Menu

Which would you choose for a Disney trip?

Would you choose to fly and stay at a nice hotel close by or drive the 10 hours and stay at a resort. My choice resort choices are the Contemporary because it's always been something I always wanted to do or Fort Wilderness because we've been there before and really enjoy the cabins, amenities and the ferry ride over.

Would you choose to fly and stay at a nice hotel close by or drive the 10 hours and stay at a resort. My choice resort choices are the Contemporary because it's always been something I always wanted to do or Fort Wilderness because we've been there before and really enjoy the cabins, amenities and the ferry ride over.

Drive and stay at a nice resort. 10 hours is nothing!!!!! :)

we just did the drive from NJ in our RV. 10 hours would have been EASY compared to that!!

def drive and stay in disney resort. the extra magic hours make it worth it. some nights it is 3 hours, I think.

Robin in nj

I was thinking the same thing. 10 hours is nothing. If you want to make the drive interesting, look up places that have been on Diners, Drive In's and Dives. Stop at a few along your route that have been on the show.

Drive. We find 10 hours about the border where flying isn't really worth it. That somewhat depends on your families attitude to driving trips, I guess. We can easily do 10 hours with two stops, and our kids don't mind being in the car.

Also, the on property resort is really worth it IMO, and we have been to WDW a lot. It makes such a difference at the end of a long day to be so close.

Drive and stay at a nice resort. 10 hours is nothing!!!!! :)

:iagree: We drove over 20 hours to Disney last year. We did do several national parks (Mammoth Dave, Smoky Mountains, gulf islands national seashore) and spent a couple days in St. Louis too.

ETA - we did stay on property last time we were there, but that is not a big deal to me. I could take it or leave it. Our Disney room was our worst room on our entire 2 1/2 week trip and it had no wireless and it was $10 for a hard wire hook up. Meh. If you are going just for disney the packages can be great. We have a relative who is a cast member and got us great discounts.

Edited by kck

Drive. We drive about nine hours and try to time it so that we can stop somewhere cheap an hour or two away the night before. Then we get up, drive straight to our hotel and check in (we get our luggage stored and our park tickets before our room is ready), and get to the parks very close to opening time. They text me when the room is ready and our keys have been activated, and we head back for lunch or a swim break.

Terri

Drive and stay on property!

We typically drive 9-10 hours (sometimes more depending on traffic and stops) so we spend our first night at a less expensive hotel - typically Springhill suites in the Marriott Village we frequently find it for under $90 for the night and it includes a breakfast. Since we're a family that needs two rooms it's a great deal. Then we begin our Disney vacation the next day and don't lose a day of paying the higher price w/out being there all day to enjoy the benefit. If money is still an issue then look at some of the Mods - they've updated them so most have new queen size beds, free wi-fi, etc. and some have new themes - like pirates or Royal guests.

Edited by momtotkbb

10 hours????? I would absolutely drive.

with the time it will take you to drive to airport, getting there an hour early, all the delays at the airport, blah,blah,blah... it might take you 10 hours to fly there!!!

and you will have your own car at disney if you drive.

robin in nj

I completely agree.

Drive and stay on Disney property!!! We drive 10 hours to see family 3 times a year, so 10 hours doesn't seem that bad to me. We drive almost 7 to get to Disney. The experience is so much better to me if you can stay on site. It just makes the whole trip feel "magical"!!!! We rarely use the transportation there because of lines, so we drive to the parks. Staying on site gives you free parking and you can visit other resorts to see what they are like. We visited Animal Kingdom Lodge (could never afford to stay there), and we were able to go out on the terrace and see the animals just like the guests staying there.