Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

Thanks, all! It's hard not to still worry a little when you read about so many other women having levels way into the 5,000's or more by this stage, but all I can do is reassure myself that they are rising/doubling like they should and wait to see that heartbeat! 9 more days to go, at least it's a single digit wait now! :D

Yep! It will be here soon! :) Hang in there hon. How is your throat??

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all! It's hard not to still worry a little when you read about so many other women having levels way into the 5,000's or more by this stage, but all I can do is reassure myself that they are rising/doubling like they should and wait to see that heartbeat! 9 more days to go, at least it's a single digit wait now! :D

This was the hardest time for me, I hate waiting. Just one day at a time, and LOTS of distraction! :grouphug:

My throat is tons better. It doesn't hurt to swallow anymore, though I have a post nasal drip that makes my throat scratchy and makes me cough, especially as I'm falling asleep. Still taking antibiotics and ear drops.

I made it to the 6 week mark as of today with no problems! :) 8 more days until my ultrasound!

Last night I was watching A Baby Story show from TLC and my 11 y/o dd came in to watch. She turned to me and asked if I was ever going to have another baby because she really wanted a little sister (but not another little brother because they are annoying haha) and that she would help take care of it and change diapers and everything.

It was a little tempting to go "Well, actually...!" but I just told her to watch the show lol. I don't want to get the kids excited and then have to give them bad news, so I want to make sure there is a heartbeat at the very least, and maybe even get through the first trimester before I tell them.

Wow! What a journey you & your "sweet pea" are off to together already! I just sat here this morning & read through all 46 pages of this thread!!

I'm praying for you & your family. Thanks for sharing this journey with The Hive. What a blessing for us too!

I hope all goes well at your dr. visit & you get to recovering from the sickies soon!

I remember sharing the news of a new sibling with our children right after I found out was exciting. We found out only a few weeks later it was only the "home" for baby & no baby. It was not only devastating for dh & I, but our kidlets too! I advise waiting to share the news as you are.

Wow! What a journey you & your "sweet pea" are off to together already! I just sat here this morning & read through all 46 pages of this thread!!

I'm praying for you & your family. Thanks for sharing this journey with The Hive. What a blessing for us too!

I hope all goes well at your dr. visit & you get to recovering from the sickies soon!

I remember sharing the news of a new sibling with our children right after I found out was exciting. We found out only a few weeks later it was only the "home" for baby & no baby. It was not only devastating for dh & I, but our kidlets too! I advise waiting to share the news as you are.

My kids still talk about the baby I lost just before 6 weeks 5 years ago. When I got pg with my youngest I did not tell them until after that first u/s when I saw the hb, then I felt safe enough to tell them.

Can't wait to hear about your u/s once the day arrives. I am so glad that thus far everything is normal.

Keep busy so time flies on by.

I'm trying! Yesterday I went to a used book sale, took my daughter to judo, took my son to teeball, cleaned my kitchen and read almost a whole book lol.

Today we are taking the kids to a festival from 12-4. Wanted to go get a pedicure first but they don't open until 11 so will have to do that another time. Tomorrow the kids have dentist appointments and I have a mom's night out dinner. Maybe I will get my pedicure in the afternoon in between those things. :D

And of course still trying to wrap up school!

5 more days! Until the u/s, not of school. :P

I'm trying! Yesterday I went to a used book sale, took my daughter to judo, took my son to teeball, cleaned my kitchen and read almost a whole book lol.

Today we are taking the kids to a festival from 12-4. Wanted to go get a pedicure first but they don't open until 11 so will have to do that another time. Tomorrow the kids have dentist appointments and I have a mom's night out dinner. Maybe I will get my pedicure in the afternoon in between those things. :D

And of course still trying to wrap up school!

5 more days! Until the u/s, not of school. :P

Yay!! I'm looking forward it! I can't wait for you to see your baby's heartbeat! :)

LOL! Yay! Getting so close now! And so far so good, nothing happening to make me nervous or anything! So hopefully all is well!

The problem with you East Coasters is that you have a 3 hour head start. I was just coming on to say 4 more days!:D I haven't been this excited for an ultra sound since my last one.:001_smile:

The problem with you East Coasters is that you have a 3 hour head start. I was just coming on to say 4 more days!:D I haven't been this excited for an ultra sound since my last one.:001_smile:

LOL well I appreciate you counting down and being excited with me! :)

Nance, who is getting a pedicure as we "speak!" (You guys DID suggest staying busy and distracted to pass the time, right)? :D

Nance, who is getting a pedicure as we "speak!" (You guys DID suggest staying busy and distracted to pass the time, right)? :D

Ohhh jealous, I haven't had a pedicure since last summer....

