Menu

Former amazon prime people

Does it seem like amazon holds up shipping out your order for days on end now? It just feels that way to me.

Yes! Though I feel like it's only been that way since the holidays ended. Before that, even without Prime, things went out very quickly. I've been wondering if they've been implementing cost-cutting measures.

I meant for people who are too cheap to fork over the $79/yr after the free year ran out. I remembered that amazon shipped out pretty quickly after I placed the order in my pre-Prime days. Now it takes days even to leave + the slow boat shipping method = I need an amazon prime co-op.

I meant for people who are too cheap to fork over the $79/yr after the free year ran out. I remembered that amazon shipped out pretty quickly after I placed the order in my pre-Prime days. Now it takes days even to leave + the slow boat shipping method = I need an amazon prime co-op.

Don't know if you're referring to me or Heart_Mom or both of us, but yes, I was referring to after my free-Prime ran out.

Yes, I have noticed a huge lag time! HUGE! I noticed it starting clear back at the beginning of Oct. I had started my Christmas shopping at that time, and it took some things clear until the end of Nov to get to me.

We just ordered a bunch of stuff for our new baby and all our school stuff for next year. I talked my DH into the Prime Trial for this month so I wouldnt have to wait forever. I am loving it! Everything comes so fast! I am hoping that DH agrees to continue it at the end of the trial.

For those of you have stopped prime, and find the shipping slow... are things still coming within the time stated?

Yes, as far as I remember. But the times stated are A LOT longer than they used to be. Like 2-3 weeks instead of 3-4 days. My stuff doesnt even ship for over a week most times(in stock, from amazon and qualified for free super saver shipping)

I am completely convinced they are doing this on purpose and I am "this close" to getting prime since I was spoiled, so apparently its working:tongue_smilie:

Yes, as far as I remember. But the times stated are A LOT longer than they used to be. Like 2-3 weeks instead of 3-4 days. My stuff doesnt even ship for over a week most times(in stock, from amazon and qualified for free super saver shipping)

I am completely convinced they are doing this on purpose and I am "this close" to getting prime since I was spoiled, so apparently its working:tongue_smilie:

I don't ever remember getting thins in 3-4 days before I had prime. Usually, it was about a week, sometimes a little longer. Rarely, less than a week. I love prime... never had a year free like some mentioned. Only a month, and that hooked me.

I have never had prime, but I think their free super saver shipping has slowed down a lot. I don't know if it is cost saving efforts or that they don't want you to get it as fast with free shipping so that you will pay for prime. It is a significant difference though. I used to get my stuff in 2-3 days tops. :glare:

Me too, on all counts. But now I think some sort of manipulation is going on. And I will not let my addiction cost $79 year.

We should all order Slow Cooker Recipes or Fast Food Nation, and then cancel the order, citing the reason of "Item(s) Would Not Arrive In Time" when they ask (and they always ask!) :)

Edited by mirth

I had this problem before I was prime. On the "free shipping" things would always be processing for days and days....or out of stock....

If I then changed to a pay shipping...poof!...everything was in and shipping.

I only got prime this year because I would be paying $80 in shipping anyway....no clue how fast they ship now.

It/they really bug me.

We've moved since I had prime, but I'm still getting things fairly quickly, usually within a week, dependent upon what day of the week I order. I actually got one order within 3-4 days once. I paid for shipping a couple of times and honestly it wasn't much faster.

I still want my prime back so I can order more individual items. They're stocking a lot of used books at decent prices, but not if you have to add shipping.

I find most things ship the day I order or the next. My latest order didn't ship for a few days but that was because of the holiday.

I don't ever remember getting thins in 3-4 days before I had prime. Usually, it was about a week, sometimes a little longer. Rarely, less than a week. I love prime... never had a year free like some mentioned. Only a month, and that hooked me.

:iagree: I pay for prime because things almost never shipped quickly for me before I had it. I hated ordering something and seeing an expected delivery date two weeks in the future, so prime is very worth it for me.