Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can pull us off the for sale list again. We are going to rent once more. We didn't really want this, but apparently this is what the plan is. I will keep praying for all of you and will put my house back on the market in June of 2010.

:grouphug:, Kari

Updating tonight -

We've had the usual - showings and no offers. Dh is looking for a job back here, and we decided to get a puppy!

Lo and behold, we have a showing tomorrow (Memorial Day) of all days! These folks are coming especially to see our house - their REA says they are ready to buy and very much want to see ours.

I don't know what to think. I can't even think. We've had our hopes up so many times before, and I've kind of settled myself to another year of doing the "living apart" thing. I'm having a hard time even imagining moving, choosing somewhere to live, etc. etc. My mind is jumping ahead of itself, so tonight I'm asking (if anyone reads this! ;)) that the Lord would calm my fears, and help me to trust in His perfect plan.

But we're still getting a puppy ;)

Updating tonight -

We've had the usual - showings and no offers. Dh is looking for a job back here, and we decided to get a puppy!

Lo and behold, we have a showing tomorrow (Memorial Day) of all days! These folks are coming especially to see our house - their REA says they are ready to buy and very much want to see ours.

I don't know what to think. I can't even think. We've had our hopes up so many times before, and I've kind of settled myself to another year of doing the "living apart" thing. I'm having a hard time even imagining moving, choosing somewhere to live, etc. etc. My mind is jumping ahead of itself, so tonight I'm asking (if anyone reads this! ;)) that the Lord would calm my fears, and help me to trust in His perfect plan.

But we're still getting a puppy ;)

Oh, my dear friend. :grouphug: You can count on my concerted prayer on behalf of your family. All I know to say is this - we can be so very confident that God's Kingdom purposes WILL be established tomorrow for your family and the family coming to see your home. If they are the intended buyer for whom you've waited what feels like an eternity, I pray that God will enable them to know that they've "come home" the moment they walk in the door. I pray that you and they will be in one accord from the very first event of communication. If it is not God's will that they buy your home, I pray that there be no confusion at all on their part. In any case, I pray that they'll just *know*.

In His mighty name we ask these things,

Amen

Oh, my dear friend. :grouphug: You can count on my concerted prayer on behalf of your family. All I know to say is this - we can be so very confident that God's Kingdom purposes WILL be established tomorrow for your family and the family coming to see your home. If they are the intended buyer for whom you've waited what feels like an eternity, I pray that God will enable them to know that they've "come home" the moment they walk in the door. I pray that you and they will be in one accord from the very first event of communication. If it is not God's will that they buy your home, I pray that there be no confusion at all on their part. In any case, I pray that they'll just *know*.

In His mighty name we ask these things,

Amen

Oh, yeah, I meant to add - one other thing I am very confident about - you will have what you need to do what you need to do.....*when* you need to do it. ;)

Enjoy the puppy!!!!! :D

Will be praying for peace for you tonight, Heather.

We are still praying for the Lord to move this house. Last week I pulled it off the market. I had to make the decision to list it with a property management/real estate company. As much as I didn't want to do this, a decision had to be made. We are now praying for the Lord to bring a renter or buyer. He know what we need!

Will be praying for peace for you tonight, Heather.

We are still praying for the Lord to move this house. Last week I pulled it off the market. I had to make the decision to list it with a property management/real estate company. As much as I didn't want to do this, a decision had to be made. We are now praying for the Lord to bring a renter or buyer. He know what we need!

:grouphug:

Thanks for the prayers -

And I'm sure you're dying to know (ha!) -

Once again, we were #2 on the buyer's list. They found a house for the same $$, a little less land, more updated. And - well - we're actually ok with that. We know the Lord knows what is best for us. . . . and we're trusting Him to either sell our house, or provide a job back here for dh.

I just don't think I can tell you how very, very much I appreciate you all.

Thanks for the prayers -

And I'm sure you're dying to know (ha!) -

Once again, we were #2 on the buyer's list. They found a house for the same $$, a little less land, more updated. And - well - we're actually ok with that. We know the Lord knows what is best for us. . . . and we're trusting Him to either sell our house, or provide a job back here for dh.

I just don't think I can tell you how very, very much I appreciate you all.

Heather, you know we're eager to hear your updates *and* we most definitely can appreciate your appreciation of us 'cause that's just how much we've appreciated you in our own journeys! :D

Always, trusting for His purposes to be established in all of this!!!

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone doing?

I've not been online much, due to the new puppy :)

A REA showed our house on Tuesday morning - during which time, my 16yo was running a ballet camp in our finished basement!!! Nice, young couple, both teachers.

We're on their short list. We're sending over a "reverse offer" today, and hope to hear from them by the weekend.

I have such mixed, conflicted feelings. Pray for me, that I would hold onto Jesus!

Heather, that most recent showing sounds very hopeful! Hoping your reverse offer snags a buyer!

Well, I don't think I ever officially added our home to the list, but it's under contract. We spent 3 months working our fingers (and our budget) to the bone to get our house ready for selling. We rented a storage unit and decluttered to the point of discomfort and total inconvenience. You'd never know 7 people live in this house. Then we replaced nearly everything. Carpet, paint, new tile (old was cracked in several places and couldn't be matched), new fixtures (ceiling fans, chandeliers, switch plates, door knobs, faucets, drawer pulls, shower heads, the list goes on.) We got nice faux wood 2 inch blinds for the whole house and didn't pay a penny. Blinds.com was running a special for "ships in 2 days or your order's free." After a week, I found ours hadn't shipped, so the entire purchase price was refunded. Amazing customer service, no hassle! The blinds look great. We staged the inside, worked hard on the yard, and it sold 3 days after we listed it. Even after all that work, I didn't imagine it would ever sell that fast. I'm so thankful. It could have been on for months and it wouldn't have shocked me.

If we didn't have to move, I could stay in this place for a while! My mom and dad are moving in with us for health reasons, plus we need a bit more space for our own brood. When we moved into this house, we only had 2 kids. Now we have 5. We don't need more bedroom space for our nuclear familiy because the boys share rooms (3 in one, 2 in another). We would *like* more living space, a bigger eat-in kitchen, a homeschool area, and space for my folks. We're about to be under contract with a home we've found that fits our specs and price range. I'm getting excited, but trying not to count my chickens before they hatch. I'm still two closings away (our old house and our new house) from exhaling.

How is everyone doing?

I've not been online much, due to the new puppy :)

A REA showed our house on Tuesday morning - during which time, my 16yo was running a ballet camp in our finished basement!!! Nice, young couple, both teachers.

We're on their short list. We're sending over a "reverse offer" today, and hope to hear from them by the weekend.

I have such mixed, conflicted feelings. Pray for me, that I would hold onto Jesus!

I'm heading out to serve as kids' camp nurse on Monday (having just returned from a week and a half of vacation) but wonder how things are transpiring, my friend.....

Heather, that most recent showing sounds very hopeful! Hoping your reverse offer snags a buyer!

Well, I don't think I ever officially added our home to the list, but it's under contract. We spent 3 months working our fingers (and our budget) to the bone to get our house ready for selling. We rented a storage unit and decluttered to the point of discomfort and total inconvenience. You'd never know 7 people live in this house. Then we replaced nearly everything. Carpet, paint, new tile (old was cracked in several places and couldn't be matched), new fixtures (ceiling fans, chandeliers, switch plates, door knobs, faucets, drawer pulls, shower heads, the list goes on.) We got nice faux wood 2 inch blinds for the whole house and didn't pay a penny. Blinds.com was running a special for "ships in 2 days or your order's free." After a week, I found ours hadn't shipped, so the entire purchase price was refunded. Amazing customer service, no hassle! The blinds look great. We staged the inside, worked hard on the yard, and it sold 3 days after we listed it. Even after all that work, I didn't imagine it would ever sell that fast. I'm so thankful. It could have been on for months and it wouldn't have shocked me.

If we didn't have to move, I could stay in this place for a while! My mom and dad are moving in with us for health reasons, plus we need a bit more space for our own brood. When we moved into this house, we only had 2 kids. Now we have 5. We don't need more bedroom space for our nuclear familiy because the boys share rooms (3 in one, 2 in another). We would *like* more living space, a bigger eat-in kitchen, a homeschool area, and space for my folks. We're about to be under contract with a home we've found that fits our specs and price range. I'm getting excited, but trying not to count my chickens before they hatch. I'm still two closings away (our old house and our new house) from exhaling.

Trusting for God's Kingdom purposes to be established - sounds like you're well on your way! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing at all, Sharon.

The couple decided our house was too much $$ for their budget - and they are right! It's just not a "starter" home.

We've had two more showings. Nothing. I know everyone says, "At least you're showing your house!", but it sure doesn't feel that way.

Waiting on the Lord!

Trusting for God's Kingdom purposes to be established - sounds like you're well on your way! :-D

Made it through our current home inspection and our new (to us) home inspection and all repair negotiations. We'll close on our current home July 10 or 13, and our next one July 24th.

Nothing at all, Sharon.

The couple decided our house was too much $$ for their budget - and they are right! It's just not a "starter" home.

We've had two more showings. Nothing. I know everyone says, "At least you're showing your house!", but it sure doesn't feel that way.

Waiting on the Lord!

Heather, :grouphug:!

We have just arrived in Alaska. Our home in Mississippi is sitting empty. We have it listed with a realtor to rent or sell. Please continue to pray that the Lord will bring the right family for our home. We can't afford to have it empty for very long. I know the Lord knows our needs and has a timeline before Him.....just have to wait for His timing.

We have just arrived in Alaska. Our home in Mississippi is sitting empty. We have it listed with a realtor to rent or sell. Please continue to pray that the Lord will bring the right family for our home. We can't afford to have it empty for very long. I know the Lord knows our needs and has a timeline before Him.....just have to wait for His timing.

Our precious heavenly Father is terrifically mindful of all of this and, rest assured my friend, He is *right now* at work effecting His kingdom purposes in your life! Praise His name! :D

:grouphug: Beth, I was just thinking about you yesterday -

Praying for a quick sale!

Thanks, Sharon & Heather. It has been difficult to check in much over the last month as we have been traveling. I know His ways are greater than our ways and He has a perfect plan. I just need to wait for it and join in. Thanks for thinking of me and praying for us. WTM friends are so awesome!

Heather.....have you had any luck with the sale of your home? How is your puppy doing?

What a fantastic (and long!) thread.

We just listed our house in NY and dh leaves next week to start a new job in SC. I'd like us to join him sooner rather than later and the house needs to sell for that to happen.

Our realtor sounded optimistic that we'd have immediate showings (but then, I suppose that's her job).

Thanks, everyone.

Most certainly and welcome to SC! We're in the Midlands but I was raised in the Lowcountry and find the Upstate most beautiful. To what parts of SC are you headed?

Looking forward to seeing God's will unfold in the sale of your home....

Sharon

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan (family has moved to Alaska; home in Mississippi is now vacant awaiting its new owners!)

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Sunshine

Kristavws (needs to sell her vacant rental property)

Elaine (needs to sell to join husband elsewhere)

Donna

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Serendipity (home in Texas)

Amyable (currently in throes of prepping home for market - need blessing of physical health in their endeavors)

Heide in NJ (friend of Deb in NJ)

Melanie in NJ (friend of Deb in NJ)

Heather H

dmmosher (family moved to assist elderly in-laws; need to sell the home from which they moved)

caitlinsmom

Tricia (facing possible foreclosure)

Drama Queen needs to sell trailer she's currently living in

Bigmamabird - home in Michigan has been on market for *four* years

Linda (NY home needs to sell so family can join dh in SC)

Theresa in MO (daughter/her husband need to sell their townhome to purchase first home for expanding family)

OTHER HOME RELATED REQUESTS:

Joyfulmama - post closing issues with buyer who is requesting more $; pray for peaceful resolution outside of court

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Sharon in SC now has only one home in her possession!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! :-D

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

Joyfulmama (scheduled to close 4/20, day before insurance policy runs out)

Susan in TN

Home issue resolved in another manner:

Drama Queen

Homes currently pulled off the market with plans to possibly relist:

Dianne in TX

Kari in SC

Homes currently being rented:

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Edited by Sharon in SC

:D

That's the funny thing - I don't know!

My dad took the call, since we're on vacation, and he couldn't understand the realtor's southern accent ;)

I'm guessing it's the same folks from Friday. . . . .

Oh, how fun a "while I was away on vacation" sale would be!!!

We're in negotiations!

We showed the house three times and one person made an offer. We countered. They counter-countered (is that a term?) and then we triple countered (as long as I'm making up real estate jargon).

Now we're waiting.

Would appreciate prayers for peace in the household during this process. I tend toward "bird in the hand" while hubby is "two in the bush."

Thanks all.

Father, in the name of Jesus, we ask that you would ensure Your will be done in these proceedings. We ask that you would grant everyone involved a spirit of unity, that they would be like minded with Christ, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Amen.

Looking forward to what He is going to do on your behalf, my friend!

So great to continue to read everyone's updates!

I think we have finally come to a resolution on the house we sold in APRIL! I had posted on here that we had some significant water damage after we moved out, and we were blessed to have a great realtor and insurance agent who handled everything for us. My husband had gone to the house right before settlement to get the last of our things, and the house looked fantastic!

We closed on the house, and everything was wonderful until I got a phonecall that week from our realtor. Long story short, our realtor NEVER told the new owner or her agent about the water damage or the subsequent repairs. Of course the new owner was upset - and so was I! I had no understanding of how this could have happened. Come to find out, our realtor should have had us amend the written disclosure on the house. The new owners were only told that we were laying new carpet, and were not informed by our agent AT ALL.

This week we finally came to a settlement on this issue. We unfortunately had to pay for our realtor's mistake. The legal agreement we signed stated that we agreed to pay a monetary settlement in cooperation with the agent. After much discussion, my husband and I agreed to pay 10% of the settlement amount, in order to end the ordeal.

Last week I fully saw the true colors of the agency. I refuse to communicate with her/them any more. I don't wish the agent any ill, but I do feel that her greed over selling the house was more important than a good, honest business transaction. I don't live my life that way, and I feel bad for the new owners, who were lied to and deceived.

I think y'all must be sick of my updates :)

While we were on vacation, we received a VERY low offer on our house. We countered, but the buyer didn't come up much. So, that is on hold/dead for now.

We had another showing this morning. The showing realtor had good things to say about our price, so I'm inclined to think that we're just in the "need the right buyer" mode.

We "may" have an interesting situation change this week, and if so, we may contact the low bidder and try to get them to nudge up a "bit" more and make it work so we can move sooner. But for now, we're on hold and waiting to see what the Lord will do.

All I can say is, y'all better have a big fat cyber-party when this house sells!!!!!!!:D

So great to continue to read everyone's updates!

I think we have finally come to a resolution on the house we sold in APRIL! I had posted on here that we had some significant water damage after we moved out, and we were blessed to have a great realtor and insurance agent who handled everything for us. My husband had gone to the house right before settlement to get the last of our things, and the house looked fantastic!

We closed on the house, and everything was wonderful until I got a phonecall that week from our realtor. Long story short, our realtor NEVER told the new owner or her agent about the water damage or the subsequent repairs. Of course the new owner was upset - and so was I! I had no understanding of how this could have happened. Come to find out, our realtor should have had us amend the written disclosure on the house. The new owners were only told that we were laying new carpet, and were not informed by our agent AT ALL.

This week we finally came to a settlement on this issue. We unfortunately had to pay for our realtor's mistake. The legal agreement we signed stated that we agreed to pay a monetary settlement in cooperation with the agent. After much discussion, my husband and I agreed to pay 10% of the settlement amount, in order to end the ordeal.

Last week I fully saw the true colors of the agency. I refuse to communicate with her/them any more. I don't wish the agent any ill, but I do feel that her greed over selling the house was more important than a good, honest business transaction. I don't live my life that way, and I feel bad for the new owners, who were lied to and deceived.

I'm glad it's over but I'm sorry you had to endure that. I rejoice that it is DONE.

While we were on vacation, we received a VERY low offer on our house. We countered, but the buyer didn't come up much. So, that is on hold/dead for now.

We had another showing this morning. The showing realtor had good things to say about our price, so I'm inclined to think that we're just in the "need the right buyer" mode.

We "may" have an interesting situation change this week, and if so, we may contact the low bidder and try to get them to nudge up a "bit" more and make it work so we can move sooner. But for now, we're on hold and waiting to see what the Lord will do.

All I can say is, y'all better have a big fat cyber-party when this house sells!!!!!!!:D

Heather, I am SO ready to party on your behalf!!! :grouphug: (And, I NEVER tire of your updates. I'd be upset with you if you didn't keep us abreast of developments for how else can we fully appreciate the hand of the Lord when He does reveal His will in all of this?! :001_smile:) You'd be remiss, my friend, to not tell all. :D

Meanwhile, we continue to trust and believe for Kingdom purposes to be established every. step. of. the . way.

