Menu

If you were going to go on a date with your dh tonight...

We'd go to the Alamo Drafthouse. It's a movie theater with a great restaurant. Your food is served while you're watching the movie and the food is topnotch. We'd probably see Total Recall. We really enjoyed the original version. Dh has already seen batman and spiderman.

Now *that* would be *fun*. :001_smile:

We have nothing like that, for sure. The closest would be about 120 miles away, and it would mean bringing a pizza & cooler of soda to the drive-in and sitting in the back of the pick-up truck in lawn chairs to watch the movie. :D

Well, as it turns out, dh came home very hot, very dirty, and very tired. :sad:

It sounds like a good night to shower, eat dinner at home, and fall into bed. Some days that's all you can do, you know? :001_unsure:

Some days, life is like that. I'm sorry you didn't get your date. Doubly sorry your anniversary didn't go well. And very, VERY sorry about your poor puppy... how awful. :grouphug:

We're thinking of you. There have to be some good days coming your way soon.

Thanks. We need that.

Our anniversary on Sunday was awful. Then we had a slightly too loud, intense, & tearful discussion on Monday (that all of the kids heard :crying: we try not to do that.).

Then yesterday my puppy disappeared.

Then today I found out that my puppy was dead.

We need to do something fun so that I can have some hope again.

:grouphug: and prayers

Thanks. We need that.

Our anniversary on Sunday was awful. Then we had a slightly too loud, intense, & tearful discussion on Monday (that all of the kids heard :crying: we try not to do that.).

Then yesterday my puppy disappeared.

Then today I found out that my puppy was dead.

We need to do something fun so that I can have some hope again.

:grouphug:

Without going into too many details, last summer I lost my only sibling, my older sister, after she was incredibly, repeatedly verbally abusive (beyond belief, really). It was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced, and I've been through a lot, truly.

What surprised me, Julie, was how her attack on me launched a spiritual attack of such magnitude that at times I was uncertain I would survive it.

It was as if her attack empowered spiritual forces to come against me with a strong, dark, evil, unrelenting power that I never personally knew could ever assail me. It was overwhelming, and I mean that seriously.

God delivered me. He put his peace in my heart, one morning when I was at the end of my rope. And in that moment, it was as if "Hell's Radio Station" could no longer broadcast into my heart and mind.

I am interceding for you, not simply praying. I am lifting you up with prayer and fasting to the throne of grace until you confidently let me know that this oppression and spiritual attack have passed and you know the comfort and peace of the Holy Spirit's presence.

Julie, life is not dark. Life is not hopeless. Life is not pointless. Life is not bleak.

We are going out tonight- depending on the weather we are going to either walk through a battlefield park that we have never been to and then get something to eat or we are going to play racquetball (we are both really bad at racquetball but it's a lot of fun) and then get something to eat.

Without going into too many details, last summer I lost my only sibling, my older sister, after she was incredibly, repeatedly verbally abusive (beyond belief, really). It was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced, and I've been through a lot, truly.

What surprised me, Julie, was how her attack on me launched a spiritual attack of such magnitude that at times I was uncertain I would survive it.

It was as if her attack empowered spiritual forces to come against me with a strong, dark, evil, unrelenting power that I never personally knew could ever assail me. It was overwhelming, and I mean that seriously.

God delivered me. He put his peace in my heart, one morning when I was at the end of my rope. And in that moment, it was as if "Hell's Radio Station" could no longer broadcast into my heart and mind.

I am interceding for you, not simply praying. I am lifting you up with prayer and fasting to the throne of grace until you confidently let me know that this oppression and spiritual attack have passed and you know the comfort and peace of the Holy Spirit's presence.

Julie, life is not dark. Life is not hopeless. Life is not pointless. Life is not bleak.

I'm not a religious person, but that is beautiful. If Julie reads this, and believes in its power, as I do, despite not being religious, then I feel sure she will begin to turn her life around.

:grouphug: to Julie and to Sahamamama.

We have enjoyed or are planning to enjoy the following:

• major- or minor-league sporting event
  • lasar tag
  • glow-in-the-dark bowling (I forget what it's called)
  • hiking (sometimes w/ a romantic picnic)
  • going to the gym together (raquetball, climbing the rock wall, or weights, possibly followed by a swim and sauna)
  • book store
  • Home Depot or similar store to shop for woodworking projects
  • window shopping in the scenic district and stop in a cafe or ice cream shop, etc.
  • county fair
  • local themed festivals (arts & crafts, food vendors, a few carnival rides, etc)
  • museum, concert, play, or other cultural event
  • the beach
  • of course the old stand-by is a movie by ourselves with movie theater food -- nachos, popcorn, candy, etc.

Thank you so much for this.

I feel...ashamed of myself for not being able to hang on to hope for *this life*, though I still have confidence that eternally, there is endless hope, and boundless joy. Really, we have been blessed to such extremes in the past, that somehow I feel we have sort of "used that up". Maybe this is what we have left?

It definitely feels like an attack--I have no other way to explain my dh's actions. He's one of the truly best people that I know. He's always held strong, always been trustworthy, and now he's so disappointed in himself, both for relationship transgressions and farm failures, that I'm not sure how he's even standing upright or breathing in and out still.

We both still trust in God to uphold us, but we both no longer have the belief that the journey will be pleasant.

Dh is a deacon in our church, and he will be speaking to the spiritual council this Sunday, stepping down from that position. Our household is no longer in order, and he (and me, by extension) no longer are qualified to serve in that capacity.

I've been drawn to 2 Corinthians 4:6-10, and then ch. 4:16-18.

Really, we look like a train wreck from the outside. We feel like a train wreck on the inside. Still, that's temporary, and we continue to have faith in the eternal.

I haven't completely given up though, on finding a smile or two where we can.

Maybe one of the many suggestions posted will "take", and we'll find a small taste of how things used to be, before all of...this....happened. I'm starving for even a moment without the crushing weight of everything that's piled on recently.

Thank you for your counsel. There have been many WTM ladies that I need to thank in a more personal way, but I'm behind. SO, if anyone reading this has sent me a heartfelt message, please know that I'm treasuring every bit of the wisdom & kind words that have been sent my way. I'm not somehow keeping up with communicating the way I'd like to, but I appreciate the kindnesses more than I can say.