Menu

Please keep these kids in your thoughts

Okay, I just want someone other than me thinking of "my" kids.

D and L are preschoolers, a girl and a boy

and B is a girl of almost 18months

The children were supposed to come to us last Monday from the home they've been living in since last summer when they were removed from their parents. Each day last week, that placement was moved back with a little more information given to us, but not much. Today, there was supposed to be a meeting with the family and CPS. It didn't happen.

The caseworker still has every intention on placing the children here and we are ready for them. Honestly, it feels like being 9months pregnant. You know it should be any time. We have their bedrooms ready. Their brushes, toothbrushing charts, jacket/backpack pegs are up. We have swim lessons set up. We picked up some more hair thingies.

And yet there is this knowledge that *something* is just not right. We are extremely concerned about the children at this point. I just hope that they are safe and FEEL safe.

Sweet dreams tonight D, L, and B.

Edited by 2J5M9K

No news at all today.

We've gotten calls from people who've gotten referrals for the children (ECI, our therapist, etc).

It makes it hard because we don't know what to tell them since I can't very well set appts.

Our therapist used to work for an agency and said that sometimes people take off with the kids.

Usually, she said, they realize they can't run forever and will show back up in fairly short order.

She also says that they are likely protecting them and the kids don't know what is up.

However, I really am one of those people who jump in with both feet (and my heart!) immediately.

They were mine the second we were chosen. I just really wish I knew their day was as ideal as it could be

and that they were tucked snuggly into bed having sweet dreams.

Edited by 2J5M9K

No news at all today.

We've gotten calls from people who've gotten referrals for the children (ECI, our therapist, etc).

It makes it hard because we don't know what to tell them since I can't very well set appts.

Our therapist used to work for an agency and said that sometimes people take off with the kids.

Usually, she said, they realize they can't run forever and will show back up in fairly short order.

She also says that they are likely protecting them and the kids don't know what is up.

However, I really am one of those people who jump in with both feet (and my heart!) immediately.

They were mine the second we were chosen. I just really wish I knew their day was as ideal as it could be

and that they were tucked snuggly into bed having sweet dreams.

I think its awesome that they have someone who wants to love on them so much. :grouphug:

Caseworker made contact. Now meeting is set for Friday. Excuse me if I don't hold my breath. I keep wondering if they'll get in trouble for keeping the kids like this or if they'll have a lawyer who will be able to argue for the family to keep them. I guess what I want to KNOW is that the kids will be happy and healthy regardless. Please let the people involved (family, lawyers if there are any, CPS, judges if there are any, etc) make the right choice.

Caseworker made contact. Now meeting is set for Friday. Excuse me if I don't hold my breath. I keep wondering if they'll get in trouble for keeping the kids like this or if they'll have a lawyer who will be able to argue for the family to keep them. I guess what I want to KNOW is that the kids will be happy and healthy regardless. Please let the people involved (family, lawyers if there are any, CPS, judges if there are any, etc) make the right choice.

Is the other foster family keeping the kids, wanting to adopt them? Or is it the bio parents?

Is the other foster family keeping the kids, wanting to adopt them? Or is it the bio parents?

Juliana, they have been in a kinship placement since last summer.

I don't want to sound like I don't understand their plight. The children were removed from their parents. Family is often the next best place for kids. However, if that placement wasn't working out....... But of course the parents and the family still love and care for the children! I certainly wouldn't want to give up the kids if I were them either! However, CPS has a reason for wanting to remove them from the kinship placement.

We'll just see....

Edited by 2J5M9K

Email at lunch: Meeting will be Friday morning. Will keep you posted.

Email at snack time: Placement will no longer be happening.

No idea what happened, but hopefully the children will be happy and healthy and safe :)

Aww Pamela - I'm so sorry. Prayers for your family - although this in a way is a positive outcome and I can tell you're trying to keep a good attitude. I save you the rest of the spiel that you already know. (hugs)