Menu

Celebrate with me :)

This is likely not a big deal to anyone else, but I'm absolutely elated. My oldest daughter, who just turned 20 yrs. old, has earned her high school diploma. She has been through some rough times since beginning to homeschool at the start of 11th grade. I have posted questions and concerns about her as I've tried to guide her over these past 4 years. I swear I had reached a point where I thought she probably wouldn't complete the graduation requirements but she finally decided to buckle down and do the last two classes she needed. She has earned an accredited diploma through Keystone High School. All of her parents, DH, me, her dad and stepmom, wanted her to earn the accredited diploma hoping it would make things easier, especially if our encouragement for college plays out.

She's in the application process to a 2-yr college but has no idea what she might want to study. She isn't even sure if she wants to go but we all feel relief that she is ready for the next step of deciding whether to go to college or change jobs (she hates working as a server in a restaurant). I hate to say it, but I feel a tremendous amount of relief. Whew! It took more time than we anticipated but I am still proud of how she handled some of the issues she's encountered. But she's finally graduated! I can finally say I have one child graduated from high school.

:party: