Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

Sharon! What a wonderful idea!! I can't wait for the day to share PRAISES!!! :) I will add these fine families to my prayer list...I heard a guest pastor (former big whig in DC politics) tell an amazing line of God's workings...ultimately at the end he said whatever burden is the greatest burden you have right now, give it to God...but make a point to give it to HIM in a way that makes you acknowledge his grace....by getting on your knees first thing in the morning and presenting that one burden for 45 days...I have done this with other home sales and believe me, it is not easy, but when I have been faithful and put Him first each morning before taking on the day, it works! I have started/stopped so many times but with all these families needing this...I will make a point to pray for each of you for the next 45 days, they're not "my" burdens but I know the extra prayer won't hurt...We have had 2 house payments for 13 months, it's too long for us and it's starting to weave cracks in our families stress level...please pray for us!!

Tara in Alabama

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dh was told about this by his dad. My fil was speaking with a friend who works at a bank. You can voluntarily turn your keys over to the bank, it's not a foreclosure, doesn't go on your credit, the banks save money from not having to to set aside money for the sale of the home. You basically hand your property deed over to the bank. My father-in-law was told that not many know they can do this but it is becoming more common now due to the state of the housing market.

Just wanted to pass this along as a last resort option for some to look into. Dh's company will only make two more payments, we hope by lowering the price that it will sell withing the next two months.

ETA- legal speak

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. Homeowners often will be tempted to turn over their deed to the creditor instead of fighting the foreclosure. This is generally a good idea only if the borrower will receive something from the creditor in return for saving it the trouble of foreclosing. Fore example, if the home’s value exceeds the amount of the indebtedness, the homeowner may want to ask the creditor to agree not to seek further collection remedies. Some lenders will even agree to pay a small amount of cash for a deed in lieu in order to help the homeowner move. However, by turning over the deed to the mortgage holder, the consumer may forfeit any right to equity in the home. Similarly, the consumer may have valid claims or defenses against the creditor that would be lost by turning over the deed. If the consumer does offer the creditor a deed in lieu of foreclosure, make sure that there is a written agreement giving them sufficient time to vacate the premises in order to find alternative housing and move in an orderly fashion.

Heather --

Just be aware that this is a contractual agreement that must be reached between the mortgagor and mortgagee. Yes, this is certainly something to try and negotiate with a lender, especially if payments are current. However, you can't just turn in the keys and expect a Deed in Lieu without negotiating this and reaching a contract.

HTH!

Lisa

Sharon! What a wonderful idea!! I can't wait for the day to share PRAISES!!! :) I will add these fine families to my prayer list...I heard a guest pastor (former big whig in DC politics) tell an amazing line of God's workings...ultimately at the end he said whatever burden is the greatest burden you have right now, give it to God...but make a point to give it to HIM in a way that makes you acknowledge his grace....by getting on your knees first thing in the morning and presenting that one burden for 45 days...I have done this with other home sales and believe me, it is not easy, but when I have been faithful and put Him first each morning before taking on the day, it works! I have started/stopped so many times but with all these families needing this...I will make a point to pray for each of you for the next 45 days, they're not "my" burdens but I know the extra prayer won't hurt...We have had 2 house payments for 13 months, it's too long for us and it's starting to weave cracks in our families stress level...please pray for us!!

Tara in Alabama

Tara, I've added your name to the prayer list. We've carried two homes for 2 years this August (though the other homes has just now gone on the market at the beginning of June) so I "feel your pain"! However, if you've read my testimony, you'll see that we can actually see benefit (assuming our home brings in what we expect it to in our market) for that. I can trust with you that the Lord will make *good* come out of your dual payment as well! Meanwhile, we covet your prayers, as well. It is exciting to think that the Lord may show His hand in a special way over the next 45 days!!! :D

Thanks for keeping on top of this Sharon! Dh is meeting with our property manager on Monday to sign the contract to rent out our townhouse. He was supposed to tell our realtor last week, so she could let other agents know that it is coming off the market unless we get a contract soon, but he didn't "get around to it." Sometimes he is a worse procrastinator than I am!