I'm RSVPing early!!! I'll bake a big ol' chocolate cake!

May we be added to the prayer list? We found a house that we really like, have a contract on it contigent of course on the sale of our home. Our house went up two weeks ago and we've had two showings but no offers. I know it's early in the process and we really want the Lord's will in all of this.

Thanks for praying, it's very appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...

Updates? Anyone?

Here's ours: 3 weeks ago, we redid the two upstairs bathrooms, to attempt to counter the "it's too dated" issue. We've had two showings since then, both with great feedback. One may still pan out, we'll see.

The kicker: our neighbor's house just sold. 3 bd, 2 ba, owned by an older man, house is not updated at all. At. All. It does have a bigger and nicer lot than ours. Listed at 289,900, sold this week for 275,000; market value according to tax records is 207,900.

Our house? 4 bd, 3 ba, almost totally updated. Listed at $225K. Market value $217,900. AND WE CAN'T EVEN GET CLOSE TO OUR ASKING PRICE????????? :rant:

OK, I'm done now. That feels better. Good thing I believe in the sovereignty of God. . . . . . . .

How's everyone else doing???

I'll join this list, too, and appreciate the opportunity to be on both sides of the praying going on!

We are about to do one of those "never say nevers" and actually buy a house without first selling our current house. It's a long story and there are many advantages to doing it this way (the main advantage being that we will be able to relocate our pets which will make the current house much easier to show and sell). We have every reason to believe it will work out fine (and we have a back up plan, and a back up to the back up plan, and an emergency plan). Still, we are VERY conservative with our finances so it's not something we take lightly.

We're currently negotiating the contract for the new house, and working hard to get the current house market ready. The market is picking up in our area, and our house will be in a "sweet spot" as far as price (very affordable) and availability (there is currently only one house on the market in our town that is really comparable to ours). We are praying for a speedy sale, in fact, I'm praying specifically that we would have a contract on the current house before we even close on the new house.

I'm with Heather, it's comforting to believe in the sovereignty of God . . . there have been a couple of "delays" in the paper work (not on our end, but the listing agent for the new house). It's such a comfort to just say, "Well, that was not in our control, not in our realtor's control, clearly in God's control -- it will either work out in spite of that OR God is using that to keep us from getting the house because it's not what He has for us right now." And go along our way in peace.

I look forward to going back in the thread and will certainly be praying for my fellow house buyers/sellers!

ChristyB....I say go for it, and that's hard coming out of my fingers!! :) We found a property (6 acres/equestrian farm/house) that if we had bought acreage and built everything that was already existing would be nearly double what they were asking...it was a fsbo and too good to pass up...well, our other house has been on the market for 2.3 years!!! Even having paid two mortgages, I would do it all over again...the lifestyle of living out in the country with animals and enjoying the quiet has been a blessing to all of us. It has brought us to be much more reliant and trusting in God, it has tested us as well..but ya know, that which does not kill us makes us stronger! :)

Please keep us in your prayers, I have been feeling an urgency for prayer the past few days and feel as though some good news will come our way! Our other house is only 5 years old (we only live in it for 3)....but we were in a subdivision where the builder was still building and making under the table deals...he's sold out FINALLY, so hopefully our home and the 6 others that have been for sale so long will sell quickly! Thanks!!

Tara

our update...

We have had nothing! We have our house in Mississippi listed for sale sine 7/08 and listed it for sale or rent in 6/09. Due to a military move we are now in Alaska and the house has been empty since mid June. I know that God is in control and will take care of us in His time. But it is so hard not to worry and fret over this. We have dropped the price on the house from $199,000 to $165,000 this is currently $2000 less than our loan. Please continue to pray that God will move on our behalf.

Heather~that is so frustrating! We are praying for you guys.

• 8 months later...
abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan (family has moved to Alaska; home in Mississippi is now vacant awaiting its new owners!)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Sunshine

Donna

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Amyable (currently in throes of prepping home for market - need blessing of physical health in their endeavors)

Heather H

dmmosher (family moved to assist elderly in-laws; need to sell the home from which they moved)

caitlinsmom

Theresa in MO (daughter/her husband need to sell their townhome to purchase first home for expanding family)

Joyfulmama - post closing issues with buyer who is requesting more $; pray for peaceful resolution outside of court

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Sharon in SC now has only one home in her possession!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! :-D

Susan in TN

Drama Queen

Dianne in TX

Kari in SC

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Ladies, firstly let me say that I have missed you and my heart has remained with you in your endeavors to sell your homes even though I could not, physically, be on the boards this past year. While I am still only able to touch base periodically, this thread is one of the first I have returned to. I am eager to hear how things have gone for you (please see the last list posted above and let me know of any changes you need to make!) I would love nothing more than to revive this prayer list in an effort to witness, first hand, the power of God at work in the moving of your homes, still!

:grouphug: and I greatly look forward to hearing from you!

Sharon

Oh, Sharon - you dear heart!

Here's our update - as quick as I can make it :D

We tried to sell our house - and this past spring we replace ALL floors, repainted EVERYTHING - it looked (looks!) beautiful. Only to get one, ONE, offer for 60K less than our asking price.

The house is now off the market. My dh was laid off last Nov. from his out-of-state job, so we have no pressing need to move any longer. Plus - rent for our family of 7 would be much higher than our monthly mortgage, so we'd not get a benefit there.

Right now, dh is working retail to make SOME kind of $$. The kids and I are offering summer camps and lessons to try to make extra funds - our current home is perfectly set-up for having a "classroom" downstairs to do just that.

If y'all would - please pray for my dh tonight - he's got a very important meeting with someone who may be able to help him fulfill a dream he's had for a long time - that could translate into a job and ministry he would love.

So - God answered our prayers, but in His own unique way. And - truthfully? We all love it here! Not too sad about staying. . . . .

Oh, Sharon - you dear heart!

Here's our update - as quick as I can make it :D

We tried to sell our house - and this past spring we replace ALL floors, repainted EVERYTHING - it looked (looks!) beautiful. Only to get one, ONE, offer for 60K less than our asking price.

The house is now off the market. My dh was laid off last Nov. from his out-of-state job, so we have no pressing need to move any longer. Plus - rent for our family of 7 would be much higher than our monthly mortgage, so we'd not get a benefit there.

Right now, dh is working retail to make SOME kind of $$. The kids and I are offering summer camps and lessons to try to make extra funds - our current home is perfectly set-up for having a "classroom" downstairs to do just that.

If y'all would - please pray for my dh tonight - he's got a very important meeting with someone who may be able to help him fulfill a dream he's had for a long time - that could translate into a job and ministry he would love.

So - God answered our prayers, but in His own unique way. And - truthfully? We all love it here! Not too sad about staying. . . . .

Heather, I can only say that as I read through your note, I developed tears - tears of joy when I think that God, in His infinite wisdom, *knew* what your needs would be *today* to include *keeping* that very roof over your heads. He is SO good, and SO faithful. I am equally confident in His ability to guard you and keep you NOW, to meet your every need. PLEASE keep us updated (I will move your name to another section of the list so that we can be reminded to pray over your dh and the rest of your family). BTW, it sounds like you have a rockin' house! :-D

I love you, friend!

Sharon

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners (very original thread.....http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Most Recent:

Catalinakel - need to sell ASAP

Lauren in CA - house going in market mid-June (need to sell by end of summer due to relocation to a higher housing market - fair price in existing house is critical)

nono - carrying two homes, dh will be laid off in 6 weeks; home needs to sell ASAP

proudmama - dh is self employed and family needs house sold to reduce debt load ASAP

Waiting for updates:

abreakfromlife

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Sunshine

Donna

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

caitlinsmom

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Susan in TN

Joyfulmama

Drama Queen

HeatherH - Divinely ordained circumstances have led them to stay in their home (now off the market); pray for dh who is pursuing lifelong dream for job and ministry and for financial provision in the face of his job layoff

FloridaLisa's family discerned that they were to stay in their home and not sell

one-1-michele - felt directed to take home off market and make changes to existing dwelling to better suit family's needs; rejoicing in dh's new job!

Dianne in TX

Kari in SC

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Edited by Sharon in SC

Hey Sharon,

I'm so glad you resurrected this thread. You can take us off. We feel we are in the right place right now and no need to move. If anything, we may add on, but after looking at what's been on the market and waiting on the Lord, we don't feel like we should be moving.

Thanks!

Lisa