progress well to Monday....

Sharon,

As I read through your posts of what you are currently going through with this buyer, I thought of Abraham and Lot. You remember when their herdsmen were fighting and Abraham took Lot to a high hill and allowed him to choose whatever land he wanted? And Lot looked out and chose what looked like the most lucious, well-watered valleys around. Lot -- the orphaned nephew whom Abraham had graciously taken under his wing. Abraham got the leftovers. And, if memory serves, wasn't this after Abraham had risked all to save Lot's fanny? (or maybe that was later, after Lot got the good land).

In any event, after Lot chose, God appeared to Abraham and specifically confirmed that wherever his eye could see would be his. God had such blessing in store for Abraham. Abraham was generous and humble beyond human expectation and, still, God had so much blessing for him.

Be encouraged. Take heart and thank God that He has brought a buyer. I pray that all goes well in the next few days and at closing for you and that you can look forward to the next chapter with the Lord.

Lisa

Just to keep y'all in the loop:

Feedback from Monday's showing: buyer doesn't want a yard that's a corner lot.

Feedback from Saturday's showing: buyer doesn't even HAVE a contract on their home, just looking.

We have another showing tomorrow, from 2-4:30. Will you all pray for my attitude? I'm tired and cranky. You can see my post on the General Board about that!

And, oh dear Lord, if it would please You and bring You glory. . . . . . .

would this be the one?:001_unsure:

Just to keep y'all in the loop:

Feedback from Monday's showing: buyer doesn't want a yard that's a corner lot.

Feedback from Saturday's showing: buyer doesn't even HAVE a contract on their home, just looking.

We have another showing tomorrow, from 2-4:30. Will you all pray for my attitude? I'm tired and cranky. You can see my post on the General Board about that!

And, oh dear Lord, if it would please You and bring You glory. . . . . . .

would this be the one?:001_unsure:

Heather, I've posted on the other thread.... :)

Our walk through is at 3pm today. Pls pray for peace of heart for this skittish buyer. Dh and I have worked fiendishly this past week repairing ceiling and two wall where the plumber had to go in, paint over water stains in the ceiling, and finish up the rest of this buyer's demands before he'd buy our home. :-} We're wiped. We trust he'll come through today and be pleased. Closing is at 3pm tomorrow.

Thanks to all for holding us up in prayer!

Report, Sharon? Praying for you even now, though you are likely done. . .

ETA: Another showing tomorrow! Someone moving in from out of state, his wife found our home on the internet and wants him to look at it. They haven't sold theirs yet, though. I'm starting to question the wisdom of pulling it off the market. Advice?

Edited by HeatherH

Report, Sharon? Praying for you even now, though you are likely done. . .

ETA: Another showing tomorrow! Someone moving in from out of state, his wife found our home on the internet and wants him to look at it. They haven't sold theirs yet, though. I'm starting to question the wisdom of pulling it off the market. Advice?

Thanks for asking Heather! Well, we are offically the proud owners of one home instead of the unproud owners of two! :-} The closing went well. Prior to this, 16yo dd and I, while at the old place securing stuff I'd used to stage it, went through this home where we spent 15 of her 16 years of life reminiscing room by room. It was a special, bittersweet time. We encouraged ourselves with the reminder that that home was special to us because of the memories we made together in it as a family and we have lots of more terrific memories to make at the new place. :)

As for whether or not to pull your home off the market I would ask this question - for what reason(s) would you be doing this? If it's just convenience (not having to be show ready), I'd say keep it on the market. You just never know. Again, we purchased the home we sold today in November. In any case, I'm sure you'll make a good decision.

Meanwhile, I continue to pray for all on this list!! Thank you for your prayers on behalf of me.

As for whether or not to pull your home off the market I would ask this question - for what reason(s) would you be doing this? If it's just convenience (not having to be show ready), I'd say keep it on the market. You just never know.

Well, first of all - PRAISE GOD for the closing!!! :001_smile:

Yes, that is the main reason we would take it off the market. Mainly for my sanity during the busyness that is December.

The other reason is that we would take it off, relist at 250K in mid-Jan, and lower it by 4K every week-10 days until we get to where we're at now, which is 229,900. Dh is thinking that would give us another shot at a higher price.

Well, first of all - PRAISE GOD for the closing!!! :001_smile:

Yes, that is the main reason we would take it off the market. Mainly for my sanity during the busyness that is December.

The other reason is that we would take it off, relist at 250K in mid-Jan, and lower it by 4K every week-10 days until we get to where we're at now, which is 229,900. Dh is thinking that would give us another shot at a higher price.

Thank you, Heather, for rejoicing with me who rejoices! :tongue_smilie: It is a relief to not have TWO homes to be responsible for, finally, after two years of carrying them both.

I pray with you that you guys will have every bit of wisdom you need to make a good decision on the sale of yours because I will continually pray over that right buyer to come along in the right moment for the right price!!

Ladies -

Tonight, dh and I decided to pull our house off the market (effective Thursday at midnight - that's when our current contract with REA runs out) until Feb. 1. That will give me a Much. Needed. Break. As well as a chance to regroup, maybe do some minor improvements on our upstairs bathroom, think about our moving/not moving situation, and decide on either keeping or changing realtors.

I'm *secretly* praying that we have a showing in the next two days, and a contract. That would be a Crazy Miracle! But more than likely, looking forward to a breather. . . . . .

Carry on, dear ones!

Ladies -

Tonight, dh and I decided to pull our house off the market (effective Thursday at midnight - that's when our current contract with REA runs out) until Feb. 1. That will give me a Much. Needed. Break. As well as a chance to regroup, maybe do some minor improvements on our upstairs bathroom, think about our moving/not moving situation, and decide on either keeping or changing realtors.

I'm *secretly* praying that we have a showing in the next two days, and a contract. That would be a Crazy Miracle! But more than likely, looking forward to a breather. . . . . .

Carry on, dear ones!

Heather,

Thanks for the update. I was just thinking of you yesterday! Standing with you in prayer trusting and believing that you and your dh will have the mind of Christ regarding what to do about your house!!

Blessings,

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if anyone is still keeping this list up to date....

I just wanted to ask for prayers for the sale of our home. Our realtor is having an Open House tomorrow from 11-2 Central time. We are getting closer to moving time. Dh has to be at his next duty station by the end of Feb.

Thanks for praying!

I will most definitely continue to update this thread. You have my prayers. Do keep us posted!

Update: The Open House went okĂ¢â‚¬Â¦10 Realtors came and did a walk through and filled out a Ă¢â‚¬Å“reportĂ¢â‚¬. Most of them said that house is priced too high in this market, but we are kind of stuck because we are only asking what we owe on the house. 2 of the Realtors said that we need to paint the kids bedrooms in neutral colors. We have been avoiding that, at least until we get people in to look at the house. They all liked the look of the house and said the spacious corner lot is a bonus.

Update: The Open House went okĂ¢â‚¬Â¦10 Realtors came and did a walk through and filled out a Ă¢â‚¬Å“reportĂ¢â‚¬. Most of them said that house is priced too high in this market, but we are kind of stuck because we are only asking what we owe on the house. 2 of the Realtors said that we need to paint the kids bedrooms in neutral colors. We have been avoiding that, at least until we get people in to look at the house. They all liked the look of the house and said the spacious corner lot is a bonus.

Thanks for the update. Continuing to trust with you for the right buyer, at the right time, for the right price!!!

We ran into the same thing. We knocked $36,000 off the asking price (with a short sale agreement through our mortgage company) and it still hasn't sold. We're going to end up signing the house back over in January.

Me, too!

Thanks to both of you. I think we are mostly over the trauma of losing the house, but when we have to go back out there it will probably all come back. I think back to when we started there 7 years ago and it makes me so sad - we worked so hard and for nothing, KWIM?

I wish we could keep it, but unless a miracle occurs we couldn't do it.

We've been on the market since mid-February. It is so draining. I'm ready to give up, but then I do the math. The is 100% no chance of selling if we are not on the market. The thought of taking the house off the market and starting again from the beginning later...is just too unbearable.