Menu

Staples deals!

I see that Staples is starting their one-cent deals tomorrow, according to their website! Looks like glue, pens, and crayons are the deals, plus 25-cent printer paper after rebate. I'm just not entirely sure if that's for all stores, or just some of them, because I know last year, the hot deals looked like they rotated among our area stores, and they don't have a preview for next week for my specific store, but I thought I'd send the heads-up.

I figured out last year that it depends on when school starts in your area. I'll check here, though! Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, that would make sense. Schools here do seem to start pretty early, like August 20th or so. When I was in school, we didn't start until after Labor Day, but then again, potential for snow days is much higher here than where I grew up, and I think there may be a few longer breaks in the schools here too. So starting earlier makes sense.

Glad to give the heads-up! :)

nevermind, i found it. question for anyone, i thought i remembered that last year someone said teachers can get more than the normal 2. is that true?

Last year I was able to get up to 25 of the specials. I seem to remember getting an email about the rules changing though but I can't seem to find it.

So, I've never really stocked up for school supplies, so which of these are good deals?

RoseArt Markers, 10-pack - $1.00

RoseArt Crayons, 24-pack - 1¢

Crayola Watercolors, 8-color case - $2.00

Staples School glue bottle - 1¢

Paper Mate Sharpwriter 0.7 mechanical pencils, 5-pack - 25¢

Sharpie fine point black markers, 5-pack - $1.00

Staples 8.5x11" paper, 500 sheets - 25¢ after rebate

Westcott 5" children's scissors, 2-pack - $1.00

They also have thin, multicolored, nontoxic dry erase pens on sale for 25c.

You can go to their website, punch in your zipcode, and call up the ad for your area. You can check to see what stores in your area have the deals.

The 1c deals are if you buy $5 of other stuff, btw, but it's before rebate, so if you get the computer paper, for example, you can get the 1c deals (the rebate will come in the mail and may be in the form of a Visa gift card, depending on...whatever it depends on--they aren't clear).

So, I've never really stocked up for school supplies, so which of these are good deals?

For me, the ones I made green. I don't like roseart crayons, so not worth it as crayons unless I wanted to use them for a project of some sort. The paper is a good deal, but I'm horrible about following through on rebates.

Roseart crayons are crap. The only reason I would buy them would be to donate to those tools for tots type programs to provide school supplies to poor families, because subpar crayons are better than zero crayons.

Of that list I would get the paper, sharpies, mechanical pencils, glue, markers. If I had no kids scissors I would get those, but I prefer fiskars. The watercolors it would depend on my budget as that is not much of a savings from regular price.

Thank you!!

For me, the ones I made green. I don't like roseart crayons, so not worth it as crayons unless I wanted to use them for a project of some sort. The paper is a good deal, but I'm horrible about following through on rebates.

I'm pretty awful about rebates too, but Staples really does make it insanely easy.

Look up the weekly ad that comes in the paper, Elegantlion. It's online at staplesdotcom

I did find a desk for ds. However, there are only a few one cent deals, like glue and crayons, no deals on paper yet. Hm, maybe they haven't hit our area yet.

Just a heads up for tomorrow's deals. I just came back from Staples. I asked what the teacher limit would be because we always get extra. He said there was a new policy this year. The teacher limit is 25 per item, but...after the initial limit of 2 or 5 per customer, you have to pay the overage (regular price). That money will go on your rewards card.

I laughed and told him they were in for some angry teachers tomorrow. Then dh says, "It's just easier if each of us stands in line and buys the limit, put them in the car, come back for more." Manager agreed! :confused:

They also have thin, multicolored, nontoxic dry erase pens on sale for 25c.

You can go to their website, punch in your zipcode, and call up the ad for your area. You can check to see what stores in your area have the deals.

The 1c deals are if you buy $5 of other stuff, btw, but it's before rebate, so if you get the computer paper, for example, you can get the 1c deals (the rebate will come in the mail and may be in the form of a Visa gift card, depending on...whatever it depends on--they aren't clear).

Yep, I will be buying the computer paper; I will need it eventually anyway, and it'll get me the 1-cent deals. Last time there was a rebate that was a Visa gift card, the online form gave me the option to receive a check instead of the Visa gift card, which was lovely.

Just a heads up for tomorrow's deals. I just came back from Staples. I asked what the teacher limit would be because we always get extra. He said there was a new policy this year. The teacher limit is 25 per item, but...after the initial limit of 2 or 5 per customer, you have to pay the overage (regular price). That money will go on your rewards card.

I laughed and told him they were in for some angry teachers tomorrow. Then dh says, "It's just easier if each of us stands in line and buys the limit, put them in the car, come back for more." Manager agreed! :confused:

Well, sure, because then you have to buy another $5 worth of stuff to get a few more 1-cent deals. That is going to make for some angry teachers, indeed!

I don't live anywhere near the store, but thanks to this post I looked at their online flyer. I ended ordering two new desks, the same one twice. We're using one in the classroom and grandma bought ds another for his room. For 49.99 with free delivery it was a great deal, especially since we looked all summer for the right one in our budget.

This is in the one we bought.

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&interceptedCatEntryId=448289&identifier=BI257439&langId=-1&storeId=10001