Menu

If you were going to go on a date with your dh tonight...

We love hiking up the canyon, browsing bookstores, going laser bowling, playing laser tag, playing putt-putt golf, going out for frozen yogurt, playing board games at home...lots of stuff.

I'm a bit of a dating nut. I love planning fun theme dates (with just us and with other couples). It's so much fun and my dh loves it, too. Even if initially some of the dates had him going :001_huh:.

This is my favorite site for dating ideas! http://www.thedatingdivas.com/ These girls are so much fun!! Scroll down for lots of cute date ideas. And have fun on your date!!

Tanger outlets to shop for clothes for BIL's wedding. We'd like to go without the kids, so if we had a sitter, that's what we'd do.

My favorite date night recently was to a rock-climbing gym. So much fun!

Dh really needs new clothes, but I haven't been able to find any locally. :glare:

Rock-climbing sounds like fun, but I'm not the right size to do it. Maybe some day....

We are off the see the new Batman movie. Boring, I know, but we do other dates too.

We have:

Taken an evening guitar class

Toured historical places in our area

Concerts

Walks in the park w/ or w/o picnic

library

bookstore

my very favorite was when Dh went to one of those discount travel websites and booked us a hotel room at a local hotel. One we couldn't usually afford, but last minute, middle of the week was pretty cheap. He got off work early, checked in, filled the room with snacks & flowers and then came home to pick me up just like we were going on a casual date. I was so surprised when we went to our favorite restaurant & he ordered take-out. I was even more surprised when we took our take-out to the fancy hotel. Our bigs were old enough to watch the littles overnight because we were just across town. He dropped me off at home on his way to work.

I love date night.

Amber in SJ

Cute coffee/dessert place in the nearby downtown.

Ah. Alas, we do not get date nights. Someday... (said in a dreamy voice. :001_smile:)

I don't think we have a good dessert place other than the place I work. :D

It wouldn't be as much fun to go to work on our date. :tongue_smilie:

If you can stick it out for about 8 more years, you'll have more time for date nights than you can even imagine!

I'm going w/this being 'in the best of all possible words, w/out winning the lotto' scenario.

Dancing. We'd go dancing, if a) I didn't have RSD and b) there was a place around this podunk area to do so. That didn't incl karaoke.l

We live in the sticks, and I look like I'm having a seizure when I try to dance. :rolleyes:

I don't think we have a good dessert place other than the place I work. :D

It wouldn't be as much fun to go to work on our date. :tongue_smilie:

If you can stick it out for about 8 more years, you'll have more time for date nights than you can even imagine!

I keep banking on the bolded being true. It's what gets me through some of those rough days with the kids. :tongue_smilie:

(Just kidding. Sort of.)

Yeah, I can't imagine going to work for a date would be too much fun. I'm not very imaginative IRT date nights, since we're still in the 'anything done without children is a date' phase of our lives. Shoot, even grocery shopping sans kids is some sort of special treat. :D

But don't get me wrong, I'm trying not to 'wish away' these years of the kids being young. I really do love it. It'd just be nice to literally get one or two evenings *a year* alone with just dh. That doesn't happen now that my mil is passed away. She was our only babysitter. We're just not comfortable asking anyone else right now. I realize that's *our* decision that puts us in the 'no date nights' category right now, so obviously it's worth it to us.

Uh, sorry for the tanget, LOL.

Whatever you do, I'm praying you and your dh enjoy your time together.

I think we need a date overhaul.

Last night DH took me on an impromptu date right after dinner. We went to Lowe's and looked at toilets. We decided we like chair height with a round bowl and perhaps the one that has two buttons. The one that says "1" has a one gallon flush and the one that says "2" has a 1.6 gallon flush. And did you know that there is actually a toilet with overflow holes? What will they think of next?

We didn't spend a cent but it was strangely fun to get out with DH and look at the loos.

Last night DH took me on an impromptu date right after dinner. We went to Lowe's and looked at toilets. We decided we like chair height with a round bowl and perhaps the one that has two buttons. The one that says "1" has a one gallon flush and the one that says "2" has a 1.6 gallon flush. And did you know that there is actually a toilet with overflow holes? What will they think of next?

We didn't spend a cent but it was strangely fun to get out with DH and look at the loos.

Well there ya go Julie; you guys could go look at toilets.

:D

We often have dinner and then go to Barnes and Nobles. We each look at books and at some point end up having coffee together. I usually end up with a date night take home gift:)

I would *love* this, but dh doesn't read. :001_huh:

Would he listen if you read to him?

We did this, too. We decided to go with Kholer.

Whatever you do, I'm praying you and your dh enjoy your time together.

Thanks. We need that.

Our anniversary on Sunday was awful. Then we had a slightly too loud, intense, & tearful discussion on Monday (that all of the kids heard :crying: we try not to do that.).

Then yesterday my puppy disappeared.

Then today I found out that my puppy was dead.

We need to do something fun so that I can have some hope again.

Thanks. We need that.

Our anniversary on Sunday was awful. Then we had a slightly too loud, intense, & tearful discussion on Monday (that all of the kids heard :crying: we try not to do that.).

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry.

I've been enjoying all the ideas here. Most of them I wouldn't do, but a few have resonated. I hope the same happens for you.

Whatever you decide, make it more romantic than toilet shopping. :lol:

I would *love* this, but dh doesn't read. :001_huh:

Hubby looks at the magazines if we go to B&N. He's not a reader either.

Thanks. We need that.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: We go to get ice cream, to the art museum, to walk the mall, to walk the neighborhood, to movies, to dinner, to mini-golf. (Thus sums up about all of the dates I've been on since having kids, LOL.)

What happened to the puppy? DH and I are going to Starbucks tonight, exciting, huh? We are actually getting our stuff to go so we can come home and see some Olympics.

Can you pick up something sinfully sweet and drive to some secluded spot and eat every morsel of it while you uuuhhhh and ahhhhh over it?

:group hug: Julie

Another thought: Drive out to "that" lake behind your town, KWIM? PM me if unclear. Unless the gate closes at dusk? If you can get in, you can sneak down to the sandy shore part and dangle your toes into the water.

:lol:

We go antiquing, to auctions, stroll around villages, duck into places for coffee.

Another thought: Drive out to "that" lake behind your town, KWIM? PM me if unclear. Unless the gate closes at dusk? If you can get in, you can sneak down to the sandy shore part and dangle your toes into the water.

Well, as it turns out, dh came home very hot, very dirty, and very tired. :sad:

It sounds like a good night to shower, eat dinner at home, and fall into bed. Some days that's all you can do, you know? :001_unsure:

I should follow through on getting info about the shooting range. :001_smile:

'Course, there might be people who think I shouldn't be handing firearms at this point. :D

I think he may run for the hills if you ask him to go to the shooting range for a 'date'. He may think you are looking for a final date to put on his headstone. LOL

Thanks. We need that.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: