Menu

What's for dinner this Wednesday evening?

This was a frozen "steamfresh" bag by Bird's Eye.

I thought so ...right after I got excited. I loved roasted chestnuts, but have a huge aversion to 'water chestnuts'. I really detest frozen or canned 'chestnuts'.

I keep hoping...and yet I know there is no hope. Thanks for letting me down easy. lol :)

Edited by LibraryLover

Pulled pork from the crock-pot. My husband and I wrapped ours in tortillas and the kids ate theirs plain with potato chips on the side. We also had a crudites plate: carrots, celery, red bell pepper strips, and apple wedges.

We were eating in a big hurry because we had someplace to go this evening.

Meatloaf (ground turkey, beef, and sausage) and roasted "sweets & greens"--which, by the way, was SO good! It's from a recent BH&G issue:

Roasted Sweets & Greens

* 1 1/2 - 2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed

* 1 tablespoon olive oil

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

* 2 cloves garlic, minced

* 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts

* 2 cups arugula

* 1/4 cup cider vinegar (I used white balsamic)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut in wedges. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.

2. Roast sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Toss, then roast 15 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with minced garlic and hazelnuts, then return to oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until nuts are toasted and garlic is softened. Remove from oven; sprinkle with arugula and vinegar.

I thought so ...right after I got excited. I loved roasted chestnuts, but have a huge aversion to 'water chestnuts'. I really detest frozen or canned 'chestnuts'.

I keep hoping...and yet I know there is no hope. Thanks for letting me down easy. lol :)

I love roasted chestnuts too. I can get them at some of the Asian markets.

Why do these threads always get started on days when I either didn't make anything interesting or didn't make dinner at all?

We had tickets for the encore showing of the Met's "Faust" at a local movie theatre tonight. The kids and I ate snacks at home at about 4:00, then popcorn at the theatre. For my husband, the theatre is closer to work than home. So, he just grabbed a veggie burger at Johnny Rockets before the show.

Someday, someone will start one of these threads on a day when I made a good dinner!

oh, this is just bad... bad, bad, bad...

Tonight I started SCHOOL! (for myself... night class) I gave one son a container of pre-cooked ground beef, 2 boxes of hamburger helper, a can of green beans, told his sister to make sure the stove is turned off when the food is done... and headed out the door.

(I'm so excited about school!!!)