Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

Sharon, first a quick thank-you for organizing and continuing to support this thread. Then, a thank you to everyone who is praying!

A quick update - my mom and dad's home is for sale in southern NH; it has been on the market for almost 11 months. As of late, there have been very, very few showings. We are all so eager for them to sell! It will mean that my dad is able to retire, and they are planning to move out here to central IL to be close to us (really, the grandkids!).

Please, if you would, continue to pray. We know that it only takes one person or family and this will be a done deal. Thank you all, so much.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharon, first a quick thank-you for organizing and continuing to support this thread. Then, a thank you to everyone who is praying!

A quick update - my mom and dad's home is for sale in southern NH; it has been on the market for almost 11 months. As of late, there have been very, very few showings. We are all so eager for them to sell! It will mean that my dad is able to retire, and they are planning to move out here to central IL to be close to us (really, the grandkids!).

Please, if you would, continue to pray. We know that it only takes one person or family and this will be a done deal. Thank you all, so much.

Continuing to trust and believe that God's Kingdom purposes *are* being established in the sale of each one of our homes!!!!

Blessings,

Sharon (who waits to see if a second party would like to respond to the knowledge that we have an offer on the table, albeit nowhere near what we would accept it's an offer that hopefully will light a fire under this other party to do something! They've been to the house twice in the last week and measured for sq footage....)

Quick update - showing tomorrow - NOT from the party we thought was interested. . . . .off to clean and spruce up. I have to admit, I just HATE showings on weekdays during school -

But right now, I'm cleaning in happiness! :D Sure would love prayers -

I know what you mean - any showing is something to get excited about! ;-P As for us, we were hoping to hear from our second interested party after our REA left a message for theirs about the current offer on the table (lowball but they don't have to know that!). No word back from them so we'll be telling the folks making the offer to call us if they decide to get in the same ballpark as us. :-{

Feeling deep, deep discouragement this morning -

Dh just called - he spoke with the realtor from the party we thought was coming back - the one that like our house so much -

They put a contract on another house yesterday.

I am really struggling this morning, and would appreciate prayers. Thanks.

Feeling deep, deep discouragement this morning -

Dh just called - he spoke with the realtor from the party we thought was coming back - the one that like our house so much -

They put a contract on another house yesterday.

I am really struggling this morning, and would appreciate prayers. Thanks.

:grouphug: Heather, I really. do. understand. Our party that appeared so interested last week (two showings plus having their REA out to measure the house) didn't even bother to acknowledge our phone call to say we have another offer on the table and do they want to make an offer as well. Nada. Nothing. So, our REA will tell the low ball offerers this morning thanks but no, thanks and we're back to square one. :confused:

We've come so close but so far too many times to count now. I've found myself in the last 24 hours literally verbalizing, out loud, to the Lord, "Father, I purpose to walk by faith and not by sight. I'm thankful the sale of our home is not dependent upon the market, or current economic statistics, or anything else other than your power actively at work on our behalf to effect your Kingdom purposes." He really is the finest REA one could hope for. It's just tough, in times like these, when we don't have the advantage of viewing the other side, His side, of the tapestry He's weaving in our lives. All we see is the underside with the stray threads. Of course, that's what faith is made of.....

Just know you're not alone, my friend. I really am right there with you. Literally. I know the frustration. I know the discouragement. It is just this week, oddly enough, after all these weeks since the Lord originally instructed me to do so that I've been able to, from my heart, cry, "Thank you! Praise you! (for what you are doing regarding the sale of this house" (Rather than, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Lord do something!!!). 'Til now, I must confess the thanks and the praises have been more lip sync than anything else....

Now to Him Who is able to do immeasureably more than anything that we can ask or imagine. To Him be the glory and the praise.

Hang in there. Keep looking up. I've had to remind myself so many times to not make the mistake Peter did and take my eyes off Jesus only to put them on the circumstances. Easier said than done to be sure. But, I figure each time I remind myself (and follow through), that's one more step that I can take walking on the water rather than sink. And, then, when I feel myself starting to sink, I try to remember, sooner than later, hopefully, to. look. up.

Our Heavenly Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He has not forgotten our needs. He will supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory. He truly is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and He is trustworthy. Completely.

In Him,

Sharon (who needed this sermonette as much as anyone, today!)

Quick prayer request - we have the second offer of the week due to come in within the hour. The first one was for $40K less than our asking price to which we replied, "We're too far apart. Thanks, but no thanks." On the heels of that, it's harder to get excited about another yet, an offer in and of itself is exciting, yes? :-P Oh, can it be?! Can *this* be the right buyer for whom we've prayed these last two years?......

Please pray for wisdom and discernment on our part as we process the latest. I'll keep you posted as it comes in!

Sharon and Heather and the others,

Continuing to offer the list to the LORD. Praying that God will sustain all of you during this time and that all can grow closer to Him and learn more of Him through trials. It's so difficult to remember and take comfort during the struggle and yet, we know that trials bring maturity.

May you all be encouraged today ~

Lisa

It's so difficult to remember and take comfort during the struggle and yet, we know that trials bring maturity.

May you all be encouraged today ~

Lisa

Thank you for this, Lisa. I shared with dh this afternoon that during our morning worship service I was truly able to offer this up to the Lord, from the depths of my heart: "Father, I thank you that this home will NOT sell until you have completed all you desire to in us and through us." It was a very freeing moment.

Thank you for your prayers!

Sharon,

Said a prayer for you and everyone else today. Hang in there!:grouphug:

Thanks, Dorinda!

The offer came in at $30K less than our asking. They are "pre-approved", have submitted a reasonable amount of earnest money, and desire to close on 11/13. We've decided to counter with our absolute bottom price ($20K more than they're offering) and trust that if they're the "right buyer", they'll decide the home is worth it to them.

If they accept this counter, we will sell our home for only $12K more than what another home sold for in our neighborhood this past summer. That $12K is not even half the value of the upgrades we put into the house (that the other home did not have) not even factoring in other advantages to our home (such as bigger garage, on a cul de sac, more hardwood flooring, etc, etc). It is for these reasons that we feel justified in our bottomline figure.

Please pray for God to have HIS way in this!

Thanks!

Sharon

Praying for you, dear Sharon -

And btw, thank you THANK YOU for the post after my "meltdown" the other day :) It was so helpful and encouraging. . . . ..

Thank you, Heather, and you are welcome. Incidentally, the latest (low ball) offer came in from the party who chose not to respond earlier in the week. :-}

We await to hear how serious they really are in the face of our counter.....

Any news today?

Thanks for asking, Heather. Here is where things stand today - despite the fact that we said, "this is our lowest acceptable price", the fella still wants to counter back with $5K more than he offered the first time (putting us $15K apart). He can't officially do so 'til Friday due to his work out of town. Meanwhile, dh and I decided we would lower our bottomline price by $5k which would ultimately leave us $10K apart. It remains to be seen what happens from there.

The house was shown again this morning to someone else. Have yet to get feedback from them.

I do believe I heard from the Lord this morning - Lamentations 3:22? speaks of hope and waiting on the salvation of the Lord. I'd asked the Lord to specifically speak to us in terms of do we let the house go for a "song" to get out from under it in the face of the horrible housing news this week. This word came on the heels of my sister's counsel, "Sharon, if you let it go for a song how can God's glory be revealed?" (Incidentally, twice, now, two other people have referred to Sarah and Hagar when thinking of our either renting the house or selling it at a rock bottom price - the equivalent of looking for ways to "help" God do what He's promised He was going to do). In any case, I'm thankful to have heard from the One who continues to guide and direct us, counsel us, and watch over us, instruct us and show us the way we're to go. For now, we press on intent upon leaving room for His glory to be revealed and waiting with anticipation for the very same.

Take care, all. I'll keep you posted!

Sharon

Edited by Sharon in SC

Thanks for sharing your information, Sharon -

Truth be told, my heart is heavy tonight. I am not naturally sad, this is rather a spiritual heaviness, kwim? There are so many things I feel the need to be in prayer for right now . . .

A dear friend who's struggling with muscle spasms/paralysis for an unexplained reason.

Our country and the election.

Sin issues in my life that the Lord is working on.

Our financial/housing situation.

A building project at our church that is causing concern.

A relationship with one of my children.

I'm really feeling the need to fast and pray tomorrow - and if you knew me, you'd know that this is highly unusual. So if you think to pray for me, that I would seek the Lord's face throughout my day - we have a busy day, but I earnestly desire to seek the Lord -

Thanks, all. I'll be praying for you all tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing your information, Sharon -

Truth be told, my heart is heavy tonight. I am not naturally sad, this is rather a spiritual heaviness, kwim? There are so many things I feel the need to be in prayer for right now . . .

A dear friend who's struggling with muscle spasms/paralysis for an unexplained reason.

Our country and the election.

Sin issues in my life that the Lord is working on.

Our financial/housing situation.

A building project at our church that is causing concern.

A relationship with one of my children.

I'm really feeling the need to fast and pray tomorrow - and if you knew me, you'd know that this is highly unusual. So if you think to pray for me, that I would seek the Lord's face throughout my day - we have a busy day, but I earnestly desire to seek the Lord -

Thanks, all. I'll be praying for you all tomorrow.

:grouphug: Oh, Heather, how I do wish I could come through cyberspace to give you a literal hug. You have my prayers today. I trust that the Lord makes his heart known to you as you aim to draw closer to Him!!!!!!

Sharon and all -

God is continually convicting me, as to how little I trust Him, and how little I desire His glory be shown!

Update: This morning, I received a call from a woman who put in an offer on our house in early July - for 90K less than our asking price! She wanted to see if she should "try again".

I was very honest with her - maybe too honest, but we really are not interested in an offer so low again. I told her what she would have to offer for us to consider. . . she said she'd check with her husband.

Dh and I think we won't hear from her again. But just now, I've been praying that the Lord would sell our home in a way to bring Him glory -

Sharon and all -

God is continually convicting me, as to how little I trust Him, and how little I desire His glory be shown!

Update: This morning, I received a call from a woman who put in an offer on our house in early July - for 90K less than our asking price! She wanted to see if she should "try again".

I was very honest with her - maybe too honest, but we really are not interested in an offer so low again. I told her what she would have to offer for us to consider. . . she said she'd check with her husband.

Dh and I think we won't hear from her again. But just now, I've been praying that the Lord would sell our home in a way to bring Him glory -

I hear you, Heather. As you know, that has been my heartcry all along - that God's GLORY be revealed in all of this. It's interesting - this week as we've battled a low ball offer (we're currently $7K apart from one another with the ball, currently, in their court) I've continually reminded myself that it is in the darker circumstances that God's power shines the greatest. :001_smile: Be encouraged, dear friend. Above all, I am confident that the Lord is working His kingdom purposes into our lives in the midst of the chaos!

Blessings,

Sharon

Thanks for asking, Heather. Here is where things stand today - despite the fact that we said, "this is our lowest acceptable price", the fella still wants to counter back with $5K more than he offered the first time (putting us $15K apart). He can't officially do so 'til Friday due to his work out of town. Meanwhile, dh and I decided we would lower our bottomline price by $5k which would ultimately leave us $10K apart. It remains to be seen what happens from there.

The house was shown again this morning to someone else. Have yet to get feedback from them.

I do believe I heard from the Lord this morning - Lamentations 3:22? speaks of hope and waiting on the salvation of the Lord. I'd asked the Lord to specifically speak to us in terms of do we let the house go for a "song" to get out from under it in the face of the horrible housing news this week. This word came on the heels of my sister's counsel, "Sharon, if you let it go for a song how can God's glory be revealed?" (Incidentally, twice, now, two other people have referred to Sarah and Hagar when thinking of our either renting the house or selling it at a rock bottom price - the equivalent of looking for ways to "help" God do what He's promised He was going to do). In any case, I'm thankful to have heard from the One who continues to guide and direct us, counsel us, and watch over us, instruct us and show us the way we're to go. For now, we press on intent upon leaving room for His glory to be revealed and waiting with anticipation for the very same.

Take care, all. I'll keep you posted!

Sharon

The long and short of it is we feel led to do whatever it takes to make this offer work. A buyer at the table is worth two in the bush so to speak. We feel the Lord has confirmed we're to accept this guy's highest offer (which happens to be $22K lower than our asking price) because the economy has changed so drastically from when we first priced our house at the first of the summer, banks are appraising homes for less now, and if we don't sell the house by the end of the year we have to pay over $3400 in non-residential property tax. :-{ The praise in this is the $10k we got from the earnest $ of the buyer who chickened out back in July. That added to the price we're accepting leaves us getting a decent price out of our home. The kicker? This guy is getting a humdinger of a home for an incredible price and he wants us to clean the gutters prior to closing! I've had to ask the Lord to give us a servant's heart in this 'cause that really bites. I understand, in this economy, a buyer wanting to get a house for as low as he can but, honestly, a little good will would be refreshing. You know, something along the lines of, "I know you're selling your home for much less than you'd hoped, don't worry about the gutters. I'll take care of that."

Ah, well. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. I am most thankful for a serious buyer now 'cause it means, when we close on 11/21, the taxes on the home can be refigured at 4% and will drop down to $838!

My immediate prayer request is that the appraisal and house inspection go off without a hitch and that the 20yo heat pump continues to work like a charm until the house is in someone else's name!

Thank you for your continued prayers. You have mine! To God Be the Glory!!

Drumroll.....We have a contract and are due to close 11/21 :hurray: (Details here - http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=632475#poststop)

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

HeatherH (needs to sell to reunite family with dh)

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Drama Queen (needs to decide whether or not to keep home on the market in light of 90 day extensions currently being afforded them by the mortage company)

Dianne in TX

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Sunshine

Kristavws (needs to sell her vacant rental property)

Elaine (needs to sell to join husband elsewhere)

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Serendipity (home in Texas)

Contracts pending:

Sharon in SC (scheduled to close 11/21; pls pray over house inspection/appraisal and 20yo heat pump to continue to work well!)

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Homes currently being rented:

Brigitte

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Edited by Sharon in SC

YEAH!!!!:party::party:Congratulations! I hope this goes through without a hitch!!!

I think in situations like these there is always going to be a little bitterness (Goodness can he not clean the gutters himself!) :grouphug: but, move on from that because you are going to have this house SOLD and you won't have to think about it again! Continuing to pray that all goes well for you in this process. Please keep us posted!!

Diane

YEAH!!!!:party::party:Congratulations! I hope this goes through without a hitch!!!

I think in situations like these there is always going to be a little bitterness (Goodness can he not clean the gutters himself!) :grouphug: but, move on from that because you are going to have this house SOLD and you won't have to think about it again! Continuing to pray that all goes well for you in this process. Please keep us posted!!

Diane

Diane, you are a dear. :grouphug: Your faithfulness to pray long since your own house has sold is such an encouragement. You're absolutely right - we're thankful for this buyer and will jump through that hoop in the name of seeing this home in his name instead of ours. :-P Thank you for covering the rest of the process in prayer, too!

Your faithfulness to pray long since your own house has sold is such an encouragement.

Sharon,

the blessings that I received from you and everyone else that prayed for the sale of our house has really been such an inspiration for me to continue praying!

Although I don't post a lot, know that I do think and pray for you and everyone on this board that is currently going through the struggle! :grouphug:

Diane

This is a call for updates from all who have any. We are serious about praying these homes through to sale! Also, just a tip I've found for catching up on the latest in a thread as long as this one - click on linear mode and go to the last page. Then scroll up until you hit posts you know you've already seen and read through the latest. Sure beats scrolling through the hybrid list! :-P

Many blessings to all!

Sharon

Praise the Lord Sharon. I pray that this contract will go forward smoothly and seamlessly. What a joyful, peaceful Christmas you will have!

Lisa

Thank you, Lisa. Yes, that was some consolation in letting the house go for less than what we'd hoped - peace of mind is definitely worth something, too!

Thank you so much! Now for a really dumb question...How do I find the 11/5 list? Sorry to ask.

:)

Here you go! (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=632481#poststop)

One tip I've found for making good use of this now very lengthy thread:

Put on Linear Mode and scroll from the last page up 'til you see post that are new to you then read down from there to catch up with things

I generally post an updated list when we have a new contract, closing, or new house to sell and I put the date in the heading to hopefully make it easier to find. These posts will be towards the bottom of hte thread as well.

Blessings,

Sharon

The long and short of it is we feel led to do whatever it takes to make this offer work. A buyer at the table is worth two in the bush so to speak. We feel the Lord has confirmed we're to accept this guy's highest offer (which happens to be $22K lower than our asking price) because the economy has changed so drastically from when we first priced our house at the first of the summer, banks are appraising homes for less now, and if we don't sell the house by the end of the year we have to pay over $3400 in non-residential property tax. :-{ The praise in this is the $10k we got from the earnest $ of the buyer who chickened out back in July. That added to the price we're accepting leaves us getting a decent price out of our home. The kicker? This guy is getting a humdinger of a home for an incredible price and he wants us to clean the gutters prior to closing! I've had to ask the Lord to give us a servant's heart in this 'cause that really bites. I understand, in this economy, a buyer wanting to get a house for as low as he can but, honestly, a little good will would be refreshing. You know, something along the lines of, "I know you're selling your home for much less than you'd hoped, don't worry about the gutters. I'll take care of that."

Ah, well. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. I am most thankful for a serious buyer now 'cause it means, when we close on 11/21, the taxes on the home can be refigured at 4% and will drop down to $838!

My immediate prayer request is that the appraisal and house inspection go off without a hitch and that the 20yo heat pump continues to work like a charm until the house is in someone else's name!

Thank you for your continued prayers. You have mine! To God Be the Glory!!

De ja vu.....well, it seems our *current* buyer now has cold feet, buyer's remorse, whatever. What is it with these single men who are attracted to our home and then regret their decision to buy it?!

We're scheduled to close a week from Friday. Please pray God's will be done and for me to keep my eyes on Him no matter what.

Me

Never a dull moment.

About 45 minutes ago, I got our first call for a showing in over 3.5 weeks. When he said, "Monday, from 9-10 a.m." I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.

30 minutes later, I got another call. From another realtor. "Saturday, from 2-4 p.m"

Go figure! At least it's not tonight. Then I'd look like this: :willy_nilly:

Ok - our house has been on the market for almost a month now. No showings. Not a single call. We're in a largish metropolitan area. Economy is relatively stable (compared to other areas in the country.) Nice, reasonably priced home in a family friendly neighborhood near schools. Priced very competitively for the area compared with sales in the last 6 months and homes currently for sale. Surely SOMEONE needs a home? I'd even take "just looking around". Any excuse to keep cleaning this house!:tongue_smilie:

Ahhhh, thank you. I just needed to get that out.