Menu

Dieters- what's for breakfast?

I count calories, not official WW....but my go-to breakfast is....

Real oatmeal. The 5 minute oats and the steel cut are similar, nutrition wise. I keep both on hand and use whatever the morning allows. I have good luck cooking a big batch of steel cut, refrigerating, and scooping out a serving each morning. They hold their texture well.

Frozen blueberries (packs a punch of flavor for few calories). Throw these in the last few minutes of cooking or thaw a bit. These let me skip sugar or sugar substitute.

Handful of almonds, lightly chopped. (I measured my handful several times, so I get a consistent serving.

Dash of unsweetened almond milk. Lower calorie than regular.

Flax seed

I usually have one of these with fruit on the side: an egg white omlet with cheese in a low-carb wrap, oatmeal with raisins or chopped apple, nuts and cinnamon, or smoothie made with skim milk, protein powder, frozen fruit and scoop of chia seeds.

I just got hired by WW to work one day a week weighing in members. So excited to be part of WW team!

Low carber here, my go-to breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, and a can of V-8. That is for "at my desk" breakfasts (I bring a week supply of both in with me on Mondays).

At home, an omelette made with what ever cheese and veggies I have on hand.

Oh, and of course: (this space reserved for the coffee smilie)

~coffee~

I have eggs cooked in salted coconut oil most weeks.

Today I wasn't hungry so I skipped breakfast entirely and am eating steamed, mashed cauliflower with pesto.

Don't think of breakfast as mainly eating breakfast foods. While I don't desire a nice big salad for breakfast, many days I have had soup or sauteed veggies with or without eggs.

I also love refried beans for breakfast.

oatmeal (quick oats), frozen blueberries, hard boiled egg

scrambled eggs (1 whole, 2 whites) in a tortilla with salsa, 1/2 c. oj

V8 and 2 hard boiled eggs

I must have protein at breakfast to make it until lunch w/o feeling like I'm wasting away.

Allergic to eggs & milk so it's protein smoothies for me. Generally with this recipe:

Half a Magic Bullet full of ice

Coconut milk/cream {generally the light} a quarter of the way up the magic bullet {after ice has been added}

Water to the halfway mark

1/8 - 1/4 t Stevia

3 Heaping spoons of Pea Protein Powder

2 spoons of Coconut sugar {or a splash of maple syrup}

2 heaped spoons of cocoa powder

Whirl until smooth & creamy. :D

I like peaches, strawberries & spinach too.

I have eggs cooked in salted coconut oil most weeks.

Today I wasn't hungry so I skipped breakfast entirely and am eating steamed, mashed cauliflower with pesto.

Don't think of breakfast as mainly eating breakfast foods. While I don't desire a nice big salad for breakfast, many days I have had soup or sauteed veggies with or without eggs.

I also love refried beans for breakfast.

What a great idea you've given me, I love refried beans! Adding that to my list of breakfast ideas.

~coffee~

Oatmeal, with a side of yogurt.

Scrambled Eggs, with a bit of cheese, and turkey bacon/sausage.

Cheese Omelet, with a side of cottage cheese and fruit.

My diet calls for high protein, so I tend to have Eggs, cottage cheese, or greek yogurt, or a turkey meat with my breakfast.

I'm not on Weight Watchers, and I'm a vegan, which probably means I won't be terribly helpful.

However, my favorite breakfasts are:

- oatmeal with fruit and / or some cashews sprinkled on top.

- rice cakes spread with all-fruit jam and, again, some cashews.

- grits with a piece of fruit on the side.

- half a bagel spread with hummus, piece of fruit on side.

- protein-spiked smoothie.

I forgot to mention the smoothie until I saw it on other people's lists. I make mine with a cup of calcium-fortified OJ, a cup of frozen strawberries (unsweetened), a banana (best if I freeze some in advance and add half frozen, half fresh), one packet of Equal and one scoop of protein powder. It's under 400 calories and packs a huge nutritional punch.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

Sauteed veggies mixed with scrambled eggs, oatmeal, or a smoothie.

Veggies are almost always mushrooms, zucchini, onions, and bell pepper. Saute those, then add in a scrambled egg or two and cook.

Oatmeal- the kind you cook. Adding fruit or nuts makes it less boring.

Smoothie- a spoonful of yogurt, a cup of frozen sliced strawberries, half a banana, and sometimes adding in blueberries or pineapple or something. A dash of milk to thin if needed. We like ours creamy so we don't add juice or ice.

Some of you gave me some good ideas!

as much as possible LOL! Lets see, I eat oatmeal/cocoa, sometimes 1egg/1eggwhite burrito, fruit smoothies, milk and cereal....Not sure why breakfast is a huge problem. Everyone's ideas are good ones. Just don't fry everything in oil and you should be good to go. In other words, eat what you want as long as it isn't fruit loops, greasy everything, pop tarts, donuts, etc...

Today, I had a banana ( 0 points), a light string cheese stick ( 1 point) and a zone bar (6 points) with coffee. Whew....that was a lot of food!

Sometimes I will have an egg white omelette with sautéed zucchini and onions ( I sautée it in ICBINB spray) . When I make this for company, I use whole eggs, and sautée the veggies in olive oil.

Sometimes I will also sautée fresh spinach and fresh minced garlic in that fake butter spray and make an egg white scramble out of that, too.

I find I need a good amount of protein in the morning, or my blood sugar levels get messed up.