Menu

Gf inspiration thread

Imp's post the other has gotten me thinking about this whole gf thing. I agree with her 100% about it being emotionally harder when this diet is forced on you and not made by choice. Cause frankly, I'd be more than happy to continue eating gluten and biting into a Krispy Kreme donut if I knew it wouldn't rot my insides.

So, I thought we could post yummy meals that we eat here. It'll give others ideas and remind us of all the delicious food we CAN eat.

This morning breakfast was a smoothie.

Vanilla almond milk

Chia seeds

Almond butter

Chocolate syrup

Plain greek yogurt

It was very filling and very yummy

Chili

Clam chowder using corn starch rather than flour for thickening

Brisket chopped and put in a large potato with butter, sour cream, cheese, pickles and BBQ sauce

Tacos with corn chips or over rice

Pancit uses rice noodles and is incredible

We grill alot, steaks, chicken, pork, salmon, hamburgers

Dh's favorite meal is roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy using corn starch for the gravy

Pork Tenderloin

My seven year old dd has celiac disease. She was diagnosed at 3 years old.

For breakfast we had eggs in the nest--

Coat a muffin tin with olive oil. Press sausage into the muffin holes, creating little bowls. Crack an egg into each sausage bowl. Cook at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. One pound of sausage makes 12 eggs in the nest.

I make a couple dozen, and then put them in the fridge and warm them up the rest of the week.

This recipe is from the Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook. We have found some fun things in that cookbook.

Besides focusing on what you can have, you can also find ways to adapt recipes so that they are GF. My dd has been GF (celiac disease) for over 7 years. I have adapted many of the recipes I used to make into things she can eat. Just look at what ingredients are not GF and find substitutions. I substitute the noodles in lasagna with GF rice noodles. Easier than normal

because you don't have to precook the noodles. I make poppy seed chicken casserole with homemade GF cream of chicken soup (so much yummier than canned!) and Glutino crackers instead of Ritz.

The only thing I won't do is GF baking from scratch. That is an evil beast I don't want to tangle with.

Dinner last night:

Lamb meatballs (Started with this recipe but used 1lb grassfed beef and 1lb ground lamb and replaced the breadcrumbs with flaxmeal and sesame seeds. I skipped rolling the meatballs in sesame seeds. I've done it before, and it's pretty, but too much work for the effect.)

Yogurt dip (use the one in the recipe above or any basic tzatziki)

Rice (organic basmati... Put rice, water, 2 cardamom pods, a cinnamon stick, a T or two of butter, and the juice of a lemon in the pot, bring to a boil then turn way down 'til cooked)

Roasted cauliflower (cut cauliflower into florets, toss with olive oil, then bake at high heat until golden brown all over)

Green beans (blanch then toss with hot butter and lemon juice)

For most dinner meals, we do a meat, two veggies, and sometimes a starch (rice, potato, sweet potato)...

Breakfast is usually soft boiled eggs. Dh misses bread, so he sometimes has slices of Udi's for toast. I just eat more eggs. ;)

We are trying to see if going GFCF will help with the littles' eczema, DH and Pigby's digestion, and my acne. Here's my menu plan for the week.

Last night we had fried rice with GF soy sauce. It was still very good. I couldn't taste a difference.

Easy Pineapple Salsa Chicken Enchiladas. I plan on substituting Costco's Mango Salsa, just cuz I'm lazy like that. If it's GF that is, I haven't checked yet.

Lime chicken tacos

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas with a GF white sauce instead of SC

Easy Chicken and Balsamic Peppers

Turkey Meatloaf

Turkey Meatballs with Asian Style Noodles (only we'll use brown rice bc I'm cheap like that)

Other ideas I had:

roast chicken with carrots, onion, potatoes

Chicken soup with lentils instead of noodles

Ground turkey nachos with corn tortilla chips

Pina Colada Curry

Basil Chicken Coconut curry

Quinoa pilaf with shredded chicken

Black bean and rice enchiladas

For snacks I have recipes for no bake energy bites and spinach artichoke hummus w/ roasted red peppers. For breakfast we tried this coconut blueberry quinoa thing. Not a fan, so I might just splurge and buy some GF oatmeal. The main part of breakfast will be a green smoothie, the oatmeal can add a little bulk. Lunches are difficult....Salads with chicken or some kind of sandwich if I can tweak the GF bread recipe I have. Haven't quite gotten that one figured out yet.

My main concern was that most of the stuff had to be what could be found in a regular grocery store. Also, I didn't want to have to make a lot of stuff from scratch because I couldn't afford the premade stuff (like brown rice tortillas). I'm willing to spend more on coconut milk and some other things, but I wanted the bulk to be food we're used to.

Edited by meggie

Dinner last night:

Polenta

Grilled veggies

Lots of red pasta sauce.

My favorite GF treats are frozen yogurt and Starbucks drinks. Oh, and chocolate. And coconut macaroons. And Trader Joe's GF Snickerdoodles. And cheesecake made with GF Graham crackers.

I don't usually feel deprived. :D

I've been gluten free for a few months now. One thing we really love is chicken fried chicken with country gravy. I was so sad to think I would never have it again.

Chicken breasts dredged in almond flour is even better than wheat flour. Country gravy made with brown rice flour...can't even tell the difference. I'm also corn free so, I'm on a mission to find an alternative to traditional tamales.

I've been gluten free for a few months now. One thing we really love is chicken fried chicken with country gravy. I was so sad to think I would never have it again.

Chicken breasts dredged in almond flour is even better than wheat flour. Country gravy made with brown rice flour...can't even tell the difference. I'm also corn free so, I'm on a mission to find an alternative to traditional tamales.

We use a 50/50 blend of coconut flour and parmesan cheese as our breading of choice these days.

Imp's post the other has gotten me thinking about this whole gf thing. I agree with her 100% about it being emotionally harder when this diet is forced on you and not made by choice. Cause frankly, I'd be more than happy to continue eating gluten and biting into a Krispy Kreme donut if I knew it wouldn't rot my insides.

I missed the original discussion, but I agree it was really hard for me for the first six months to a year. I was not only feeling like it was totally unfair, but also in denial: "a little bit won't hurt." WRONG. It was mostly hard in social situations, having to refuse what everyone else was eating. That bothered me a lot at first.

But I'm used to it now. I've accepted it. It's just the way I have to live in order to not be chronically ill. Now I actually consider myself lucky that my illness has an effective treatment/prevention, because a lot of people are not so fortunate.

Now, you all may want to smack me upside the head for suggesting eliminating even more foods from your diet (and I wouldn't blame you), but I have to tell you from personal experience that cutting back on starches and sweets generally, not just the ones that have gluten, has helped tremendously in reducing my appetite/cravings for those kinds of foods, and made a profound difference in helping me not yearn for bread, brownies, cookies, etc.

For me, the more carbohydrate I eat, the more carbohydrate I want. But when I limit my carbs to about 55g or less per day, my appetite in general and for those foods in particular is greatly moderated. I don't do many GF substitutes (GF pastas, breads, etc.) for that reason -- it just keeps me wanting those foods, and the substitutes are never as good as the real thing. But I will note two big exceptions to the rule that I just put forth. :D I foundGF/LC recipes for peanut butter cookies and for pizza crust that I LOVE! The peanut butter cookies are a rare treat, because they do have a ton of splenda in them, and that's not exactly a health food. But the GF/LC pizza crust has become a regular menu item.

Anyway, to finally answer your original question, here's a typical day's menu for me:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs or a couple of pieces of bacon with a bowl of berries, unsweetened Greek yogurt, and a sprinkling of my "granola" (a mixture of chopped pecans, sliced almonds, and unsweetened coconut flakes.)

Lunch: Tuna or chicken salad on a bed of lettuce instead of on bread, or maybe some sandwich meat rolled up with cheese and pickles or peppers, and dipped in a little mustard or other dressing, with some carrot sticks.

Snack: Some cheese and/or some roasted nuts. Apple slices dipped in peanut butter. Maybe a Quest Bar, though they're so good I try to save them for my hikes, as a reward for my effort. :D

Dinner: A main dish from Linda's Low Carb website, or one of my favorite Paleo/Primal cookbooks. A cooked veggie dish (with coconut oil, butter or a creamy sauce, usually) and a raw veggie dish (usually a simple green salad). A little dark chocolate for dessert.

I have this warming in the oven right now. Yummy!

That does look good. I'd have to make something else for my oldest though as he can't have quinoa. I love quinoa though.

Coat a muffin tin with olive oil. Press sausage into the muffin holes, creating little bowls. Crack an egg into each sausage bowl. Cook at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. One pound of sausage makes 12 eggs in the nest.

I make a couple dozen, and then put them in the fridge and warm them up the rest of the week.

Brillant.

Besides focusing on what you can have, you can also find ways to adapt recipes so that they are GF. My dd has been GF (celiac disease) for over 7 years. I have adapted many of the recipes I used to make into things she can eat. Just look at what ingredients are not GF and find substitutions. I substitute the noodles in lasagna with GF rice noodles. Easier than normal

because you don't have to precook the noodles. I make poppy seed chicken casserole with homemade GF cream of chicken soup (so much yummier than canned!) and Glutino crackers instead of Ritz.

The only thing I won't do is GF baking from scratch. That is an evil beast I don't want to tangle with.

Funny, I love GF baking. I don't come up with my own mixes though I follow cookbooks.

As for substitutes I'm trying to think of things that will not break the bank cause we all know that gf noodles, crackers, and so forth are expensive. Crackers and pretzels are now a special treat that we only get rarely.

So, instead I do things like using eggplant instead of gf noodles in lasagna, lettuce leaves as "bread", cut up veggies and dip instead of crackers and dip, and so forth.

These chocolate chip cookies:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-gluten-free-recipe/index.html

are my favorite recipe EVER, GF or not.

I'm sure my eldest will love to bake these.

but I wanted the bulk to be food we're used to.

That's when it can get expensive.

My favorite GF treats are frozen yogurt and Starbucks drinks.

I won't touch Starbucks. Got really sick from a drink. After that I called the company to ask which drinks are gf, and they told me to basically think of none of them as being gf due to cross contamination.

Now, you all may want to smack me upside the head for suggesting eliminating even more foods from your diet (and I wouldn't blame you), but I have to tell you from personal experience that cutting back on starches and sweets generally, not just the ones that have gluten, has helped tremendously in reducing my appetite/cravings for those kinds of foods, and made a profound difference in helping me not yearn for bread, brownies, cookies, etc.

This is where I'm at now. When I was first diagnosed I went crazy with buying and making gf cookies, breads, cakes, muffins, etc. Went crazy!

Now, I'm ready to embrace a diet consisting of mostly naturally gf food of veggies, fruit, and grains like amaranth. I've been eating these things all long but now I want them to be the main focus because before I was obsessed with getting my fill on gf donuts and other goodies. :tongue_smilie:

For lunch today I had left over beef stir fry with broccolli and snow peas. The boys are having chicken sausages with apple slices and sunbutter.

For dinner I had planned on broiled salmon with a blackberry sauce and spinach salad, but the boys are overruling me asking for pizza.

I guess I can check out the pizza recipe above. :001_smile:

I guess I can check out the pizza recipe above. :001_smile:

My family loves it. I recommended it to a friend and she said it was really good but tasted more like a frittataa than pizza crust. Maybe that means she didn't like it that much buy was trying to be kind? It doesn't taste eggy to me, just cheesy. I love it!

Last night was treat night here, GF pizza. I've been using GF Mama's Almond Flour Mix- Pizza Mix. It is awesome and way better than any of the 10+ other homemade recipes I've tried. I made homemade italian sausage and used nitrate/gf/casein free pepperoni, homemade sauce and plain grated parmesan. Totally tasted like Totino's but better, which helped satisfy a pregnancy craving.

This is a naturally GF baked good found on a box of Swan's potato starch. It is between angel food cake and pound cake. Really easy to do. Of course you can use any brand of potato starch

6 eggs

1 1/2 cups of sifted sugar

1 1/2 tsp grated lemon rinds

3 tbs lemon juice

1 1/4 cups Swan Potato Starch Flour

1/4 cup boiling water

Instructions:

1. Separate eggs, place egg yolks in mixer, (biggest bowl) beat until light, beat in sugar gradually.

2. Add the lemon rind and lemon juice to boiling water, add to mixture and mix until thoroughly blended.

3. Fold in Swan Potato Starch Flour.

4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed, fold gently into mixture.

5. Place in ungreased 10in bunt pan, bake at 300 degrees for 30 mins, increase heat to 350 degrees and bake 35-40 mins longer.

6. Invert pan and allow to cool.

This morning I ate a small bowl of Cinnamon Chex cereal with almond milk and a cup of coffee with vanilla almond milk.

Yesterday's lunch was:

Grilled deer tenderloin with GF bbq sauce, granny smith apples sauteed in a brown sugar/cinnamon sauce and sprinkled with dried cranberries, and summer salad (brocolli, raisins, onions, crumbled bacon, a tad of cheddar cheese and GF poppy seed dressing).

I am learning how to cook in the dutch oven so I also made a GF blueberry cobbler.

My absolute favorite dish to make on days I need comfort food is baked acorn squash with apples, raisins, walnuts and a brown sugar sauce.

I have also developed an affinity for spaghetti squash but the price of ss in my area is outrageous.

I got a copy of the new cookbook Herbivoracious by Michael Natkin, and I was pleased to discover that many of his recipes are either GF or have a GF option (such as using GF Tamari sauce in lieu of traditional soy sauce). He has a blog as well. We had this lentil-rice pilaf dish the other day and it was delicious. We used Earth Balance instead of butter to make it dairy-free.

We visited family all weekend. At my mom's we had hamburgers and hotdogs (mine were cooked on foil to avoid contamination with the grill) and I didn't find gf buns so I ate sans bun. Along with that we had corn on the cob and baked beans. I made a blueberry cobbler, but didn't get any because everyone else ate it. I guess I need to make two.

Yesterday we went unexpectedly to my in-laws. It's harder for me to eat there. At my mom's she always has gf stuff there for me and the boys. My in-laws don't even think about it. I take our food, but yesterday was short on time since I wasn't expecting to go there. All I got do was grab a gf microwave meal. Blech. It's been a long time since I've eaten a microwave meal. It was better than having nothing to eat, but not something I'd want to eat regularly. :001_smile:

I did what I call Kitchen Sink Soup last night.

Basically, it's chicken broth/stock w/whatever odds and ends of veggies and leftovers I have in the fridge.

so, last night it was chicken broth, 2 different kinds of onions, chopped baby carrots, celery, 2 handfuls of rice, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Oh, and a bit of butter to saute the onion and celery.

So gooooooood.

I always buy boxes of chicken and beef broth when on sale, so it's a really, REALLY economical meal as well.

I am eating very, very low carb which includes being gluten free. I tried this bread last night and it was awesome! I made it in a muffin-top pan so that I have 12 buns rather than a loaf of bread. The ingredient list is so small and contains no flour so I was very skeptical. It can also be made with almond butter. If you have a hankering for bread, give this one a try.

http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2011/03/mr-peanut-sandwich-bread.html

I am eating very, very low carb which includes being gluten free. I tried this bread last night and it was awesome! I made it in a muffin-top pan so that I have 12 buns rather than a loaf of bread. The ingredient list is so small and contains no flour so I was very skeptical. It can also be made with almond butter. If you have a hankering for bread, give this one a try.

I've made some almond butter bread and brownies before but never peanut butter looks like an easy recipe.

I wonder how it would turn out with sunbutter as we can't eat peanuts in our house.

I think she posted that if you use sunbutter the bread would be green. She mentioned something about making it for St. Patrick's Day.:D

Could you use almond butter?

I have to recommend a GF cookbook I picked up. This morning I made banana, coconut, Choc chip muffins. They were fantastic! The book also has recipes for savory dishes like Asian style dumplings. It's called Gluten Free Makeovers.

I love the chart of flours that enables you to find a substitute for any GF flour and still have the dish work. We cannot use nut flours and dislike the taste of certain seed flours.

Sandra

Cranberry-Swiss Chicken Salad

2 c cooked chicken/turkey

Ă‚Â½ c mayo

2 TBS Dijon mustard

2 TBS honey

Ă‚Â½ c chopped celery

Ă‚Â½ c Craisins

4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded or sliced

Serve cold or bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.

"Grandma Ruth's" Chicken Salad

2 c cooked chicken breast

3 TBS lemon juice

1 tsp salt

Ă‚Â½-1 c mayo

2 c grated cheddar cheese

1 can water chestnuts, very finely diced (may be omitted).

Directions

Shred chicken. Add lemon juice and salt, and mix by hand.

Chop up water chestnuts, add to chicken.

Add mayo and cheese, stir.

Serve cold or add crushed potato chips and bake at 350F until bubbly and serve warm.

Kung Pao Chicken

2-3 chicken breasts, diced

1 egg white

1 TBS corn starch

1 c unsalted peanuts

cooking oil

Sauce: (Blend together)

2/3 c Tamari wheat-free Soy Sauce

Ă‚Â¼ c Peanut butter

Ă‚Â½ c Black beans

1/8 c molasses

Ă‚Â¼ c white vinegar

3 T garlic powder

Ă‚Â½ tsp black pepper

2 T rice wine vinegar (may omit)

2 T sugar

3 TBS corn starch

1-2 cups chicken broth

2 T sesame seeds

Directions

Whisk corn starch and egg white and coat the diced chicken with it. Set aside.

Heat 1-2 TBS oil in nonstick pan over medium heat. Add peanuts and cook 2-3 minutes -- until very lightly browned. Remove peanuts and set aside. Place chicken mixture in remaining oil and cook over medium heat until done. Add sauce and peanuts, cooking just until warm.

Serve over rice.

Old Fashioned Potato Pinwheel Candy

1 TBS hot plain mashed potatoes (w/o butter or milk)

2 lbs powdered sugar

1 TBS evaporated milk (use coconut milk if you avoid dairy)

Ă‚Â¼ tsp vanilla

peanut butter

Directions

Mix all ingredients but peanut butter. Roll out Ă‚Â¼ -Ă‚Â½ inch thick on waxed paper. Spread with Ă‚Â¼Ă¢â‚¬ peanut butter. Roll into a log. Refrigerate 1 hr+. Cut into Ă‚Â½Ă¢â‚¬ slices.

Pizza Crust (and Focaccia, Rolls, Loaf Bread)

From "Brad's Basics" by Ginny Nehring

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine:

1 packet (or 1.5 TBS) Red Star Bread Machine Yeast

2 t. sugar

1 Ă‚Â¾ c lukewarm water

Allow to sit in a non-drafty place and become foamy.

In a separate bowl, combine the following dry ingredients:

Ă‚Â¼ cup sugar

1 Ă‚Â½ t. salt

2/3 cup Dari-Free Ă¢â‚¬Å“milkĂ¢â‚¬ powder

2 cups Brown Rice Flour (I use BobĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Red Mill, the recipe author uses Ener-G Foods brand)

2 cups Tapioca Flour (Ener-G Foods)

3 Ă‚Â½ t. xanthan gum

Blend dry ingredients, and dump into a mixer. Add wet ingredients:

Add 3 eggs, one at a time

1/4c ghee (casein-free butter) or 1/4c olive oil if avoiding all dairy

Yeast water (should be foamy by this time)

Mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes. The dough will be the consistency of thick cake batter, not bread dough Ă¢â‚¬â€œ itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s very wet. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with non-stick spray, or use a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Place about Ă‚Â¼ of the dough on the parchment/cookie sheet. Sprinkle liberally with more tapioca flour. Using your hands, gently pat the tapioca-covered dough into the size and shape you prefer. Keep adding more tapioca flour as necessary, so that the dough is not too sticky to pat out. Try to push the dough gently outward, not down, to thin it and even it out. (If you overpat the dough, it gets wrinkly and is less pliable when cooked.) If you prefer thick-crust pizza, allow the dough to rise before baking. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Freeze any crusts that you wonĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t use immediately. When ready to cook take it out of the freezer, dust off the excess tapioca with a basting brush, baste the edges with olive oil and add your toppings. Bake at 400F until the cheese is bubbly.

This same recipe above will make bread rolls, loaf bread, cinnamon rolls and fococcia, too.

For rolls, drop bun-sized portions of dough into a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. I let mine rise for a while before baking, but itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s not necessary. (These can be done on a cookie sheet, but IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve used a popover pan and cupcake pans to make rolls, and it worked well.) Store any rolls not eaten in the first 24 hrs in the freezer. Microwave briefly to thaw and recover soft texture.

For loaf bread, spray two loaf pans with non-stick spray. Put 1/2 of the dough in each, and allow to rise for 30-60 minutes. Bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes. Cool completely, slice, and store frozen. Toast briefly before eating.

For focaccia, add 2 T of fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil, etc.), 1/2c finely shredded parmesan or cheddar cheese, 1/4t red pepper flakes and 2 cloves garlic (crushed) into the dough. Dump Ă‚Â¼ portion of dough into a brownie pan or pie pan, and allow it to rise awhile if preferred. Brush the dough with olive oil, then bake for 8-12 minutes at 400 degrees. If the dough needs more time to bake, poke a few holes in the dough and brush it with additional olive oil if preferred.

For cinnamon rolls, pat out the dough on parchment paper as if youĂ¢â‚¬â„¢re making a large rectangular pizza. Add butter substitute, cinnamon and sugar, and use the parchment paper to roll up the dough. Cut slices of rolled dough, and place 6-8 slices in a greased cake pan, half an inch or so apart. Allow to rise in a 200F oven or in a warm spot. (When they rise, the rolls will fill the pan.) Bake 15-20 minutes at 375F. While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make mock cream cheese icing. Spread icing on cinnamon rolls while still warm. Freeze rolls if not eaten within 24 hours or so. (Frosting recipe is below, after gingerbread.)

Crusts, rolls and focaccia will keep well frozen. Pizza crusts can be folded in half even after being frozen and thawed, and donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t have a cracker texture or grittiness.

GFCF Gingerbread

2 TBS fresh ginger, grated

1 TBS sugar (mix ginger and sugar)

1/2 cup sorghum flour

1/2 cup sweet rice flour

1/2 cup potato starch flour

1/2 cup teff flour

3/4 tsp baking SODA

3/4 tsp salt

2 tsp ground ginger

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp cracked black pepper

12 TBS (1.5 sticks) Earth Balance Buttery Spread, softened

3/4 cup brown sugar, packed

3 large eggs

1/2 cup molasses

1/2 hemp milk

3 ounces (about 1/3 package) Follow Your Heart Vegan Cream Cheese

Mix all dry ingredients. Add fresh ginger/sugar, wet ingredients and blend well. Pour into cupcake pan with cupcake liners and bake at 325F Convection (350F conventional) for 15-18 minutes. Cool, then frost with Mock Cream Cheese Frosting.

Mock Cream Cheese Frosting for cinnamon rolls

1 container Ă¢â‚¬Å“Follow Your HeartĂ¢â‚¬ vegan cream cheese

2/3 container Earth Balance buttery spread (or soy-free buttery spread)

1.5-2 pounds confectionerĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s sugar

1-2 TBS vanilla (optional)

Allow Earth Balance spread to come to room temperature. Add non-dairy cream cheese, and blend together for 1-2 minutes. Add confectionerĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s sugar in small batches, until the frosting is the consistency you like. Add vanilla if desired. Frosts several batches of cinnamon rolls or cupcakes. Refrigerate or freeze unused frosting.

GF free, soy free and milk free (but not dairy free-I can eat hard cheese and yogurt)

Father's Day we had my favorite gluten free meal-Salerno Spaghetti, modified from the Cook's Illustrated recipe to be gluten free.

Tonight it was very simple-baked potato followed by two slices of GF bread toasted with some honey from my father's bee-hives. Call me simple, but that's as good as it gets, folks. GF, delicious and not feeling at all sorry for myself.

Other than that, I've got to say seared tenderloin steaks with a simple pan sauce served up next to steamed broccoli and topped with roasted mushrooms is pretty tasty too.

I think she posted that if you use sunbutter the bread would be green. She mentioned something about making it for St. Patrick's Day.:D

Could you use almond butter?

I was just reading last week about cooking with sunbutter and it was talking about it turning green and it seemed there was something to do to prevent that but it has slipped out of my head. Although, I don't think it effects the taste any.

We are mostly grain-free, and yesterday I made the "oatmeal creme pies" from www.unrefinedkitchen.com and they are fabulous! We have the fruit pizza waiting for us to have for breakfast in the morning!

The fruit pizza looks good.

Last night was salmon with blackberry sauce and millet. Breakfast is leftover millet with the sauce and watermelon.

I just made this with almond butter. It's so good! I'm amazed. It has zero flour.

I just made this with almond butter. It's so good! I'm amazed. It has zero flour.

I know! Who would have thought that nut butter + eggs = bread?

I took some to work to share with some co-workers who are also low-carb and they loved it, too. Tomorrow I'll take the recipe for everyone.:D

I know! Who would have thought that nut butter + eggs = bread?

I took some to work to share with some co-workers who are also low-carb and they loved it, too. Tomorrow I'll take the recipe for everyone.:D

I bet this bread tastes really good with Nutella spread on it. Just sayin'