Menu

If you have things you'd like to give away for FREE, post them here!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use our elementary science scale. :lol: Then I figured out how to estimate online. If they have you pay via goods, you can print out the shipping label from paypal for much cheaper. A wonderful lady on here just taught me how to. :D

I would totally be interested if you do have a Saxon manual, btw. ;)

Thank you so much!

OK, here we go then. :D

• Mead Learn to Letter with Guidelines tablets. It has thick pages with indentations for letters, supposedly to guide the child writing.
  • Cuisenaire Rods Alphabet Book, Problem Solving A to Z. Some pages has been written on, but still useable.
  • Explode the Code. Teacher's Guide for Books 1 and 2
  • Worldly Wise A. A couple of pages have pencil writing.
  • Phonics and Word Analysis A and B, by Continental Press. Brand new. I have no idea why I have these, don't remember buying. :tongue_smilie:
  • More Mudpies to Magnets. Great condition.
  • Saxon Math K Teacher's Edition and Meeting Book. The TA is in good condition - has a pen scribble on the first page, otherwise is great. The Meeting Book has some crayon scribbles, but may be still useable.
  • Math Mammoth Grade 2 A and B. I printed both books at Kinko's (I think). They are soft cover, spiral bound and black and white. We have used some pages from 2A - they are missing. The 2B is complete.

Free for a good home, just pay for shipping. :001_smile:

Edited by *Inna*

I have the teachers manual for HWT kinder and first plus the first grade workbook. Both are in great condition and free just pay shipping.

Still looking for:

1. Spelling Power activity cards

2. MFW Adventures - ANY of it but especially the TM

3. MFW Kinder - ANY of it but especially the TM

4. Crib and/or bassinet in Utah???

MFW is what we are doing next year but with a baby on the way it is looking mighty expensive

I will try and go through my stuff this weekend. These are the only things I can think of off the top of my head:

Free just pay shipping

*Singapore math us edition teachers guides for 2a and 2b. Great like new condition.

* math 401-405 teachers guide this is new I accidentally bought 2:tongue_smilie:

*addition of larger numbers workbook from the mailbox company answers in back of book great condition.

* telling time and measuring a Judy skill book great condition

* abeka language arts 3 teachers guide 3rd edition great condition

Looking for:

*Saxon math 8/7 tg and/or student book 2nd or 3rd edition

*Rod and staff 6 and 7 tg and/or student book

*Cle math 101-110, 206-210, 405- 410, 605-610 tb and/or student books

*cursive first, I really just need the worksheets. I have the flash cards and tm, but I have misplaced the worksheets.

Edited by blessedmom4god
Adding some items

Wish list first, I am not home now. I will look through my stuff when I get home and post what I have later.

Wanted:

MFW Creation to Greeks Basic Package stuff or TM

Primary Language Lessons or R&S English and Reading grades 2 and 4

Singapore Primary Mathematics 2A and 3A or Hands on Math 2nd Grade

Any Right Start Math Manipulatives and RS Level C

I will probably think of more later. Oh, pencil sharpeners-can never get enough!

Lakota

I have a copy of Saxon math 8/7 3rd edition, the hard cover PS version. It is like new except for someone spilled chocolate milk on it and it stained the top of the pages and a few pages in lesson 1 & 2 are stuck to each other from it {it was this way when I got it from our local blessings bash}.

Free for shipping.

Have these to give away for just shipping costs:

The Well-Trained Mind (first edition)

Telling God's Year One Activity Book -- Brand New

Janice Van Cleave's Science Around the Year

Magic Tree House Hour of the Olympics

Practice Book Bears Balloons Boat

Saxon Phonics One Literature Extensions

DK Children Just Like Me

Christmas is Coming with Ruth J. Morehead's Holly Babes

Animal Flashcards in Chinese

TAKEN

Edited by toawh

Telling God's Year One Activity Book

Practice Book Bears Balloons Boats

DK Children Just Like Me

PM'ing you!! I want WTM :)

Telling God's Year One Activity Book

Practice Book Bears Balloons Boats

DK Children Just Like Me

PMing you about Janice Van Cleave and Children Just Like me :001_smile:

I have a copy of Saxon math 8/7 3rd edition, the hard cover PS version. It is like new except for someone spilled chocolate milk on it and it stained the top of the pages and a few pages in lesson 1 & 2 are stuck to each other from it {it was this way when I got it from our local blessings bash}.

