Menu

We need a new coffee pot

We drink a lot of coffee. Like a ton of it. So we go through cheap coffee pots often( Walmart least expensive type of cheap :D) I think we are on our 2nd or 3rd one his year. So I don't have a desire to buy another one that will last only a few months. Any recommendations?

We have had a Cuisinart for almost seven years. It's the first one we bought that made it past the one year mark! We used to buy Mr. Coffee but I found that after a while they tend to leak water everywhere!

:iagree: - Cuisinart rocks!!

I especially love the stainless thermal carafe. Our machine brews the coffee then turns itself off. The coffee stays hot for hours and doesn't burn on. :)

My favorite: The Wolfgang Puck

This is a remake of the Starbucks Barista. We have had so many machines over the years, but one year I bought the Barista. It makes the BEST coffee and I love the removable water container. I guess some people had problems with their pots and Starbucks quit making the machines. But they would pop up from time to time on ebay. My machine eventually died (after about 12 years of lots of pots of coffee). My husband bought one on ebay that worked for another couple of years. Eventually it died (different cause of death from the original). He took parts from each machine and made a complete working machine. I was always hesitant to keep it plugged in while we were gone :). Last Christmas I discovered that Wolfgang Puck was remaking the Barista. I ordered one for us, one for my folks (who had claimed I made the best coffee - so they got a machine), one for my nephew, and one for my newly married son (I want good coffee when I visit). Oh, my parents took my old machine (the one that was 2 machines combined) because they loved the coffee, but when I got them the new WP machine I told them to pitch the other. They refused and are keeping the WP back until the old one dies. I hope it doesn't set the house on fire :)

It's a little more expensive, but, oh, so worth it!

Ditto on the Cuisinart. I have this model. I think it makes better coffee than Mr Coffee because it heats the water hotter and uses the melitta style filter. We had the fancy Mr Coffee with thermal carafe and found the carafe leaked at the seam and it was hard to keep clean so when we got the Cuisinart we chose the regular glass carafe. I think it does a pretty good job of keeping the coffee hot without overcooking it too much.

I have tried Keurig brewed coffee and didn't care for it. I thought the coffee was a bit weak, but then I like my coffee strong. YMMV of course.

:iagree: - Cuisinart rocks!!

I especially love the stainless thermal carafe. Our machine brews the coffee then turns itself off. The coffee stays hot for hours and doesn't burn on. :)

We've had our Cuisinart for 8 years now and it is going strong! Love the stainless thermal carafe, too!

I'm so happy to read such positive reviews of Cuisinart! We've had our eyes on this one because we do lots of instant cocoa, oatmeal, grits, etc., around here and I love the idea of the hot water tap.

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_bar/chw-12.html

BTW, I've been meaning to say a special "hey girl!" to you Quiv ~ we were friends back on the old AOL Moms Online boards forever ago.

ENLTRAHAN/MzTrahan :grouphug: :D

I actually had a Mr. Coffee for well over 20 years, no problems. After I got a Keurig for Christmas one year, I decluttered the Mr. Coffee (that was still working great) and I am now on my 2nd Keurig in about 1 1/2 years (first one broke right after the warrenty period). I love my Keurig but hate that they break so easily.

I'm so happy to read such positive reviews of Cuisinart! We've had our eyes on this one because we do lots of instant cocoa, oatmeal, grits, etc., around here and I love the idea of the hot water tap.

BTW, I've been meaning to say a special "hey girl!" to you Quiv ~ we were friends back on the old AOL Moms Online boards forever ago.

Don't buy it!!!!!!

I bought that one a few days before Christmas and I just returned it a few weeks ago.

First of all, the hot water tasted like dirt so I never used that part.

Then a couple months ago, it started turning off in the middle of the brew cycle. It would brew a half-pot of coffee and then turn off.

I bought it at Sam's and they returned it, no problem.

I had another Cuisinart before that. It lasted 5 years so not too bad.

If you start looking on Amazon, almost every. single. coffee maker gets bad reviews so it's hard to know what to buy.

I ended up buying a G.E. percolator. It's only been a few weeks but so far it's great.

Don't buy it!!!!!!

I bought that one a few days before Christmas and I just returned it a few weeks ago.

First of all, the hot water tasted like dirt so I never used that part.

Then a couple months ago, it started turning off in the middle of the brew cycle. It would brew a half-pot of coffee and then turn off.

I bought it at Sam's and they returned it, no problem.

I had another Cuisinart before that. It lasted 5 years so not too bad.

If you start looking on Amazon, almost every. single. coffee maker gets bad reviews so it's hard to know what to buy.

I ended up buying a G.E. percolator. It's only been a few weeks but so far it's great.

:( Thanks for the heads up, Kitten! I honestly doubt we'd ever have $100 to spend on a coffee maker anyway, but the dream was nice while it lasted. <sigh>

Hello! How are you!?

We got a Krups for our wedding. It lasted 10 years, I almost had a meltdown when it died, it was so sweet.

We got a Cuisinart for dh's birthday, because the cheap one died the day before his birthday (great timing though!). It's chugging along so far.

I don't know what Krups reliability is like these days, but I liked ours. The Cuisinart has a nice spout so it doesn't spill when you're trying to pour.

I love Gevalia coffee pots. They are the ones that if you sign up for auto shipment of their coffee you get a "free coffee pot" and you can cancel after your first order. Each time I pay the 15 dollars and then cancel after I get my first shipment. They are great and I have owned 3 in 10 years.

I will also state that if you have hard water, the water can be "killing" your coffee pot and you may want to purchase bottled water to brew coffee with. We killed a coffee pot within six months of moving to AZ. The calcium builds up inside and it slowly stopped brewing.

We have a Bunn. Our first one lasted about 10 years and we're on about year 4 or 5 with our new one. The only reason we had to replace the last one is that we have hard water and it eventually killed the machine. Otherwise it would probably still be working. We drink a lot of coffee too.

I do think we have hard water. I never thought that could be why we arekilling coffee pots! I am going to try bottled water and see if that helps. We did grab a cheap one and we are looking. DH said he likes this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000X7CMQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and

http://www.amazon.com/Velocity-10-Cup-Thermal-Carafe-Coffee/dp/B000FFRYYK/ref=pd_sbs_hg_3

and

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DTC-975BKN-Thermal-Programmable-Coffeemaker/dp/B0000YTYGM/ref=sr_1_8?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1342100948&sr=1-8&keywords=Cuisinart+coffee+pot

Not sure yet which one we will buy. I need to read the reviews.