It was shown for the first time in a month last week. But we have not heard anything back about it. It will be a relief to get it rented again and get some money coming in to offset the mortgage we had to take on our new house. (We own the townhouse outright.) My Usborne income is good, but it can't support a mortgage, car payment, health insurance, car insurance, food, etc., etc. etc.

I hope everyone else has good fortune with their homes this week, month, etc.

Update on my house ()http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=425521#post425521) and a call for updates from others......

Originally Posted by Sharon in SC

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Sharon in SC (carrying cost of two homes, concurrently)

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Tarheel Heather

Brigitte (townhouse in Asheville, NC; is taking active steps to rent this unit out unless an offer should come through SOON on a showing from last week)

Battlemaiden (facing renting her home immediately except for a timely sale!)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

Newbie (needs to get her extra home prepped for renting ASAP)

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Dianne in TX

TeaTotaler (needs wisdom to know whether or not to wait for the sale of her home before joining dh elsewhere or move/rent with dh before the sale of the house; obviously, a quick sale would be wonderful and very directive!)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

coffeefreak (dh is without a job at the moment and they need to be housefree to be free to relocate when a job is secured)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Mary in NJ

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

KellyinSC

Contracts pending:

None

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Guest KellyinSC

Husband is being transferred to KY. We have been trying to sell since February. Appreciate the prayers tremendously!!!

Thanks,

Kelly

We have not had anyone even look at our house. We dropped the price after having it listed for 2 weeks. We are prepared to drop it again in 2 weeks in hope of at least showing it. I know that God's timing is everything, it is just so hard to WAIT on Him. He isn't finished with me yet!

Still praying for everyone & their home situations.

Cutting and pasting my update here...

Praise God! We signed a contract on our home today. After 3 weeks of zero showings we had somebody go through a week ago Sat. They returned on Fri evening and made an offer that night. Within a couple of hours we had come to an agreement. The buyers wanted a closing date of Aug 25!! We had to call the moving company today to see if we could schedule dates that would work. They will pack and load us by Aug 29th. The buyers agreed to this and so dh got a faxed copy to sign and I just signed the contract this evening. It has been a wild weekend. As they say up here....Uffda!!

Dh is now busy house hunting in the Indianapolis area so that he can narrow down the choices before ds and I visit. We are praying we find something suitable so that we don't have to move twice. The company pays for the move so it would be great to do it once :-)

Given our small town situation and the housing market we are abundantly grateful for God's provision of a buyer. Please pray that all goes smoothly since our contract is contingent on the sellers closing on their home.

Thank you for your prayers and I will continue to pray for those on this list.

Blessings,

VH

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

Tarheel Heather

Brigitte (townhouse in Asheville, NC; needs to sell within the month to avoid renting!)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Dianne in TX

TeaTotaler (needs wisdom to know whether or not to wait for the sale of her home before joining dh elsewhere or move/rent with dh before the sale of the house; obviously, a quick sale would be wonderful and very directive!)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

coffeefreak (dh is without a job at the moment and they need to be housefree to be free to relocate when a job is secured)

Contracts pending:

None

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Cutting and pasting my update here...

Praise God! We signed a contract on our home today.

Oh, Vera! I'm so thrilled for you guys! It'll be wonderful to be with the hubby again, and be together. I'll change my prayer to finding your new Home soon.

(Hey, a little OT, but what's the doctor situation like down where you're going? Will you be able to find a good cadre of Your People to help you out? How's DS handling all the upheaval?)

{{hugs}} and happy dances!!