Free for shipping.

sent you a pm!

The saxon 8/7 book I posted earlier is tenatively taken. I'll be answering PM's on it soon.

Up for grabs, free for shipping:

Gifted & Talented Reading Puzzles & Games for ages 4-6 workbook

Mother of Divine Grave Enrollment Booklet 2008-2009. This has their booklists in it if you wanted to take a look at them.

R&S Phonics Workbook grade 2 unit 1. New

The Big book of Home Learning Volume 4 afterschooling. Much older copy but still good info.

The Big book of Home Learning Volume 1 Getting Started. Much older copy but still good info.

And just an FYI - anything I've posted that isn't spoken for by the 19th will be taken to our local blessings bash on the 20th. So if there is something you're eyeing but are waiting for postage money let me know please.

I"m sitting here trying to figure out what to do with piles and piles of books....I need to sell the ones that I can get decent money for, but I'd love to get other stuff to good homes, just like this thread is doing.

Can I be the umpteenth person to suggest that a FFS (free for shipping) and LFFFS (looking for FFS) or NFFS (needed FFS) be added on here? I'm sure there are better titles, but, a whole sub-forum with the Sale and Swap Forum.....swaps are really hard to co-ordinate.

Great idea, sharing is good.

More items free for shipping. PM me if interested.

Abeka:

Arithmetic 3 tests and speed drills teacher key

Home school Arithmetic 3 curriculum / lesson plans

Discovering God's World Science reader 1 student book, 3rd ed. Penciled writing

Themes in Literature. OLDER Abeka book - hc for use in schools. says 9th grade inside cover

Merrill Health Focus on You Texas Edition Teacher Edition

Merrill Health Focus on You - different than above. Looks like maybe 4th -5th grade?

Sounds after dark reader - older hc reader book. looks like about 2nd -3rd grade

Preschool First Book of Letters practice in writing the alphabet and numerals

A year of fun for your 4 year old

Taking Time older HC literature book from ps - looks like 1st grade level

On the Track same as above except maybe 3rd grade level?

Catch a Sunflake same as above - 3rd grade -ish?

Wishes - same as above but 1st-2nd grade level

Archways - Same as above but high school level - says level 10 on back

City Spaces - same as above but says level 7 - 7th grade?

HBJ Treasury of Literature Out of This World - same as above. looks like middle school level

Spinners - Same as above - looks like 2nd / 3rd grade

BJU Reading for Christian Schools 4 - older edition for school use.

The College Writer's Reader - college level

Health and Growth 3 teacher's edition - older health book for 3rd grade

Addison-Wesley Science - has ape face on front. Looks like upper elementary level

MCP Phonics A - older plaid edition. Has some loose pages and may be missing a page or two

Harcourt A to Zoom Student book for letters and sounds

Literature of the American Southwest by Prentice Hall - upper high school or college level

Sing, Spell, Read and Write Off We Go workbook. Some pages completed / colored.

Quick Study Guides for: Psychology, Algebra part 1, Accounting 1, Windows XP Pro

The Original Summer Bridge Activities 4-5 - some pages done in pencil

ACE School of Tomorrow English Diagnostic Test - might be older version. Has some water damage but still usable.

The Norton Introduction to Literature 4th ed

Great Books for Boys GONE

Citizens guide to the texas legislature - older copy

10 steps in writing the research paper 5th ed

Books Children Love

Janice Van Cleave the Human Body for every kid GONE

Edited by frugalmama

NEW ITEM: Ikea Andrea Duvet cover set - Twin Size with two shams. 100% cotton and practically brand new condition. Main colors are orange, bright pink, purple.

I also still have the gorgeous, lined, ladies, size six, dress slacks in excellent condition.

I plan to post lots of school books this afternoon, mostly TEs.

post-183-13535086399506_thumb.jpg

I have received 1 package. Thank you so very much Sara in IL:)

I mailed out 5 packages today!!:)

We would still love to get any of these:

These are by--Betsy Maestro

Struggle for a Continent

Liberty or Death

A New Nation: The United States 1783-1815

Also:

A Charlotte Mason Education--Levison

Last Child in the Woods--Richard Louv---Maybe found :)

Any of the Original CM Writings except #4 Ourselves--we have that one:)

Beyond Survival--Diana Waring

Writing with Power--Peter Elbow

Janice VanCleave--we have Biology and Chem. would love any others--My kids are almost 5-14(5 of them) so any of them would be good for somebody:)

I know these may be a long shot, but I thought I would put it out there. My MIL picked up some Abeka readers at a garage sale. It is not a complete set, but I have been using them with my 5yo and he really likes them, so I thought I may just continue to use these with him. I'm looking for the following titles in the 1st grade program:

Secrets and Surprises

Aesop's Fables

and the following titles in the 2nd grade program:

Story Tree

Silver Sails

All Things - Even Frisky

All Kinds of Animals

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Edited by jpope
Took out the titles I have found.

I have a full-size STORA (Ikea) loft bed I'd like to give away. This is a wooden bed stained a light wood color. It is high enough for an adult to walk under without having to stoop.

Two things - we took the bolts off the ladder so that it could be removed easily during the day (it took up floor space) and we lost the bolts. It still has the hooks that attach it to the bed, so it's sturdy for climbing still - the ladder just isn't bolted on.

Also, during one of our cleaning days someone took the ladder and stuck it up in our wooden fort outside and it has been indirectly exposed to the weather. It could easily be painted or restained though. (or if you're really adventurous you could just use it as is.:D) I also have the mattress and a set of sheets to go along with it. (We have no other full-size beds in our house).

This bed was only used by my oldest, now married, son. He is a clean freak (at least one shower a day - often more) so the mattress is relatively clean.

Anyone in the NoVa area or thereabouts is welcome to come get it.

The loft bed has found a new home!:)

I'm looking for penguin DVD's....such as March of the Penguins or Mr. Poppers Penguins (dd hasn't never seen that one). My 8 year old is obsessed...obsessed I tell you...with penguins (whoever mentioned the penguin cam.....every.single.day. she must watch them). She walks around like a penguin...arms behind her like penguin flippers (are they flippers??). I told her in Walmart the other night to please stop....not in public. :001_unsure:

Anyway, if anyone has these DVD's sitting around collecting dust.....I know a little girl who would love them. Let's see....we already have Surf's Up and Happy Feet. Are there any other penguin movies?

I'm looking for penguin DVD's....such as March of the Penguins or Mr. Poppers Penguins (dd hasn't never seen that one). My 8 year old is obsessed...obsessed I tell you...with penguins (whoever mentioned the penguin cam.....every.single.day. she must watch them). She walks around like a penguin...arms behind her like penguin flippers (are they flippers??). I told her in Walmart the other night to please stop....not in public. :001_unsure:

Anyway, if anyone has these DVD's sitting around collecting dust.....I know a little girl who would love them. Let's see....we already have Surf's Up and Happy Feet. Are there any other penguin movies?

My kids won't part with their copies, but they love the 3-2-1 penguin shows by the Veggietales people, also they like the movie Scamper which is an animated one about a penguin.

I'm looking for the following titles in the 1st grade program:

Secrets and Surprises

The Bridge Book

Open Windows

Kind and Brave

Aesop's Fables

Strong and True

Story Tree

Treasure Chest

No Longer a Nobody

Silver Sails

All Things - Even Frisky

All Kinds of Animals

Also, any other 1st or 2nd grade Abeka phonics books would be helpful.

I have the titles in bold. If you want them pm me your address.

I know these may be a long shot, but I thought I would put it out there. My MIL picked up some Abeka readers at a garage sale. It is not a complete set, but I have been using them with my 5yo and he really likes them, so I thought I may just continue to use these with him. I'm looking for the following titles in the 1st grade program:

Secrets and Surprises

The Bridge Book

Open Windows

Kind and Brave

Aesop's Fables

Strong and True

Story Tree

Treasure Chest

No Longer a Nobody

Silver Sails

All Things - Even Frisky

All Kinds of Animals

Also, any other 1st or 2nd grade Abeka phonics books would be helpful.

These aren't on your list, but I found 2 abeka readers today at my thrift shop.

Paths of Gold 2-5

Mountain Pathways 6-1

Free for shipping. Let me know if you can use them.

Is it wrong not to want to give something away unless you are able to find something you need? :001_huh:

I feel bad to even say that .... but I have to be honest.

Not wrong per say, but hard to do. Straight trades are hard to coordinate. I have found that when I give something away, then in a few days normally someone has something I'm looking for or pm's me. I jokingly call it the law of homeschool bookshelves - any space emptied by selling or giving away books will promptly be filled without effort.

Is it wrong not to want to give something away unless you are able to find something you need? :001_huh:

I feel bad to even say that .... but I have to be honest.

I think if you give something away, someone else will have something you want. I gave someone some new in package flannel sheets from Penney's and another member had some books I wanted. Another member had something I wanted and it turned out she wanted what I had posted later.

By the way, this thread was set up originally to not have any money exchange but now people are saying free for shipping (haven't checked this thread in a while). Now I'm not so inclined to post books if I am shipping to someone for free but someone else is charging for shipping.

Well, I can tell you that if I have to pay for the items to be shipped I will find someone locally to give to. I just shipped off several things and paid over $30 in shipping for all the items. I am happy to give things but I can't pay to give them away.

I personally would much rather have someone pay for shipping than wait until I can get something in return.

Dawn

I think if you give something away, someone else will have something you want. I gave someone some new in package flannel sheets from Penney's and another member had some books I wanted. Another member had something I wanted and it turned out she wanted what I had posted later.

By the way, this thread was set up originally to not have any money exchange but now people are saying free for shipping (haven't checked this thread in a while). Now I'm not so inclined to post books if I am shipping to someone for free but someone else is charging for shipping.

Edited by DawnM

Well, I can tell you that if I have to pay for the items to be shipped I will find someone locally to give to. I just shipped off several things and paid over $30 in shipping for all the items. I am happy to give things but I can't pay to give them away.

I personally would much rather have someone pay for shipping than wait until I can get something in return.

Dawn

My point wasn't that people were asking for shipping. I should have been clearer. The thread was started so that no money would be exchanged, but the thread has turned into an exchange of money, which really should be a separate thread somewhere (not sure where). That's all. No big deal. :001_smile:

:iagree: I think the FFS items should be on a different thread.

FWIW, I have been both a sender and a receiver during the course of this thread, and I promise: It feels great either way!

OP here.

Yes, to clarify, the Mods said we couldn't have any exchange of money on the General Board.

So, someone can start a Free for shipping thread on the Sale/Swap board, or we can all keep pm'ing the mods to start a new sub-board for 'Free for Shipping' items.

But this thread should stay completely FREE, per request of the mods.

:001_smile:

This may have already been mentioned, but just a reminder that books and software can be shipped by Media Mail. It is a whole lot cheaper than Parcel Post or Priority Mail (although a little slower).

Also, if you want to determine the cost of postage in advance, you can look it up at www.usps.com through the "Calculate a Price" link on the left side. You will just need to know the weight of your item(s) and the zip code of the recipient. And if you need a box to ship your items, try your local grocery store, especially in the morning when they're restocking the shelves - they're always happy to give me as many as I want.

The less we spend on shipping, the more we have to buy more books.:lol:

Edited by Kathleen in LV

ISO:

Singapore 1B HIG for U.S. edition

American Girl books (my daughter wants to collect them all). We still need all of the Rebecca, Julie, and Kaya books, #2-6 in the Kit and Molly series, #3-6 in the Marie Grace and Cecile series, and #5 in the Addy series.

Still looking for the above and wanted to add to the list:

ETC Go for the Code and books 4 and 5

I have an old 2004 SOS 4th grade science set someone can have. I don't know what operating systems it works on or anything, but if you'd like it pm me.

Oh and we're a smoke free, pet friendly home. And I'm having a baby any day now, so if you don't hear back right away, it's because I got really busy all of a sudden! :lol:GONE

Edited by littlewigglebutts

I have an old 2004 SOS 4th grade science set someone can have. I don't know what operating systems it works on or anything, but if you'd like it pm me.

Oh and we're a smoke free, pet friendly home. And I'm having a baby any day now, so if you don't hear back right away, it's because I got really busy all of a sudden!:lol:

pm'd you about this

This may have already been mentioned, but just a reminder that books and software can be shipped by Media Mail. It is a whole lot cheaper than Parcel Post or Priority Mail (although a little slower).

Also, if you want to determine the cost of postage in advance, you can look it up at www.usps.com through the "Calculate a Price" link on the left side. You will just need to know the weight of your item(s) and the zip code of the recipient. And if you need a box to ship your items, try your local grocery store, especially in the morning when they're restocking the shelves - they're always happy to give me as many as I want.

The less we spend on shipping, the more we have to buy more books.:lol:

Just to add to this, you don't need the zipcode of the recipient if you're shipping media mail. The price is the same no matter if it's going one city over or across the country. I usually use the beverly hills zipcode if I want to put something in the USPS.com shipping calculator, why because I remember it from watching the show Beverly Hills 90210 back in the day LOL.

Just to add to this, you don't need the zipcode of the recipient if you're shipping media mail. The price is the same no matter if it's going one city over or across the country. I usually use the beverly hills zipcode if I want to put something in the USPS.com shipping calculator, why because I remember it from watching the show Beverly Hills 90210 back in the day LOL.

On a related note, when I want to estimate shipping and know the weight of the package but not the zipcode, I use 90210 because that's about as far away from me as you can get in the continental U.S. (maybe there's somewhere farther, but like you said, that particular zip code is easy to remember). I'd rather estimate too much than too little (referring to online selling, mostly, where I might want to state a flat shipping charge).

Good to know. I always thought it varied like Parcel Post & Priority Mail.

Reposting my Looking for list, as several people have asked.

MCP Math C or higher student and tm

Behold and See 2 from CHC

Pathways Readers from More New Friends up with workbooks

Climbing to Good English 3 and up

Map Skills Level C and up

Girl Scout Brownie and higher books both girl and leader, as well as patches & uniforms {we are Juliettes and get no help from council with costs and didn't get to sell cookies this year to cover costs}

Mary Frances books - all subjects. Vintage okay

Books about continents / countries for 2nd and 3rd grade geography {cultures good too}

R&S spelling student books level 3 and higher

And a request from my daughter - an American Girl Doll. Don't expect to find one here, but she asked that I include it as she is reading over my shoulder.

I am looking for Hooked on Phonics 2 set. I can't remember who it was that told me about this thread, but never got the HOP 2 offered to me. Thanks!:grouphug::grouphug:

I will offer Free items in some listings to ship together, as another member has done for me. I have too long of a drive to PO and medical bills rolling in.:tongue_smilie:

Also, we have several places locally who pick up donations.

But basement flooding has caused us to have to take tons to the dump!:confused: