Menu

Is it strange to take flowers for the graduate to a high school graduation ceremony?

My little boys want to bring flowers to give to their big sister after her graduation ceremony on Thursday. Is this weird? Do people do this sometimes?

Moose also wants to bring her a cake, lol, but I nixed that. :D That's what he, in his six year old wisdom, has decided that one gets for a woman who is celebrating something; flowers and a cake. Smart boy. :tongue_smilie: Wanna guess what he picked out for me for Mother's Day? :D

So anyway, will it be sweet or strange if I let them do this? I'm thinking of taking them to the florist, lettting them pick out a SMALL bouquet, then having the flower shop split the bouquet in half so they each have a very small bouquet for her. And that way, I'm sure it's 'even'. 'Cause, you know, everything must be EVEN. :glare::lol:

Edited by bethanyniez
my bouquets had missing 'u's

Ah, your boys sound sweet! My 6 year old son also always wants to bring cake. And a Lego set.

At my high school graduation, my good friend's mom made me a lei. We had white robes, and she made it with crimson carnations and it was BEAUTIFUL. She is Samoan and made it herself, but I wonder if you could get the florist to make one? I think all girls like to get flowers, but carrying them around might be a pain. I was happy for my lei, and it really stood out in all the pictures.

My little boys want to bring flowers to give to their big sister after her graduation ceremony on Thursday. Is this weird? Do people do this sometimes?

Moose also wants to bring her a cake, lol, but I nixed that. :D That's what he, in his six year old wisdom, has decided that one gets for a woman who is celebrating something; flowers and a cake. Smart boy. :tongue_smilie: Wanna guess what he picked out for me for Mother's Day? :D

So anyway, will it be sweet or strange if I let them do this? I'm thinking of taking them to the florist, lettting them pick out a SMALL boquet, then having the flower shop split the boquet in half so they each have a very small boquet for her. And that way, I'm sure it's 'even'. 'Cause, you know, everything must be EVEN. :glare::lol:

I think it is sweet and thoughtful! I wouldn't worry about what others do.

Dh gave dd a dozen, long-stem roses when we graduated her.

Faith

I think it would be lovely! My dd graduated from christian school and during the ceremony the students come down from the stage and give their mothers a flower. Makes my cry every time:) Having the boys give their sister flowers is such a nice idea, kudos to your boys for thinking of it!

We always give flowers to our graduates, or anyone performing in a recital, or a play, or for anything, really. Apparently flowers are our way of saying "You worked hard; great job!"

My almost 18yodd (the early hs grad, community college at 16 one) was invited to participate in her very best friend's graduation from a local PS last week.

I felt like this :confused:

But the school let her sit with the graduating class in a cap & gown and she was in the pictures. I thought it was weird, but these two girls have been besties since they were six, and they wanted to do this together.

Both girls wore stunning leis of deep purple and white flowers that looked great with their royal blue gowns.

It is so nice that your boys want to give their sister flowers.

Amber in SJ

I think it's very sweet, and not terribly uncommon here.

When my DD7 graduated from the early childhood program (her private school had Pre-K, JK, and K separate from the "big school, and had a graduation-for DD, it was when she left traditional schools entirely), some of the parents gave their little girls flowers. I gave DD7 a graduation cap and gown for her stuffed dragon, who had gone to K with her in her backpack every day, and who the teacher made a graduation certificate for :). A stuffed Mickey Mouse also graduated that day-similar situation.