Menu

Flylady followers....shoes??

If you follow Flylady's guidelines for shoes that tie....what kind of shoes do you wear?? I don't want frump, and I am tired of sneakers or running shoes all the time.

Please....where do you buy your tie up shoes? Please post pics or links....

Thanks!!!!

Faithe

Shoes! In the house! Are you trying to start a war here? :lol::lol::tongue_smilie: Actually that thought makes me a little twitchy, I love the feel of hardwood on bare feet and I live in flip flops in the summer. They are housed by the backdoor, where they should be. :tongue_smilie:

Does a Mary Jane count as a laceup?

What about a boat shoe? They do lace and seem to be quite popular. Here are some options on Zappos, casual but not frumpy.

http://www.zappos.com/womens-boat-shoes~w?zfcTest=gs:0

I only wear shoes that tie in the winter, when it's, you know, cold, and I'm also wearing thick socks. :-)

Otherwise, I wear good summer-y shoes: Merrel slides, Clark sandals, Tevas, etc. Sadly, I have to wear shoes all the time because apparently my feet don't like being bare as much as I like them to be. :-( so I'm still completely dressed with shoes on.

I hate having my feet constrained in shoes that tie, but one does what one must. :) I have a pair of Rykas walking shoes that I got from QVC; they are comfortable, and they look like a suede shoe (I know trainers/walking shoes/etc. are comfortable and good for your feet, but I don't like wearing blinding white shoes with the darker color pants I wear in the winter. It's just me. :D).

OY! I hate shoes too....but, my feet hurt. Having them compressed with a laced shoe makes them feel better....and I feel ready to go whenever.

I like the routine of getting up, dressed, make-up....shoes.

I could easily stay in pj's all day and never, ever put on shoes again.....but then I would never get anything done:D. Kudos to those who can work and focus in their comfies....me?....I just can't:confused:

If I felt like I had to follow a rule of tie up shoes, I would find a pair that were cute or that I like (probably a simple keds) and put insoles inside because my feet no longer do "flat sole" shoes... that way I would avoid the sneaker look or the nurse's shoe look...

I do know that I feel like getting more done when I have shoes on, but I often just wear whatever I want... Right now I keep sandal flip flops by the door...

My name is Garga and I wear shoes in the house.

Ok--with that out of the way:

I follow Flylady and I believe her point of the tie-up shoes isn't that they have to literally tie. It's that they have to fit well and not fly off your feet easily.

So: I wear boots that zip in the winter, and I wear sandals that strap securely to my feet in the summer. That way, if I'm in my sandals have need to run after a kid, or walk through gravel, or down into my creepy million legger filled basement I can do so easily, where I might not be able to in flip flops.

I do Flylady when I'm in the mood.

I think she's wrong about wearing shoes in the house. Studies have shown a lot of ICK is transmitted on the bottoms of our shoes.

I have Crocs I wear only in the house because the tile and the wood hurt my feet after awhile. But we store our shoes in the garage or on trays right by the doors.

I rarely wear shoes so i adapted the dressed to shoes part. I get really bad ingrown toenails. So i wake, shower, brush teeth, start laundry, put on clothes, put my hair up, go diwnstairs, start coffee, and in place of shoes i deal with my nails. Every other day i switch a nail softener cream and vicks vapor rub. On vicks days i also wear socks.

I rarely wear shoes so i adapted the dressed to shoes part. I get really bad ingrown toenails. So i wake, shower, brush teeth, start laundry, put on clothes, put my hair up, go diwnstairs, start coffee, and in place of shoes i deal with my nails. Every other day i switch a nail softener cream and vicks vapor rub. On vicks days i also wear socks.

Sorry to hi-jack: but please tell me about "nail softener cream and vicks vapor rub" for dealing with ingrown toenails. My Dh suffers tremendously from ingrowns and I would love some help for him.

To be *on topic*: we don't wear shoes in the house; I live in Crocs year round due to my Rheumatoid Disease. I could never let anyone else dictate what shoes I must wear! (I do do "shiny sink" though).

~coffee~

I think she is weird about the shoes thing. We don't wear shoes in the house, and live in an area where almost everyone takes shoes off at the door. The lace-up shoe part is even stranger. Does she know something I don't about making lace-up shoes look good with skirts and dresses?

I love flylady, but I don't agree with her about the shoes having to be "tie ups." I wear sandals or flip-flops when it's warm; tennis shoes if I'm going to be working out later and bare feet if the floors are already clean. We plan to put in new carpet this year in the master bedroom and living room and the plan will be strictly NO shoes for the carpet. The kids tend to leave their shoes by the back door anyway because they usually have mud and who-knows-what-else from the pasture. Personally, I aspire to be a no-shoes household, but my husband won't cooperate.

It's not a really important part of her program, IMO. The principle of it is important, though. Get up, get dressed, get going. I tend to be more productive if I get up, get a shower and get completely dressed.

We usually do not wear shoes in the house. My take on the tie shoes is that it's a habit intended to set the stage for a more prepared or focused mindset. Shoes don't really do that for me. I tried the shoe-wearing idea, to discover that I find them a bothersome distraction and constantly long to take them off.

If I was inclined to wear shoes, I would probably wear an indoor-only slip-on shoe, like an athletic-style Mary Jane. I am in and out from the back yard and garden, so something I could slip off quickly to slip on my garden clogs would be ideal. I can't imagine having to tie my shoes every time I came back inside.

Cat

I am like Mr. Rogers. None of us ever wore shoes in the house....but NOW, MAH FEET HURT! So, I have inside the house shoes...and outside the house shoes.

Just recently, my feet are killing me and tie-ups help with that....so I need tie-ups.

Thanks for the suggestions...

I fly lady.....and I don't wear shoes in my house. I do everything else, though. I can't tell my kids to take their shoes off at the door and I am keeping mine on?! I have considered crocs for in the house but I just haven't justified the extra cost. Being barefoot has not hendered my cleaning abilities in the least bit.