Menu

Current WTM Homes for Sale prayer list

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have our first showing in the morning! Fortunately, dh had a spurt of "nesting" a couple days ago so now we're mainly getting the details cleaned. (Just pray I don't go into labor before then!) Even if they have no intention of buying, I'm just so happy SOMEONE wants to look at the house!

Praise the Lord for a showing! :D May God's Kingdom purposes be established...

11/24 Update - SOLD!!!!

Originally Posted by Sharon in SC

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Drama Queen (needs to decide whether or not to keep home on the market in light of 90 day extensions currently being afforded them by the mortage company)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Drama Queen (needs to sell to avoid foreclosure)

Debbie in Il parent's (home in NH; desire to move closer to Debbie)

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

FloridaLisa (wants her home to sell *if* it be the will of the Lord)

Sunshine

Kristavws (needs to sell her vacant rental property)

Elaine (needs to sell to join husband elsewhere)

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Serendipity (home in Texas)

Joyful Mama (needs to sell due to job relocation 1000 miles away)

Contracts pending:

Debbie in TX (home for sale in Arkansas)

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

TeaTotaler (closing date 8/25)(waiting confirmation)

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Sharon in SC now has only one home in her possession!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! :-D

Homes currently pulled off the market with plans to possibly relist:

Dianne in TX

HeatherH

Homes currently being rented:

Brigitte

Kari in SC (home under lease in Fla)

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Homes pulled off market added to list

thanks for allowing us to be on the prayer list. We are thinking of re-listing it sometime in Jan., but not sure yet. I pray for the best for those of you still listed.

Dianne,

I've created a new section of the list for folks like you and HeatherH who have taken your home off the market for this season. We'll agree in prayer that you guys will have wisdom to know what to do in the future. Let me know if/when you relist and we'll place you back on the For Sale portion of the list. :-)

Blessings,

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to share a quick update...Our house has been on the market since mid-October and we didn't have a single showing until last week. As of today, however, we're having our 6th showing in 10 days and while we haven't had any offers, it is a great encouragement to have such activity. Our realtor keeps reminding us to let her know when we need a break (baby is now officially overdue), but I figure we might as well show the house until I'm physically unable to tidy and get the kids out for an hour. :001_smile:

I just wanted to share a quick update...Our house has been on the market since mid-October and we didn't have a single showing until last week. As of today, however, we're having our 6th showing in 10 days and while we haven't had any offers, it is a great encouragement to have such activity. Our realtor keeps reminding us to let her know when we need a break (baby is now officially overdue), but I figure we might as well show the house until I'm physically unable to tidy and get the kids out for an hour. :001_smile:

Oh, how I remember how excited a showing could be! I rejoice with you! :D

Update here:

Realtor called and said that the bank is willing to drop their price more, so it looks like we will be reducing another $10K.

We will be selling for almost $65K less than what it was worth when we built it - a roughly 40% drop. That is so depressing.

DQ - educate me. Is this foreclosure (bank involvement) or another case scenario? In any case, :grouphug:!

Deed in Lieu? :confused: :tongue_smilie: Just consider me the student tonight.

Instead of the bank having to go through foreclosure and auction, etc., we simply sign the house back over to them. In exchange, they forgive the difference between what we owe and what they get for the house. We'll receive a 1099 for the difference and may owe tax (if it brings our income up higher than our deductions and credits.)

Instead of the bank having to go through foreclosure and auction, etc., we simply sign the house back over to them. In exchange, they forgive the difference between what we owe and what they get for the house. We'll receive a 1099 for the difference and may owe tax (if it brings our income up higher than our deductions and credits.)

Ahh. Thanks for taking the time to teach me. :) I pray that things play out exactly as the Lord knows they need to for your family's sake!

A showing! We have a showing!! And it is a second showing. I'm so very hopeful. Just maybe this will be it? We're at 11 months on the market and just yesterday we lower our price another 7K.

A *second* showing! Oh, yeah! Truly, may God's Kingdom purposes be established for all concerned!!!! :D

For some reason, the call to schedule the showing unsettled me terrible. I couldn't focus afterwards and felt as though I was walking around in circles accomplishing nothing. Fortunately we had already completed our lessons for the day. I made myself go out to do some grocery shopping to set myself right again!:tongue_smilie: I figured I needed something specific to focus on and accomplish. Thankfully it worked.

When it comes to selling your house, no news is not good news.:sad: I talked to my realtor yesterday and as of then he had not heard anything regarding the second showing. He did say though that buyers are taking their time as there is nothing to cause them to feel any urgency. I worked myself into such a frenzy that day cleaning. I did very little school and parked my child in front of the TV for most of the day. Not a good thing. I'm so ready to be done with this...

He did say though that buyers are taking their time as there is nothing to cause them to feel any urgency.

That is exactly what our realtor in our area said, as well. So very frustrating. I truly do "feel your pain."

Sharon (who continues to trust for every home represented on this list to sell in GOD'S time, which is always perfect)

I'm sorry. Will continue to pray.

We have been painting and fixing and painting and....it is an endless cycle! The movers will be here mid Feb. to pack us out and then we will have a mostly empty house. Do they show better empty?

I've heard differing opinions on this, but generally speaking, yes, they do. They look cleaner, brighter, and the buyer has the ability to "see" themselves in your house. This is why we sold a lot of furniture and "stuff" when we put our house on the market. We also packed up all the books and family pictures. We received a lot of compliments on the end result because of how "clean" it looked.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Here is my update... We thought we were going to continuing renting to our current tenants. Well, they decided they couldn't afford to stay and are trying to not pay us our last month's rent and stay for an extra 2 weeks on top of that. We aren't sure if we are going to try to rerent it or put it back on the market. I am pretty darn stressed over making the right decision. I guess we will be heading to Florida over the next month to prepare the house for either a new renter or for sale. We can only afford for it to sit vacant for about 6 months. Ugh! I can't believe I am still talking about this house after so much time. Thanks for letting me vent.

Here is my update... We thought we were going to continuing renting to our current tenants. Well, they decided they couldn't afford to stay and are trying to not pay us our last month's rent and stay for an extra 2 weeks on top of that. We aren't sure if we are going to try to rerent it or put it back on the market. I am pretty darn stressed over making the right decision. I guess we will be heading to Florida over the next month to prepare the house for either a new renter or for sale. We can only afford for it to sit vacant for about 6 months. Ugh! I can't believe I am still talking about this house after so much time. Thanks for letting me vent.

:grouphug:, Kari. May the Lord guide you and direct you, counsel you and watch over you, instruct you and show you the way that you're to go!

Do they show better empty?

You'll read lots of stuff to the effect that vacant homes "take longer to sell and sell for less $ than furnished homes." Hogwash. Our home was vacant and within 5 weeks of being on the market we had a multiple offer situation, one of which was full asking price in cash. (Nevermind the fact that that buyer was a 60 yo single man who'd never been married and apparently had commitment issues 'cause he backed out! :-}).

I will say that the key to a vacant home showing well is cleanliness. Imperfections in your home are going to show more readily without material things in there to distract. Do have a friend with an unbiased eye do a walk through with you to help you identify things that might stand out to a stranger walking through your home.

As always, trusting for God's kingdom purposes to be established in your life! :D

You'll read lots of stuff to the effect that vacant homes "take longer to sell and sell for less $ than furnished homes." ...

I've heard this a lot too. But I know when I am looking at house, I prefer empty ones. I feel as though I am invading someones space otherwise. It is easier for me to imagine myself in the home if it is empty.

Can you add me? We are not quite on the market yet but want to be soon. We have a few major fix ups (walls back on in the shower, anyone? :001_huh:) and some minor (continuing to paint) but unfortunately my dh hurt his ankle and we all keep getting sick, which is really slowing things down.

We've found another house we love but aren't sure it's "the one". We need to look around some more, but I would hate to lose this one if we are just slow!

I think our biggest problem is an old and run down kitchen. We don't want to put out money to fix it up that we won't get back. We kind of need that money to get the next house (we need to buy a more $$$ house because ours is way too small for our family size). I'm afraid people will see that and not even bother with the house, even if the price is good. But fixing it up (painting cabinets or whatever) brings us back to the "we're all continuously sick and dh is hurt" thing" :glare:

Praying for all here. Thanks in advance for your prayers!

ETA: We're also trying to discern if it's wisest to move out before trying to sell this house. It is about 1200 finished square feet for 7 of us and it's CROWDED with beds everywhere, etc. I think it would look better empty!

Edited by amyable

Updated list 1/19/09

With the economy and housing market being what it is, I hope the Admin folks don't mind me creating a separate thread for the Homes for Sale prayer list in an effort to reach more prayer partners than just those who are subscribed to the thread regarding the sale of my home (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...03900#poststop).

If you are so inclined, please remember these ladies in your prayers for the sale of their respective homes! Also, if your name is on this list, please update us as you are able. Additionally, if you have a home to sell and would like your name added to this list, let me know!

abreakfromlife

kacifl's daughter (who was attacked) (condo to sell in Georgia as do *four* other single women neighbors)

Drama Queen (needs to decide whether or not to keep home on the market in light of 90 day extensions currently being afforded them by the mortage company)

milovany (needs an offer on their home to be able to place an offer on the home they desire)

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Parrothead (home to sell in Montana; has been on the market a year and will be relisted)

Leslie in TN (open house scheduled for Aug 3 - pray that extra incentive for a contract that day will be successful!)

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

ma23peas (Tara in Alabama; has two house payments; praying for a sale *this* month -October '08)

Sunshine

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Amyable (currently in throes of prepping home for market - need blessing of physical health in their endeavors)

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Sharon in SC now has only one home in her possession!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! :-D

Dianne in TX

HeatherH

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Can you add me? We are not quite on the market yet but want to be soon. We have a few major fix ups (walls back on in the shower, anyone? :001_huh:) and some minor (continuing to paint) but unfortunately my dh hurt his ankle and we all keep getting sick, which is really slowing things down.

We've found another house we love but aren't sure it's "the one". We need to look around some more, but I would hate to lose this one if we are just slow!

I think our biggest problem is an old and run down kitchen. We don't want to put out money to fix it up that we won't get back. We kind of need that money to get the next house (we need to buy a more $$$ house because ours is way too small for our family size). I'm afraid people will see that and not even bother with the house, even if the price is good. But fixing it up (painting cabinets or whatever) brings us back to the "we're all continuously sick and dh is hurt" thing" :glare:

Praying for all here. Thanks in advance for your prayers!

ETA: We're also trying to discern if it's wisest to move out before trying to sell this house. It is about 1200 finished square feet for 7 of us and it's CROWDED with beds everywhere, etc. I think it would look better empty!

You're on the list! Trusting with you for physical health to do what you need to do. Oh, I truly do feel your pain. I didn't think we'd *ever* get our home prepped for the market! :tongue_smilie:

Interesting update:

We haven't relisted yet - dh hasn't been home since Jan 9th, so we're waiting for him to have a few weekends to re-spruce and to declutter.

HOWEVER -

We got a call from someone who saw our home on the fsbo site - and they're coming on Thursday!

I'm not expecting much - but I will be cleaning! (Oh, and repairing the hole in the wall that ds's knee put there about a week ago!)

Please add us to the list. We put our house on the market 3 weeks or so ago, and so far only 3 people have looked with no call backs. *sigh*

We don't have a garage which is a huge turn off, but hopefully the extra large lots will help it sell.

On the upside we have have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff we don't need!

Interesting update:

We haven't relisted yet - dh hasn't been home since Jan 9th, so we're waiting for him to have a few weekends to re-spruce and to declutter.

HOWEVER -

We got a call from someone who saw our home on the fsbo site - and they're coming on Thursday!

I'm not expecting much - but I will be cleaning! (Oh, and repairing the hole in the wall that ds's knee put there about a week ago!)

Yippee on the prospect! Wouldn't it be awesome if you didn't even have to relist!! :D

Updated list 1/19/09

abreakfromlife

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Sunshine

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Amyable (currently in throes of prepping home for market - need blessing of physical health in their endeavors)

dwkilburn1

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Dianne in TX

HeatherH

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

list updated 1/26/09

Please add us to the list. We put our house on the market 3 weeks or so ago, and so far only 3 people have looked with no call backs. *sigh*

We don't have a garage which is a huge turn off, but hopefully the extra large lots will help it sell.

On the upside we have have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff we don't need!

You're on the list! May God's Kingdom purposes be established in the sale of your home!

Brief update on our home:

We listed during the holidays (right before Thanksgiving) - bad timing, I know, and so we had two showings in 2008. We moved out days after Christmas, and immediately had the house professionally cleaned, carpets included. Since then we've had mutiple showings, and have been thrilled! Feedback from realtors has been positive, but no one has fallen in love with it.

I was informed today by our insurance agent that the insurance company wants to drop insurance on the house, since we are no longer residing in it. If they drop us, I've been informed that we can get a vacant property policy, for more money. Just what I need....

A note on everyone else - remember that you are all covered in prayer. What a great support we have here!

My update - We are leaving for Florida on Saturday. We have had to start the eviction process on our tenants. They will not pay us the last $750 they owe us of rent for this month. They will also not allow my fil to go in and take pictures so we know what work we need to plan to do. So... we are heading down on Saturday. Supposedly, they will be moving out on Sunday. We are going to spend a week fixing and cleaning to put it back on the market. We plan to price low and just get it sold. We are so DONE! The good thing is that we have learned from a few realtors that if we had signed another year long lease that there was a really good chance our house would lose another 10,000 to 20,000 over the next year. So, maybe that is why God is allowing all this frustration with renters. It certainly has motivated us to just price low and sell. I will keep praying for everyone!

Brief update on our home:

We listed during the holidays (right before Thanksgiving) - bad timing, I know, and so we had two showings in 2008. We moved out days after Christmas, and immediately had the house professionally cleaned, carpets included. Since then we've had mutiple showings, and have been thrilled! Feedback from realtors has been positive, but no one has fallen in love with it.

I was informed today by our insurance agent that the insurance company wants to drop insurance on the house, since we are no longer residing in it. If they drop us, I've been informed that we can get a vacant property policy, for more money. Just what I need....

A note on everyone else - remember that you are all covered in prayer. What a great support we have here!

Hi. I understand this plight. We, too, had a vacant home on the market. The only thing that helped us was the very thing that created the greatest stress in our life - the fact that we were in both homes routinely due to our renovations. (It helpded 'cause the one thing companies worry about is that if a water leak should occur or a break in no one would be there to know about it). State Farm showed us mercy and carried both for that period of time.

One thing I do know - while no one likes to have to pay more than necessary for the necessary things in life (i.e. insurance), our "vacant" policy was not going to be astronomical if they ever did force the issue (which they didn't). I would be very careful to not allow them to "drop" you but just "switch you over" if you stay with the same company. But, do shop around. Don't just settle for their quote!

Blessings,

Sharon

My update - We are leaving for Florida on Saturday. We have had to start the eviction process on our tenants. They will not pay us the last $750 they owe us of rent for this month. They will also not allow my fil to go in and take pictures so we know what work we need to plan to do. So... we are heading down on Saturday. Supposedly, they will be moving out on Sunday. We are going to spend a week fixing and cleaning to put it back on the market. We plan to price low and just get it sold. We are so DONE! The good thing is that we have learned from a few realtors that if we had signed another year long lease that there was a really good chance our house would lose another 10,000 to 20,000 over the next year. So, maybe that is why God is allowing all this frustration with renters. It certainly has motivated us to just price low and sell. I will keep praying for everyone!

Kari, truly, all things do work together for good for them who love the Lord. Trusting, with you, that His kingdom purposes ARE being established in all of this! :grouphug:

Updated list 1/19/09

abreakfromlife

misplacedalaskan

Debbie in OR

Deb in NJ's friend

Misty

Sunshine

Donna

Susan in TN

My4cowboys

Shelly in MD

Joyful Mama (currently carrying two homes; needs to sell due to job relocation 1000 miles away)

Kari in SC (trouble with renters; will be prepping home for market week of 2/1)

Heide in NJ (friend of Deb in NJ)

Melanie in NJ (friend of Deb in NJ)

Contracts pending:

SOLD (PTL!):

Diane in CO

Tarheel Heather

coffeefreak

Mary in NJ

Dianne in TX

HeatherH

Brigitte

Newbie?

Battlemaiden?

Changes made

Update:

Buyers came through on Thursday, and dh called and spoke with them today.

They like the land. They like how much space is in the house. They would want to replace the carpet with hardwood, so that's an issue. Said they were crunching numbers over the weekend, trying to see if it will work out.

Better than nothing, right?

As I said to eldest dd - if this happens, no one, NO ONE but the Lord will get the glory! It's just so - so - RANDOM ;) (as if there were such a thing!)

Update:

Buyers came through on Thursday, and dh called and spoke with them today.

They like the land. They like how much space is in the house. They would want to replace the carpet with hardwood, so that's an issue. Said they were crunching numbers over the weekend, trying to see if it will work out.

Better than nothing, right?

As I said to eldest dd - if this happens, no one, NO ONE but the Lord will get the glory! It's just so - so - RANDOM ;) (as if there were such a thing!)

Praying here, Heather!