Dy

Yippee!!! I've been away this week and am just now able to try to catch up on the boards. I'll be sure to adjust the prayer list to indicate your contract pending! As for us, we had two showings yesterday, one party of which spent a fair amount of time walking through the house (as related to us by one of our neighbors). In any case, we continue to hope that the right buyer presents themselves soon! ;-) For now, I rejoice with you in the development of your contract but, more than that, I am so very thankful that the Lord has given you the very direction we prayed for regarding whether or not to join your husband now or wait! :-D

We have a contract to celebrate! (and a new name added to this list)

Originally Posted by Sharon in SC

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

Tarheel Heather

Brigitte (townhouse in Asheville, NC; is taking active steps to rent this unit out unless an offer should come through SOON on a showing from last week)

HeatherH

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Mary in NJ

Sunshine

Contracts pending:

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

I just posted an update on the other board about our house, and I forgot another praise! My husband is currently employed (sorry for the confusion), but his contract was due to be up in October. We found out last week that it had been extended another year. So now he has a job until October of '09. We are still going to sell our house and we really believe the Lord is taking us out of state, but it is a relief to have the security of employment while we wait on Him! Praise God!

Here's the update I posted on the other boards:

YEAH! We had two showings this week too!

The first one was Thursday. The girls and I were TOTALLY caught off guard. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and we had just finished school. I mean closed the books and gotten up from the table when the phone rang. NOTHING was clean and we were out of breath by the time we left the house. luckily, we had 30 min to get out.

Then, yesterday, we're sitting around, watching the Olympics in our lounge around clothes, and the phone rings. We were a little better off, but we had 5 min to get out of the house so the dishes got piled in the sink. I'm not used to doing the dishes right after we eat

No feedback on yesterday's showing, but Thursday's has a 4 year old Bankruptcy so our Realtor sent them to a lender to see what they qualify for. You never know, they could have an incredible down payment, or someone willing to co-sign!

YEAH GOD!

Blessings!

Dorinda

Thanks for all your prayers! They are obviously working:grouphug:

Dorinda

Would you add me to the list?

We have a house in Missouri that we desperately need to sell. Currently, we have a family member living there, sometimes they pay rent, other times they have a myriad of excuses why they can't come up with it. They keep the house in exceptional condition and it has good curb appeal. That is about the only thing going for us - and we expect to take a large loss just to get out from under this mortgage. The house will go on the market in the next week or two.

Thanks,

Mary

An Update:

We have a showing this evening. Evidently the agent also showed it yesterday and this morning. Thanks for your prayers.

Joyfully,

Mary

If you could please add us to the list we would really appreciate it. We have a rental property that we have been trying to sell for a couple of months now. It is really beginning to be a financial drain, and is causing quite a strain on us physically as it is located in the town we used to live nearly 40-minutes away. It is vacant, and consequently, remains clean, but we are still having to drive there every week to mow grass and care for the yard. We also have to pay the monthly mortgage, water, electric, etc., which means we are now making double payments in many areas.

Thanks,

Krista

Update list:

Tarheel Heather

HeatherH (starting a kitchen update now, ideal times to sell are by the end of Sept or Feb/Mar - God knows)

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Mary in NJ

Sunshine

Kristavws (needs to sell her vacant rental property)

Contracts pending:

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

"We have not had anyone even look at our house. We dropped the price after having it listed for 2 weeks. We are prepared to drop it again in 2 weeks in hope of at least showing it. "

You are so wise. Having been in real estate brokerage for twenty years, I have seen couples loose all their home equity through unrealistic pricing. People don't buy homes on impulse. Between their real estate agent and themselves, they learn the market. Price a home to sell if it's sitting their vacant. The lord is not going to let you put the screws to someone.

People, the party is over for those who think they can ride home ownership to prosperity. The only ones that prosper where one thinks they can buy and sell their home to riches are the real estate agents and the mortgage brokers. Keep in mind the loss you suffer if you making hugh interest payments, moving costs and family stress over the years as this is more costly than the equity loss and misery some are going through in the housing market in this latter part of the decade.

If you paid a realistic 100X for a home, say two or three years ago, as a general statement you can only hope to net out no more than 90X after commissions, etc. in the present market. It's more than likely a loosing deal these days on the house you are getting out of. If you have an extended period of interest payout in an unoccupied dwelling, you will really suffer. I have seen it all,

Hmmm. My personal experience is the real estate market really is unique and different from one area to another and one cannot make blanket statements and find them to be true for everyone, everwhere. Just for an example - had we put the home we're trying to sell on the market two years ago we would have listed it for $30K *less* than what the comps suggest we list it for now. Our geographic area is listed as one where homes are actually selling for 1% *more* than "market value". Truly, everyone needs to evaluate their individual market to assess how things look, what to price their home for, etc, etc. In any case, I continue to encourage those who have their homes on the WTM Homes For Sale list. In this journey so far we've witnessed one house sold but more than that we've witnessed God's faithfulness in providing wisdom in decision making, peace in the midst of the storm, and the continued faith to believe that these homes will sell in God's timing to the right buyer for the right price. Should any of us need to adjust our prices, we can count on the Lord to give us that direction. Except for that, we stand, trust, and believe for His Kingdom purposes to be established in each of our situations! :-)

Here's the latest, for prayer purposes...hey, TeaTotaler, are you closing today?!?! :D

Updated list:

HeatherH (starting a kitchen update now, ideal times to sell are by the end of Sept or Feb/Mar - God knows)

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Mary in NJ

Sunshine

Contracts pending:

Tarheel Heather

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

PRAISE THE LORD WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!

We had a showing on Friday, an investor who combed our neighborhood looking for a "deal." He passed up two foreclosures for our house. We will not walk away with any money, but we consider it a blessing to walk away at all. I cannot thank you ladies enough for your prayers. Please continue to pray that all goes smoothly and nothing shows up in the inspection to derail our sale. The contracts are signed and he is a seasoned investor, so we're not worried about cold feet. However, it's always good to pray, just in case. We will have to pay in at closing, but, when we take a step back and look at the bright side of things, our house was only on the market 3 months!!!!! What a blessing!

So, we will continue to pray for everyone on the list, please pray for us that this all goes through and I will let you know when we're out.

(Closing is September 24th)

Blessings!

Dorinda

We had a showing on Friday, an investor who combed our neighborhood looking for a "deal." He passed up two foreclosures for our house. We will not walk away with any money, but we consider it a blessing to walk away at all. I cannot thank you ladies enough for your prayers. Please continue to pray that all goes smoothly and nothing shows up in the inspection to derail our sale. The contracts are signed and he is a seasoned investor, so we're not worried about cold feet. However, it's always good to pray, just in case. We will have to pay in at closing, but, when we take a step back and look at the bright side of things, our house was only on the market 3 months!!!!! What a blessing!

So, we will continue to pray for everyone on the list, please pray for us that this all goes through and I will let you know when we're out.

Blessings!

Dorinda

:party:

Great news Dorinda!

We close on the 26th if all goes well.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Praise the Lord!!!! :D

:party:

Certainly, may the Lord's Kingdom purposes be established in the closings of your and Heather's homes. Meanwhile, the rest of us look forward to the day when we can post the party icon, too!!! :lol:

Here's the latest, for prayer purposes. I love seeing the top list shrink, slowly but surely, and the bottom lists grow!!! To Him be the Glory!

Updated list:

abreakfromlife

Dianne in TX

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Mary in NJ

Sunshine

Contracts pending:

Tarheel Heather (due to close 9/26)

coffeefreak (due to close 9/24)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

Update:

In the last week we have had one family look at the house two times. Last night they were there for over an hour and then another 30 minutes in the driveway talking with their realtor.

We would really appreciate your prayers. My husband is there now overseeing some electrical contractors and basement contractors. The family was happy to see that some updates were being finished before we sold the house.

We will be walking away from this whole situation in the hole. Not even close to breaking even. We hope that this family decides to offer a contract.

Thanks,

Joyfully,

Mary

Update:

In the last week we have had one family look at the house two times. Last night they were there for over an hour and then another 30 minutes in the driveway talking with their realtor.

We would really appreciate your prayers. My husband is there now overseeing some electrical contractors and basement contractors. The family was happy to see that some updates were being finished before we sold the house.

We will be walking away from this whole situation in the hole. Not even close to breaking even. We hope that this family decides to offer a contract.

Thanks,

Joyfully,

Mary

Lastest Update:

Well, the family did make an offer. It is terribly low, so low that we would need to take out a personal loan just to close on the house. My husband did make a counter offer that would still put us in the hole, but not as much! They have until 8:00 p.m. tomorrow to decide.

Thanks for your prayers.

Lastest Update:

Well, the family did make an offer. It is terribly low, so low that we would need to take out a personal loan just to close on the house. My husband did make a counter offer that would still put us in the hole, but not as much! They have until 8:00 p.m. tomorrow to decide.

Thanks for your prayers.

Thanks for the update, Mary. I'm praying....

Apparently said friend is a mutual friend and although I selfishly wish she would stay in Northern NJ, we are praying for a sale and a great new place for them to move.

Waving hi, and laughing at how many people I "know" here and irl as well.

Thought I'd offer this as an update just to "bump" this thread and, hopefully, encourage any of you who have experienced what we have the last week and a half - NO SHOWINGS. Our home was shown this morning for the first time in what felt like forever. They even took a disclosure packet which I choose to believe is encouraging. :-) My REA will contact theirs this afternoon or so just to see how things went with the showing. She said that showings in our area have been nil of late.....

Please continue to pray for our home to sell. Dh got his notification that we will be moving in Feb. and we really need to have the house sold before then. We have dropped the price 2X and will probably be dropping it again this month. We haven't had ANY showings!

Thanks so much.

You got it! Thanks for the update.

Thought I'd offer this as an update just to "bump" this thread and, hopefully, encourage any of you who have experienced what we have the last week and a half - NO SHOWINGS. Our home was shown this morning for the first time in what felt like forever. They even took a disclosure packet which I choose to believe is encouraging. :-) My REA will contact theirs this afternoon or so just to see how things went with the showing. She said that showings in our area have been nil of late.....

Well, we'll take encouragement in the little things. The house has shown twice this past week. The first time was viewed by a REA scoping things out for a client who plans to move into our area from out of town (who also has a house to sell). ;-} The upside - he says our house looks great and will definitely be "on the list" should it still be on the market when they're able to make a move.

The second time - sometime in the past 24 hours (we don't reside there so I don't know for sure when). We're waiting on feedback.

For now, I'm just excited to have it SHOWN. :-}

The second time - sometime in the past 24 hours (we don't reside there so I don't know for sure when). We're waiting on feedback.

Little more insight - my REA called to say that the REA who was in the house on Friday was also in the house on Saturday. We have a call in to her just to check in.....

We are dropping the price of our house by $36,000 (a 23% drop.) This is based on research as to what it is worth. It is worth $51,000 less than it was just 5 years ago. I don't forsee it selling at that price either, though, since NOTHING is selling way out here. There are no jobs close by and the city (where the jobs are) is too far in this day of $3.69 a gallon gas prices.

It makes me want to throw up. We can't keep it and we can't sell it. This was our dream house, our forever house, the place we wanted to rear our children. We're leaving it for a 14 year old doublewide in a trailer park.

We are dropping the price of our house by $36,000 (a 23% drop.) This is based on research as to what it is worth. It is worth $51,000 less than it was just 5 years ago. I don't forsee it selling at that price either, though, since NOTHING is selling way out here. There are no jobs close by and the city (where the jobs are) is too far in this day of $3.69 a gallon gas prices.

It makes me want to throw up. We can't keep it and we can't sell it. This was our dream house, our forever house, the place we wanted to rear our children. We're leaving it for a 14 year old doublewide in a trailer park.

I am sorry for your pain. I continue to trust and believe that more home sales are to come on this list!