You deserve one, after all... YOU ARE PREGNANT:party::party:

enjoy:001_smile:

LOL! Yay! Getting so close now! And so far so good, nothing happening to make me nervous or anything! So hopefully all is well!
:) That's great news!! :hurray: :party:

Nice! This is a woman who knows how to do pregnancy! :) What color did you go with? Did you go with any of the trends? I have neon hot pink on my toes right now! :D I wish it had been a professional pedicure though instead of a DIY. Those foot massages are wonderful! :tongue_smilie:

:) That's great news!! :hurray: :party:

Nice! This is a woman who knows how to do pregnancy! :) What color did you go with? Did you go with any of the trends? I have neon hot pink on my toes right now! :D I wish it had been a professional pedicure though instead of a DIY. Those foot massages are wonderful! :tongue_smilie:

It's actually a shimmery pale green. Very summery looking! :D

3 more days!!!

Oaky, now I'm totally caught up in this and looking forward to the results of the U/S! :D

I really think you should bring all of us along with you! :lol:

Seriously!

Can you run Skype during the ultrasound and have them carry a live feed to those of us here at the WTM boards??

:D

It's actually a shimmery pale green. Very summery looking!

3 more days!!!

Woo hoo!!! It's just around the corner! :) That color sounds pretty.

Oaky, now I'm totally caught up in this and looking forward to the results of the U/S!

I really think you should bring all of us along with you!

:iagree::iagree: Hey stranger! Good to see you! :)

Seriously!

Can you run Skype during the ultrasound and have them carry a live feed to those of us here at the WTM boards??

LOL Totally this! Can you imagine the ultrasound technicians face! :lol::lol::lol:

I could see Nance saying, "What can I say, I have a lot of friends." :D

Hey stranger! Good to see you!

:seeya: :D You braved saying hi to me, even though I wrote oaky instead of okay?! What a friend!!! :lol:

LOL Totally this! Can you imagine the ultrasound technicians face! :lol::lol::lol:

I could see Nance saying, "What can I say, I have a lot of friends."

:iagree::lol:

lol I wish I could bring you all with me! Your support has been phenomenal! Plus it'd be funny lol.

Whoever asked about the manicure- my husband did my nails for me later that day after I got the pedicure! He's good at stuff like that. He would have done my toes, too, but I wanted all the trappings of a salon pedicure. :D

Anyway... Only two more days, so I can now say my u/s is "the day after tomorrow!" That sounds so close!!!

:seeya: :D You braved saying hi to me, even though I wrote oaky instead of okay?! What a friend!!! :lol:

hehehehehe No worries. I knew what you meant. I'm prone to typos myself. :p

lol I wish I could bring you all with me! Your support has been phenomenal! Plus it'd be funny lol.

Whoever asked about the manicure- my husband did my nails for me later that day after I got the pedicure! He's good at stuff like that. He would have done my toes, too, but I wanted all the trappings of a salon pedicure. :D

Anyway... Only two more days, so I can now say my u/s is "the day after tomorrow!" That sounds so close!!!

Oh that's so exciting!! And may I just say Nance that you are being a trooper through all of this. You're handling it so well. Just 2 more days! Woo hoo! :) :hurray:

It's TOMORROW! :hurray:

It's at 9:20 AM EST so around 25 hours from now, I'll be heading in for my ultrasound! Getting more nervous and excited all at once! I just REALLY hope everything measures how it should, and there's a heartbeat and so on!

Fortunately, I will be able to stay busy and distracted today. I am leaving around 9:30 this morning for a field trip- we're touring an alpaca farm an hour away from home with our homeschool group. I won't get home from that until probably 2-2:30, and at 6 PM, my son has a teeball game. In between, I'll do a little schoolwork with my daughter, watch some of those "Baby Story" shows I recorded to DVR, read my book, and count down the hours...

Nance, (who made it to 7 weeks today with no known problems)!

About three hours to go! I am so excited and nervous all at once! Please send good vibes, cross your fingers, say a quick prayer, or whatever it is you do in these situations that everything looks healthy and normal and that I don't get any worrying news today! Thank you!!!

ETA: Just two hours to go, now! I've already showered, shaved my legs, got dressed, I'm sipping my morning cup of decaf...this is going to be a slow two hours lol.

Edited by NanceXToo

Yay! Today's the day! I can't wait to hear about our, I mean your, baby.

I'll be thinking of you.

:grouphug:

Cassy

:iagree:

I have to leave the computer now for the day. Remember to TEXT ME!!!!!!

:grouphug: