Menu

If you had your irs refund delayed what is the statuse today?

Did you get your return? How long did it take to get? Have you not received it? How long have you been waiting?

I was told yesterday that it was delayed. I checked the irs site and it said I would have it in two weeks.

Just curious how this is going for everyone.

Mine was filed and accepted on the 3rd and I still can't get a direct deposit date. IRS website tells me it hasn't even been processed yet.

Have you checked where is my refund? I was only told last night of the projected date. Before that they had no record of my refund.

I'm hoping if we all see how common the delays are we won't panic. :001_smile:

Have you checked where is my refund? I was only told last night of the projected date. Before that they had no record of my refund.

I'm hoping if we all see how common the delays are we won't panic. :001_smile:

Yes, it says I entered the wrong info when I didn't. I double checked everything on the taxes and everything was correct.

Mine was filed and accepted on the 3rd and I still can't get a direct deposit date. IRS website tells me it hasn't even been processed yet.

Same exact situation here. Our CPA sent it in on the 3rd and have heard nothing. Received our state refund on the 6th.

We filed on Feb 1. It didn't process right away. First they said it would be a week, then they said it could be up to 2 weeks, then they said it could be 6 weeks. We got it Monday, Feb 13.

Okay, so it is taking longer, but most are getting them. :001_smile:

We filed on Feb 1. It didn't process right away. First they said it would be a week, then they said it could be up to 2 weeks, then they said it could be 6 weeks. We got it Monday, Feb 13.

We efiled on Jan 28. and it still says it hasn't been processed - we did get confirmation that it was accepted by the IRS.

No, early actually. We completed an adoption, and all adoption refunds were reviewed last year. Since we will have another adoption finalization on this year's return, we have been told by our accountant to not even bother to file early.

Oh, brother.:glare:

I just called IRS and they told me March 3rd for my deposit. My taxes were accepted the 5th according to the lady I spoke to. Turbo tax said they were accepted the 3rd. I don't know who is right. I just want my refund.

I know. At least you have a date. :grouphug:

Update: We are aware that some taxpayers who have filed electronically and received an acknowledgement from the IRS are concerned when they visit "Where's My Refund" and are told that we have no information regarding their return. This is a temporary situation, and we expect to resolve the matter in a few days. At that time, taxpayers will be able to get an expected refund date when they visit "Where's My Refund."

If a taxpayer received an acknowledgment message that their e-filed tax return has been received, they can be assured that the IRS has the tax return even though "Where's My Refund" does not reflect that. Taxpayers should not call the IRS unless specifically directed by "Where's My Refund," as there is no new information to give them.

We expect the vast majority of tax refunds to continue to be issued within the historical range of 10 to 21 days. The IRS is taking steps to update information so that Where's My Refund has current information. The IRS apologizes for any inconvenience and will provide updated information as soon as possible.

Just saw this on www.irs.gov under "Where's My Refund".

We filed on the ninth and it was accepted almost immediately. We were first told to expect the refund on the 22nd, but then we got an email saying there was a delay. Where's my refund showed a new date of 2/28. I just checked it tonight, and now it says 2/17 :confused: Hopefully that's true. We'll see.

You have no idea how glad I am to see this thread! We e-filed on Feb 8th, and it was accepted within 10 minutes by the IRS. We were told a potential depost of today. Of course, there's no deposit today, and in the last few days I've been trying to look up the status on the website- all I got was errors.

Just a short while ago I checked again, and I now have a status that says to expect a refund by the 28th. Whew. I sure wish it was coming earlier, but as long as it's soon I'll be okay with it.

We filed on the 5th of January, when dh got his W2. However, the IRS did not begin accepting returns until the 17th of January. It was accepted the same day, and the IRS site said we should receive direct deposit by January 28th. However, a few days later it said the IRS was having processing delays and it would be February 9th, which it was.

Wow, I'm really surprised by this. :001_huh: We e-filed through Turbo Tax at the beginning of the month. Our return was accepted within five minutes, and my (substantial) return was deposited in our checking account a week later. Are a lot of people having problems?

I think it's a bigger percentage than normal.

Wow, I'm really surprised by this. :001_huh: We e-filed through Turbo Tax at the beginning of the month. Our return was accepted within five minutes, and my (substantial) return was deposited in our checking account a week later. Are a lot of people having problems?

That's what makes me nervous. We efiled a few days before you; it was accepted within 10 minutes, and we've never seen an estimated date of any kind. It's still saying they have no information on our return.

Edited by Susan in TN

Filed and was accepted on Feb. 7. Yesterday, the IRS website finally said they had been received and I would get my refund on Feb. 28.

Exactly the same here. We were told the 15th, and then yesterday woke up to a message from IRS saying the 28th.

Well, I just looked at "Where's My Refund" again and it says it will be deposited on the 21st. Contact them if it is not there by the 26th. I am just not counting on it till it is actually in the bank. :tongue_smilie:

I did see something on the news about delays because of checking the validity of it.

Dh is swamped with work stuff so he hasn't filed ours yet.

We have had a Tax preparer here that is causing lots of news since they aren't honest. and people aren't getting refunds.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/wavy-interviews-mo-money-ceo-in-memphis

I filed on Feb 8th and WMR says it should be deposited on the 28th. I think 3 weeks is a really long time to process a direct deposit. I feel like in years past we saw the money in about a week.

ETA: grrr. Checked today (2-22) and now the site says due to delays, our deposit date is March 6. That's almost a month!

Edited by HLDoll

Yes, it says I entered the wrong info when I didn't. I double checked everything on the taxes and everything was correct.

Same for us. I just checked.

We filed February 5 and our status on Where's My Refund has always said to expect our refund February 28th. Today it says: Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 21, 2012. :001_huh:

I don't get it.

OUrs came today. I filed on Jan 31st. I got an email and confirmation number on Feb 6 and on the site it said we would get it on Feb 15th. On Feb 14th, I got an email saying it was delayed. Then I tried the website to see when we would get it. At that point, it said they didn't have our return. I called them and they couldn't locate our return. Then a few days later, they said we would have it by Feb 28th. We got it today.

The IRS agent said they were delayed because they were checking for fraud more closely since they were burned so badly last year. That was fine but a) my return was about a fraud proof as possible- same three children for the last 16 years, dh has the same job for the last 24 years, no weird deductions or credits, only college credit is for an 18 year old and is minimal since she has a full tuition scholarship, etc. We didn't have the first time buyer credit that they fear a lot of fraud with. SO anyway, I bet when they actually looked, they saw it was the same as every year so nothing suspicious and then they issued the refund earlier than the second time they said.